Performance power went 283 in the mile a couple days ago kennedy space center... WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
:lol :facepalm:

:agree:

I really can't think of anything to say except :confused:willy:willy:confused

You kind of made my point. I can create an organization and print a speed certificate too......actually I have printed speed certificates. :wink I am not going to call myself the official sanctioning body for an entire type of racing. You need to have more than one event under your flag so to speak to call yourself International. If you look at their claimed "world records" a lot of those types of cars have had faster times at events that are longer standing. It calls into question all your results when people know that there are runs out there that were faster than times you have claimed.

I guess what they are saying is that they are the only event that counts....and I just don't agree with that. Not trying to argue, just stating the facts.

Freddy, you are priceless my friend but we can agree to disagree on this one. :cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
One other thing. When I did organize an event I went and got the same people that time for the Texas Mile and Mojave because I did not want anyone to be able to question the results or timing of any event I was a part of. I am not saying there are not other people who can't provide accurate timing, but I would not have done an event without the timing I was able to provide.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If it is an open event, I wonder why I don't hear about any results other than from Johnny's two cars?

Still I am willing to give Johnny the benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise. It isn't rocket science to get accurate timing, you just have to care to do it right.

If it is in the Guinness book of record, it either happened, or he had to pay someone some big $$$!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Here is a link to the results of other cars that raced there. http://internationalmileracingassociation.com/bookings.htm Click on records.

I know of at least 4 of their "world" record runs for types of cars that have been bettered at other events. I watched a newer Dodge Challenger run a 201.7 at the last Mojave event.

You would think accurate timing is easy, but I was surprised all that went into it when I talked to the timing people.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i have no dog in this hunt. but, denial is the sincerest form of flattery to Johnny. with that said he went to Texas and got beat. i think it is Texas turn to go to Florida and try and beat him. as far as me and my GT are concerned; if you wanna race me you will have to go to Mojave....

have fun with the keyboard racing gentlemen. i prefer to do my racing on the track....

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
i have no dog in this hunt. but, denial is the sincerest form of flattery to Johnny. with that said he went to Texas and got beat. i think it is Texas turn to go to Florida and try and beat him. as far as me and my GT are concerned; if you wanna race me you will have to go to Mojave....

have fun with the keyboard racing gentlemen. i prefer to do my racing on the track....

I have no dog either and no axe to grind.

Hey, I like to drive....obviously. :biggrin And I drive a lot at these type of events. I have done every public Mojave event except one and organized two of our own. I care about driving these types of things and you and I have run three times together. I am not someone who sits behind a keyboard and takes a whack at someone. I have some decent experience and have driven pretty fast in my own right.

I said in the beginning I am not saying the run is not legit. I hope it is as it would be a great acheivement. But if you own the event, the timing equipment and the sanctioning body there is a HUGE conflict of interest there. I don't care if guiness is there or not. What ends up in that book is not always what is the "record". It is the "record" of what they have seen. Now I may be wrong but fewer people would question it if there was a third party involved.

And with that I am out of this conversation........................best to all who race because anyone who takes the chance to go out and participate deserves to do well. :cheers

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So...if I understand this...this is unique in my lifetime. A record holder that owns the sanctioning body, the timing equipment and the car! What a great concept!

Well, I guess they just need to do the run again. lol. No AK-47s please!!!

Last edited:

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I say bring it to the Texas Mile in March of 2013...... This event is held twice a year and this facility is a tough spot to figure out the track.... There is a fast Camaro with over 2000hp and then my little GT that got lucky this year just edging the Camaro by .1mph. We ran a 263.3mph and they ran 263.2mph. Great race and fun. Come join us in March to decide who has the fastest Mile car!!!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I say bring it to the Texas Mile in March of 2013...... This event is held twice a year and this facility is a tough spot to figure out the track.... There is a fast Camaro with over 2000hp and then my little GT that got lucky this year just edging the Camaro by .1mph. We ran a 263.3mph and they ran 263.2mph. Great race and fun. Come join us in March to decide who has the fastest Mile car!!!

Very well said Mark

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Come join us in March to decide who has the fastest Mile car!!!

