Performance power went 283 in the mile a couple days ago kennedy space center... WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Objectively, I don't see much upside for PPR to do an encore run. It seems they have accomplished a solid business objective. 1) Guinness record; 2) Slick marketing video; 3) People oooing, ahhhing, and wowing around the world on highly visible media (Top Gear, Carbuzz, etc.).

OTOH, the potential downside of an encore run is huge...anything from blowing up to finishing last...which could effectively ruin the business objective.

The controversy over his run seems to be contained among a very small number of mile enthusiasts, which is likely to have little to no effect on PPR's business, short of protesters with placards on a picket line.

Respectfully I disagree. People who put serious horsepower mods on their car and racers in general talk.....a lot. I only mile/runway race but a lot of the people I meet do open road, mile, drag etc. They all talk to the best racers asking what works, who works on your car, whose parts you recommend etc...and reputation is everything. The general public can be snowed but from a business perspective he is alienating the very community that will buy his parts/services. It is a small world in racing and I would not have understood that until I got into it. The things I hear about amaze me and I am only in it in a very small way.

You are not going to get a Hennessey, Heffner, Accufab type positive rep by not having results that can be proven and reproduced. There is no business upside in this for him.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
With 5,600 views in such a short time in a small community, Skyrex is probably right. People with money to mod their car check these things out before doing it. With so many well known and respected folks questioning the claims, it will have an impact. That's why Forums like this exist in the first place and are so incredibly popular.

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Well it's unfortunate for an incident like this to be so controversial. You will have the people that you can sell anything to believing it. (Unfortunately thats more than you think) And you will have the rest who actually know better, trying to figure out how someone was able to fool the system. Kinda like snake oil and fools gold. Some people just need something to believe in. Unfortunately for the rest of us who try and earn an honest living in the pursuit of achievements like this it leaves a sore spot. I like the previous suggestions of doing something on neutral territory. (No goons with guns like last time) Let the clutch out and see who wins fair and square for everyone who cares to see for real. Maybe some cash award to keep it interesting.

I have had a lot of calls about this and unfortunately it has wasted a lot of my time. The results don't match up with the claims. It doesn't surprise me coming from witnessing firsthand their previous behavior. If they really want to be thought of and be respected by their peers, I should hope they will surface and accept the challenge. I suspect they will just create some kind of drama similar to a boxing match and fail to deliver when it comes down to race day. Either way, I'm gonna just try and ignore this entire situation and go back to work. Every minute wasted discussing this matter is an minute I'm not being productive.

John Mihovetz

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
John, great statement. If it helps... for those of us that do not know as much as you do, we really do appreciate your comments as well as the others that have shared their expertise here as well. Thank you. However, please do get back to developing more of those great products of yours that that many of us have on our cars.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Objectively, I don't see much upside for PPR to do an encore run. It seems they have accomplished a solid business objective. 1) Guinness record; 2) Slick marketing video; 3) People oooing, ahhhing, and wowing around the world on highly visible media (Top Gear, Carbuzz, etc.).

OTOH, the potential downside of an encore run is huge...anything from blowing up to finishing last...which could effectively ruin the business objective.

The controversy over his run seems to be contained among a very small number of mile enthusiasts, which is likely to have little to no effect on PPR's business, short of protesters with placards on a picket line.

I had 5 different people ask me if I thought the run speed was legit at SEMA. Not one of the people who asked me believed the claim.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I had 5 different people ask me if I thought the run speed was legit at SEMA.

And what was your answer? :lol

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I had 5 different people ask me if I thought the run speed was legit at SEMA. Not one of the people who asked me believed the claim.

I'm not supporting the claim. I'm just proposing that PPR will laugh all the way to the bank. I'll bet he has customers lining up like he's a gas station in Staten Island. Well...maybe not that much. :) Knowledgeable customers are still a small subset of customers with money.

P.S. I have Accufab on my car too and as long as John is checking in here...thanks man!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That is doubtful in the extreme. There's a long history of stupidity you've missed, all the way back to the days when PPR offered stuff for crazy stupid prices like a $12,000 pulley tune or a Whipple for $30k or a complete Turbo car that clearly didn't have a turbo kit on it in the pictures for $800k. :lol

And just in case you forgot, don't make me send homeboy after you.

attachment.php

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
hahaha! That is a sorry ass pair of non-scary mofos. lol.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't blame anything on the guy on the right, whoever he is. Just blame the idiot with the gun and the guy that paid him to be there running up on people.

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
I certainly think it would not be that hard to contact Guinness and place some kind of formal challenge against this "record". Certainly it has been done before with the many records that they have in their books. I'm sure there is a procedure just like at any other record level competition. I would love to see a retraction of this fantasy occurance. Those with above average intelligence and experience at this game know that it just didn't happen. Won't say that it can't happen because it will, it just didn't happen at this time. I really can't believe how many people actually think it might have happened.

As for the previous photo, as my father told me when I was a kid "show me your friends and that will show me who you are as well". I guess the short version of that is we are all judged by the company we keep, guilty by association and so on. Nobody with any common sense brings a clown with an automatic weapon (loaded or unloaded) to a racing environment. You all have heard how many people got shot with "unloaded" weapons. Personally I don't want to race around people like this. It's already a dangerous environment without an idiot and an assault rifle.

