Performance power went 283 in the mile a couple days ago kennedy space center... WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Does the engineering and testing Ford designers used still apply at these speeds? Is it time to start with new slate.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Good question, I think the suspension on the GT basically bottoms out at about 180mph as a result of downforce.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Stock suspension bottoms out at 220 mph

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Then I am OK, my car is never going to get there. :biggrin

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

220 and what DA?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
220 and what DA?

Good point! :lol

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
220 and what DA?

Depends on what size bra the chic in the passenger seat wears....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Depends on what size bra the chic in the passenger seat wears....

I don't know the what size bra the passenger was wearing, but the driver going 283 wears a big jock strap!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
ive noticed my car hits the limit of the suspension around 180 but it got the Penske setup. Either way, it's amazing that the car makes enough downforce to overcome the springs like that.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Well then, I guess white is the fastest color just like Ed said.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Does anyone know if this is a published meet (at KSC) open to other entrants, or is it a privately-funded speed run?

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Well, since no one else has answered this very important question yet I'll assume I'm the only physicist on the board, and it is therefore my obligation?

I am happy to report that I recently bought a RED FGT because RED is definitely the fastest color traveling through a medium other than vacuum, i.e. air. This is because it has the longest wavelength of about 700 nm.

Now one of you brillant forum members might ask about white, well white is sum of all the other colors, RED being fastest and the others slower, so clearly slower than the pure RED speeder!!!

Just sayin'.....

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I don't know the what size bra the passenger was wearing, but the driver going 283 wears a big jock strap!

Huevos Grandes!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I have tried to ignore this thread all weekend, but I just can't. Let me preface this by saying I have no idea if the run was legit and if it was all my congrats and best wishes go out to them on a great accomplishment. However, if I was competing on that level I would go to the best event and run against the best cars. It is a whole different animal competing against actual cars than running by yourself. I have been doing this a bit and I have never heard of the IMRA. When I looked at their website it feels like an organization created to verify their results. Texas and Mojave use the same timing system. These guys have their own. I am pretty sure that Texas and Mojave are not a part of the IMRA, so who are they?? I mean these are the same people that claimed a world record run of 223.something a few months ago and we all know people who have run faster than that in the mile....especially Mark and Sean and their incredible GT.

If I had a car to compete on that level I would not stay local. I would go where the competition is the best......which is why I stay in California. :lol

Anyway I hope it is legit, it just feels strange. :cheers

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
From the looks of his website it appears to me that he has created his own mile racing organization headquarted in Florida and run on the runway at the Kennedy Space Center with Formula 1 timing equipment > http://internationalmileracingassociation.com/

Not only does Johnny Rocket own the world record for the fastest car in the mile with his Ford GT; but he also owns the world record for the fastest Corvette in the mile too with a speed of 252 mph :bow Johnny is the real deal from what me and the Guinness book of world records can tell :usa that pic of him racing his GT against an F-104 starfighter is just stellar :cool he had to be going pretty damn fast when that pic was taken as that plane will stall at slow speeds.

I wish i lived in Florida....

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
How fast did that same car run last time it ran in one of the open mile events?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
How fast did that same car run last time it ran in one of the open mile events?

283.323 mph

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
283.323 mph

Re-read the question Freddy. The last open event we saw him at was Texas 2 years ago and he didn't finish a run. His first one he blew up on and was on the trailer and on the way home Saturday before noon.

To my knowledge none of his runs of speed were at open events.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Re-read the question Freddy. The last open event we saw him at was Texas 2 years ago and he didn't finish a run. His first one he blew up on and was on the trailer and on the way home Saturday before noon.

To my knowledge none of his runs of speed were at open events.

The last event that Johhny Rocket raced at was 10-16-2012.

according to his website his events are open events. Texas needs to beat this man on his own turf as he holds the world record for the fastest car in the mile. if anybody thinks they got what it takes to beat him, sign up for his next race and bring it....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:lol :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.