Ford GT Forum 200 mph Club & Standing Mile Results

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
Just for giggles, what are the ages of the "older crowd" of the 200mph club?

I'm trying to get signed up now for the Texas Mile this March, my first attempt, and I'm 61.

Dolph
Whipple and 3.90 gears

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
How do I get on this 200MPH list? I finally broke the magic 200mph number at the Texas Mile in October http://www.texasmile.net/mileresults.php?page=2&ps=1&event=9 I have been trying to hit it for some time now. Best run was 203.0 and I did it with the factory supercharger.
welcome to the club :cheers that is very impressive on the stock supercharger!!! how much rwhp did your GT dyno?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Don't post much as it has been a crazy year personally and with our business but we did a little more driving this past weekend. :wink The weather was really cool, which was good and bad. Good for power but bad in that the car hit overboost in the setting that we normally run at on hotter days so we had to dial things back a bit. Despite that Summer and I both set new personal bests. She did 231.5MPH and I did 236.0MPH!! Man I love that car. We did 18 runs all in the 230's so a very fun day of speed. I know that 240 is still lurking out there....just need the right conditions. Couple that with my car being in the September issue of Hot Rod Magazine with a small cover photo, multiple pics in the magazine of the car and a full page article....well lets just say it was a great car year!! Can't wait for next year to do it again. Time to shuffle our names up that list!! :cheers

Attachments

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Well we keep running events and Ford GT's will keep making 200MPH runs non-stop!!

Big Congrats to new 200MPH Club Member Steve Connor!! In addition Big Congrats to Mitty with his gorgeous new TTGT which allowed him to post a new personal best of 222.9!!

And of course we can't forget Barry breaking the New Ford GT into this club at 203.2!! So does Barry get his own list? :biggrin

We had a great time as always and look forward to seeing old friends and new at our next event April 7th, 2018. :cheers

Attachments

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
To see what the new GT will do in the Mile!

Ed
I will let you know very soon!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I'm about to make a t-shirt for you guys with this image:

im confused, none of those cats have a mullet, photoshop please :)

btw Im pretty sure that im the one in flight seeing that he is TWO inches higher!:rofl

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
and the other one needs a little hair taken off the top. :biggrin

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
No meth no spray, but yes race gas. I used the new Shell URT 110 unleaded.
where can i buy this fuel?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
geez soon you will each have firearms involved.... Oh wait that is reserved for another "team"...... HA!! :)
If it comes to firearms I got Soroush covered by a mile on that one.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have been using / advocating it for a year.

http://hyperfuels.com/race-fuels/urt-advanced/

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Chip Sandman's brother drove one of Sandman's cars to a 211.X during the Mojave event. It was a GenII Whipple car. He edged out Sandman by 1 MPH.
I am pretty sure there are at least a couple of more Forum members who made the list but have yet to post. (Does sandman's brother have a Forum name) Once I have the final results (hopefully today) I will scan for any Forum members not on the list and post their names and best run times exactly that way the list can be updated. I also think there were at least 6 or 7 non-Forum members who got in 200mph runs. Lots of speed floating around on that day.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Let's be exact here. You were faster on the Rally GT day by 2 mph which was Thursday I then ran 226.2 on Saturday. You decided to not run Fri/Sat/Sun. That means I was faster than you at that event.

The last one you beat me by 2 mph.

So in reality you were faster than me by 2 mph at one event.
I didn't think soroush was allowed to run the next 2 days because he did that in shorts and flip flops!

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'd be stunned if the Texas Mile doesn't continue. They'll find another venue. And if people can die routinely during drag racing and nobody is closing down T&T's across the country, one Lambo frisbee in which the driver lived shouldn't stop it.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
http://hyperfuels.com/find-a-dealer/

No dealers in NorCal, but Mojave has one.

In AZ only one

Arizona

AAA Racing & Performance
1168 W. Tennie Dr.
Green Valley, Az 85614
(520) 481-1408

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Summer......

I absolutely love the part where you said the first run you did 143 then the next one BAM!!!! 198

I knew you were hooked at that point.
Terry and Monica stopped by to watch vids and have lunch yesterday. Summer is very hooked. There are two turn offs on standing mile events when braking. To make the first one you have to do a "Texas Mile Stop". Well Summer got confused on the flags and has done something I have not. Performed a Texas Mile stop from 204.6, which has only encouraged her more. "Are you sure we can't make the Texas event??" was a question I got a couple of days ago. :lol

To top it off she joked that she wanted her own GT after the event so we would not have to share. I asked her strictly out of curiousity what color?? "I really like the Heritage ones now that I have seen them in person. Kelvin's is really great." :eek Typical woman, unknowingly picking the most expensive color out there. Thanks for that AlohaGT. :lol

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Oooooh :lol

and the other one needs a little hair taken off the top. :biggrin
Double ooooh :lol :lol

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just for giggles, what are the ages of the "older crowd" of the 200mph club?

I'm trying to get signed up now for the Texas Mile this March, my first attempt, and I'm 61.

Dolph
Whipple and 3.90 gears

My dad did the Mojave mile event at age 69 in my twin turbo GT. 200mph:thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Congrat, fastest run with a stock blower!

Most boost too at 23 PSI. I read that on your other thread.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
When does Monica earn her own moniker here on the forum - she's earned it in my book!! :thumbsup

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Got mine as well, thanks guys. Looks great.