Lets get some wagers going on a face off of the 3 fastest cars. Winner take all.

John Mihovetz

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Lets get some wagers going on a face off of the 3 fastest cars. Winner take all.

John Mihovetz

My guess, it isn't going to happen!

Now from reading his website, he is more interested in selling car care products and aluminum alloys then car mods. He claims if you use his wax your car will go faster in the mile, but only if you use Tag Heuer timing. :lol

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I agree with everything Being said in these posts. Lets all go to a common site, put some money down and as far as I am concerned, we can donate it all to a charity or whatever good cause we can come up of... I am game!!!

Seank

Texas Mile Record Holder
Jun 2, 2011
Katy
Nobody with any common sense brings a clown with an automatic weapon (loaded or unloaded) to a racing environment. You all have heard how many people got shot with "unloaded" weapons. Personally I don't want to race around people like this. It's already a dangerous environment without an idiot and an assault rifle.

The only weapon we would bring has 4 wheels and is loaded with an accufab engine and a six speed!! LOL

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
That is doubtful in the extreme. There's a long history of stupidity you've missed, all the way back to the days when PPR offered stuff for crazy stupid prices like a $12,000 pulley tune or a Whipple for $30k or a complete Turbo car that clearly didn't have a turbo kit on it in the pictures for $800k. :lol

attachment.php

Is that vanilla ice on the right? :rofl

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
You guys do realize that the 1500whp it made maxed the chassis Dyno @ 28lbs of boost right in line with what rays and marks car would make at that boost level..10more lbs of boost is worth an easy 300whp and spray on top of that is worth ??? I seriously think it looks bad that that don't post the proper facts about the combo, but it is what it is..

Lmr back halfed 60mph while marks car back halfs 51-53.Lmr is making more power out the back then marks car is and that camaro is only gonna need todo 220 half Togo 280... So if ppr makes more power out the back than mark does he could run less to the 1/2 mile and more out the back..

At the end of the day it goes like this like it or not. You have 4 ford GT's and they all have 76mm turbos at 40lbs of boost and all are equally controlling the power the same or accelerating the power the same they are all gonna run very close as long as they don't blow up. Look at rays and marks car in the short amount of passes they have Made. So no matter what the ppr car is capable of 270+ cause marks and rays carS can run over that..

This isn't far fetch.. It's just hard to swallow cause its a guy who has rubbed many wrong..

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
You guys do realize that the 1500whp it made maxed the chassis Dyno @ 28lbs of boost right in line with what rays and marks car would make at that boost level..10more lbs of boost is worth an easy 300whp and spray on top of that is worth ??? I seriously think it looks bad that that don't post the proper facts about the combo, but it is what it is..

Lmr back halfed 60mph while marks car back halfs 51-53.Lmr is making more power out the back then marks car is and that camaro is only gonna need todo 220 half Togo 280... So if ppr makes more power out the back than mark does he could run less to the 1/2 mile and more out the back..

At the end of the day it goes like this like it or not. You have 4 ford GT's and they all have 76mm turbos at 40lbs of boost and all are equally controlling the power the same or accelerating the power the same they are all gonna run very close as long as they don't blow up. Look at rays and marks car in the short amount of passes they have Made. So no matter what the ppr car is capable of 270+ cause marks and rays carS can run over that..

This isn't far fetch.. It's just hard to swallow cause its a guy who has rubbed many wrong..

What?

Reactions: BigsGT

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

attachment.php

Cretins

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Apparently he posted his timeslip on the other site.

here is a quote from him too >

The next excuse: horsepower is not enough to go 280mph. If you watch the video you can see the dyno maxed out at 1500whp uncorrected. Now if the dyno stops reading how would we put a dyno number up as "proof" of the hp? You guys have no clue what kind of power we make. The maxed out dyno was at a lower 20lbs boost range somewhere around 22-24 psi. We run the car at 32-38 psi in a run. Since you’re so smart already you can do the math on the hp levels at high boost. That is a little over 1900whp conservatively without nitrous. So why did we lie about the 1700 hp in all the articles? We did not. The horsepower is an irrelevant number and any real racer that does not sit on the computer all day knows that. Not to mention everyone knows we run n2o so they have no clue on what hp we actually run. Until we are done mile racing we won’t disclose that number. Assumptions are just that.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...but only if you use Tag Heuer timing. :lol

Please don't knock TAG Heuer!!!

TAG Heuer makes timing equipment. Very good timing equipment! They do not set up the timing - they supply the equipment.

I use "homologated" TAG Heuer for World Class ski racing. They, and other manufacturers, submit their equipment to the FIS (and other organizations) and become certified for many types of events. They make their living selling very good equipment.

That said, the procedure for setting up timing for any type of event lies within the rules of that event's organization or the agency that controls the rules of the organization. And, it would appear that each of these mile events sets up their own rules and quality control.

Thus, until each organization is certified by an umbrella organization, each can (and, it would appear) and does their setup in the manner that benefits it. These organizations need to establish common rules and procedures, which can be verified at each location, in order for the records to be legimitized - Guiness should know this, and, I agree, it would seem that a protest would bring these issues to light.

Just - Dont blame the equipment maker - I'll bet their equipment was working perfectly. How it was used is another question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.