Ford GT Forum 200 mph Club & Standing Mile Results

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Ramsey said he heard Mullet behind him say "Oh look, victory flips."
I might have said that. Now I didn't actually see the flips as I was in the staging area.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I am officially a member of the 200+ club. 202.5 at the Top Gun Run in Miami on 3/14/10. :banana::biggrin

Correction - 202.66
They had a printer issue so we did not get slips but I see the reults have been posted.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush,

You are right about the conditions, I didn't expect to run 200+ but I was very happy to get it.

The right place at the right time, that doesn't happen to me very often.

Ted
I think youre car would run 200 even without optimum conditions, due to the gearing, as lont as its not 110 deg:willy

you guys coming down for the next mile in march?, you know now they have side by side roll races going on from 1/4 mile mark to the 3/4 mile mark, its pretty cool they follow you with a truck that has a camera mounted on it and a motorcycle follow just behind(as a judge) to make sure no one jumps the gun:biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I ran 206.6 yesterday on the Miami runway. (1 mile, not 1.25)

:confused---FGT or Airplane?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nice run Freddy, considering no dryers!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
A big congrats to you and your father! I know how your Dad feels because I came in just short as well with a 198.7.... However, like you said, what a great time!!!!! Hey, the 2nd GT Speedday is next April!

GTED

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Hey skyrex, congrats on the 241mph run. That's a hell of an accomplishment! Congrats to Mitty, Steve and Barry as well. Great work!

I'd like to participate in the April 7th event but my wife is due with our #2 family addition 3 days before so that date is probably out :wink

Do you have plans to host a September 2018 event? Thanks!
I would agree, that is a great reason to miss the April event. :biggrin Congrats on the arrival of your second child. :thumbsup

We usually do two events a year so there should be a September event as well. That date is not determined yet. If you could send me a PM with your email address I will add you to our mailing/event notification list. Thanks for the interest in the event. :cheers

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Thanks Dave. Haven't been on in a while. I'll pm it to you now.

Looking forward to the T-shirt production as well.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
My guess is that it wasn't you then :)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I didn't think the runway was open until Sunday? Congrats though.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Happy New Year to all! Just throwing out a reminder that registration closes for the new Victorville event at the end of January so if the new year has you thinking about what it would be like to drive 200 now is the time to join the fun. We have a nice mix of NGT's, my type of GT and exotics so it will be a fun time all ways around. Feel free to send me a PM or email me at skyrex@hotmail.com. Hope to see you there!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It's always been a fun run. I was able to do multiple 222 mph runs in my '05 GT on 91 pump fuel & street tune. Only change was more air in tires & tape wheel weights. I won't be able to take the NGT because of a schedule conflict but I highly recommend it. All the runs you want & Mr & Mrs Skyrex run a good event.

Ed

Reactions: GTMD and Vince H

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
It's always been a fun run. I was able to do multiple 222 mph runs in my '05 GT on 91 pump fuel & street tune. Only change was more air in tires & tape wheel weights. I won't be able to take the NGT because of a schedule conflict but I highly recommend it. All the runs you want & Mr & Mrs Skyrex run a good event.

Ed
Thanks for the kind words Ed and Big Congrats on your NGT!! Sandman showed me a ton of pics of your car. Absolutely stunning!! Hopefully we can catch you next time.

Reactions: Ed Sims