Performance power went 283 in the mile a couple days ago kennedy space center... WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What is pandalloy? Apparently, something that is better than dilithium crystals!

I'm surprised there aren't more google hits on this. It would be nice to see a timing slip. Not that I doubt the news...it's on the internet so it must be true. Astonishing indeed! Records are usually broken incrementally, not absolutely vaporized.

Last edited:

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Wow!!!! That's astonishing!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Well it got published on Guinness's web site. how many car people look on that thing? There will be video monday i guess as i looked on ppr fb page.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Now THAT's insane!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
How can we be sure that they didn't just threaten to shoot the timing people?

Impressive feat with the car. Still not impressed by goons that brandish assault rifles with women and children around.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Impressive feat with the car. Still not impressed by goons that brandish assault rifles with women and children around.

True that or payed Guinness off. None the less if they went that fast WOW. The deal in Fl wasnt cool with Ray.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Well, - - - - it's still a Ford GT, and I have to give them credit for the efforts that they have put in. Does anyone know anything about the configuration? Turbos? NOS? Supercharger? Displacement? Half-shafts? Just curious as to the modded level. If the picture is correct of that run, I see they are still running without a front splitter...

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Well, - - - - it's still a Ford GT, and I have to give them credit for the efforts that they have put in. Does anyone know anything about the configuration? Turbos? NOS? Supercharger? Displacement? Half-shafts? Just curious as to the modded level. If the picture is correct of that run, I see they are still running without a front splitter...

Twin turbos, idk on displacement as he has a few motors for the car, aftermarket half shafts and yes no splitter..

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Are you working to 300MPH? So close but so far away :)

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
and yes no splitter..
I thought the GT would flip over if one added an inch to the rear diffuser and upset the factory balance :biggrin

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

Regardless of IF they actually did it or not, those guys are creepy

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Congrats to them... I have seen a lot of the products they offer for GTs and its some pretty impressive stuff. Regardless of their personal behavior at the Texas Mile, the boys know how to make a car go fast. I. Glad they did it in a Ford.

Time for Ray to step it up. ;)

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I think they should bring it to the Texas Mile and do it there. Still 2 days left.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Pandalloy - some type of Aluminum apparently...

"The run was measured by Tag Heuer timing equipment and verified by officials from the International Mile Racing Association, who recognized the run as a new IMRA world record. Johnny’s crew included Matt Lundy Lead Design Tech, Jeff McEachran, Frank Richert, George Brown and Matt Lilly. Sponsors of the car included Performance Power Materials, Pandalloy Extreme Performance Aluminum, Eye Candy Performance Car Care, Moran Racing Engines, Magna Fuel, Big Stuff NLR Power and Control, Precision Turbo & Engine, Serious Autosport, and Snow Performance."

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think they should bring it to the Texas Mile and do it there. Still 2 days left.

Are they allowed back at the mile?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

i think they should take it to the Mojave Magnum 1.5 mile race and go 350 mph :usa they have the gearing to do it....

Congratulations to Johnny Rocket and his team for killing my desire once again to get a TT Gallardo :cheers you have just saved me alot of $$$$$$

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I thought the GT would flip over if one added an inch to the rear diffuser and upset the factory balance :biggrin

The rear wicker on the bumper cover is what is very touchy! The car has 300lbs of down force at 130mph. Adjusting the wicker even a mm makes a huge difference! By lowering the front of the car the splitter is not needed. Obviously it's not as johnny has never had one on his car!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I am not so sure I agree with that thinking on aero. Removing the front splitter allows for more air flow under the car thus upsetting the car at high speeds. Everyone has their own ideas but I don't recommend removing front splitter.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Not only does it prevent air from traveling under the car (thereby reducing potential lift) it also has ver specifically designed corner elements that create a good bit of downforce on the front wheels. Ford GT aero team borrowed heavily from GT1 series cars... Just go check out those babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.