You absolutely hold the undisputed record for most badass looking mile car.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx

Freddy,

Just for clarification. Ray did go to Florida. Thats where the gun incident took place. He was beaten there. Then he came to Texas and went out first run. Its great to see a car that is 6 years old still plow out incredible numbers but seems questionable when you don't attend any other events around the country other than the one you have now created. Also if you look at the website there are no listed dates for the runs. And all competitors have to be approved by IRMA. Only way to find out if you can run is to email them. I saw we put together a date with the Texas Mile people and run Ray, Johnny and Mark/Sean in a grudge match. I'll pay to see it.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Fred, Fredaroo, Fredareano’… none of this makes sense. I am really perplexed by your statements in defense of the guy and his shop. I understand that there is some hostility toward Johnny on this site but it really seems like he has earned it, maybe he likes it. Regardless of that, he has built some very fast cars and I have personally bought several pieces of hardware from his shop. I really try to like him but find it immensely difficult given the nature of competitive spirit. However, the only people that really believe he has the fastest Ford GT and the people who are to stupid to know better. He has never successfully competed against anyone else that I am aware of. You can always have the biggest **** in the room, when your alone.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I am not saying the run is not legit. I hope it is as it would be a great acheivement. But if you own the event, the timing equipment and the sanctioning body there is a HUGE conflict of interest there. I don't care if guiness is there or not. What ends up in that book is not always what is the "record". It is the "record" of what they have seen. Now I may be wrong but fewer people would question it if there was a third party involved.

i have to agree with you on the part about a conflict of interest as one could bend the rules to make things unfair. politics are a huge part of racing and i have personally experienced it for myself at the 2007 Silver State Classic open road race when a corvette got right on my Viper's bumper at the finish line to throw my timing off so as to keep me from winning my class. the year before i got 2nd place in my very first race there and somebody was scared of me and my skills. all the top competitors were using 2 state of the art gps's dash mounted and 2 GIANT mounted stop watches. i used nothing but a very old skool hand held gps and a stop watch slung around my neck that had a readout so small that most people coudn't read it parked in their car from 3 feet away much less at 150+ mph....

with that said what i don't understand is the endorsement by Guinness. i would think that they are a credible source. the question would be what did they do to verify that his run was in fact 1 mile in length and not longer. and what did they do to verify that the Formula 1 timing equipment was setup and used properly. the distance is very easily verified. the timing equipment speaks for itself. with that said i still believe that he went 283 mph in the mile. the only thing i question is 1700 rwhp? i bet he had at least 2000 rwhp....

people lie about horsepower all the time on pinks and pass time, but the burnouts never lie :thumbsup

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Fast Freddy
What is the Silver State like? I've heard its fast but pretty boring until the last part? Have you ever run Sandhills? That course looks awesome. i ran Big Bend this year in my McLaren - got 16th out of 160 vehicles first time out using nothing but a $7 Walmart oven timer - I was 0.283 seconds over target! As you say, lots of these guys (especially the Vette boys) run multiple GPS gear with 'ghosting' apps to help them; those people are waaay too serious! Thinking of entering the GT next year so I can run a much faster class ( the Mac can't be fitted with harnesses so I can't break out of the 110 class)

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Certifiable.

A record holder that owns the sanctioning body, the timing equipment and the car! What a great concept!

+1 on the above.

Attachments

• bored-baby-1284.jpg
    bored-baby-1284.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 595

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
well guys after watching the video of his run and a video of the car on the dyno with his dyno printout i have come to the following conclusion. according to the dyno sheet he is only making 1500 rwhp so that would be ~ 1700 Hp at the crank. the dyno sheet does not give a date when it was run. the dyno was a dynojet and can be set to read HIGH or low. also the dyno run could have been done on low boost and on race day he turned up the boost to make more power. also on the day prior to race day he could have hooked up a 300+ shot of nitrous via a wet kit. i notice that his in car boost gauge reads to a max of 35 pounds and he crossed the finish line in 5th gear. in a previous vid he claimed that he has custom gearing for the car. with that said if he went 283 mph in the mile with only a mere 1500 rwhp i would have to believe that he had a mine shaft DA that day with a hurricane force tailwind, which it appears that he had neither of that day and which can be verified via online weather data....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ODBL2r0vwA&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Would really like to see these cars run at a legitimate venue against other cars (minus anyone with firearms running up on people). Ray's car and Mark's car have both performed at neutral venues. It's a big number if the 283 is true, but that's alot faster than other cars have run while making much more power with good weather. That video doesn't show much, and Guinness will show up for whoever pays. I know Sean, Mark, Ray, etc would all be down to run on the same day at the same location.

Supposedly the Performance Power Vette went 254 with less than 1000 rwhp. LMR, who just went 263 mph in a Camaro that has made as much as 2000 horsepower to the wheels, went 231 with 1500 rwhp in a Vette last year. It would be interesting to see what they'd do in Texas, to help figure out how a car with 2/3rds the power is going 10% faster.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nice marketing video. Can't fault him for that. Maybe they have "metric miles" (like metric tons) in Florida...add 10%.

Somebody apparently thought the car was going as fast as an F-104 at takeoff. Pretty clear that shot was a still from the video, with the car standing still.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That video doesn't show much, and Guinness will show up for whoever pays.

How much do you have to pay? Maybe I can beat the record with just a Whipple. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.