Watch Your Inbox

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
7bf729c884f685ea7f6ba92df382704e.png
My heart dropped when I got an email this morning... Unfortunately it was a rejection letter. Saddest day of my life indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Super Excited & Thankful to Ford for the Honor of Being Selected to Receive a New GT!

I am a new Forum member and am very excited to join the group on the same day that I was lucky enough to be selected to receive a new Ford GT!

It was incredible to be at Le Mans this year in the paddock/pit and witness the triumphant repeat of the Legacy at Le Mans! And being selected to get a GT builds on my Le Mans Bucket List experience and takes it to a whole other level.

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone at Ford from the Executive Team to the Individual Team members that have brought us all so much joy.

To my friends and fellow Forum members that were not selected, I am sorry and understand and feel your disappointment. I promise if you are ever in Austin I promise to give you a ride. And to my neighbor and friend Cavan - you get to be the second person to drive it :>)

I cannot wait to go to the LoneStar Le Mans and attend the GT Forum Rally and meet more of the Ford GT Team!!! My GT350R and I will see Y'all in Austin in 7 weeks!!!

Thanks Again! Frank Horton

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
7bf729c884f685ea7f6ba92df382704e.png
My heart dropped when I got an email this morning... Unfortunately it was an rejection letter. Saddest day of my life indeed.

Wow, you must have had a hell of a charmed life so far!

But seriously, I feel your pain- bummer for sure...

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
There were notifications for accepted, priority waitlist and deferred.

If you've got a notification for priority waitlist, I would be feeling very good about your odds to end up with a new Ford GT.
Deferred, that's a great choice of words Dave. I've been deferred and it's ok, I will wait. I'll still have a wicked tungsten in my garage with a space next to it for the next one. Disappointed but I know there's more deserving people who also were deferred. And I'm very happy for all those great Forum members who just had their dreams come true, you all are amazing and very deserving to go first! Thanks Ford and Dave for a great process, it's been fun to follow and hopefully, someday, I get another email.

YellGT

GT Owner
May 12, 2016
NJ
2a5714452bb228fe7cf116abda7daf66.png

Well I guess it's onto the next car...unless one of you doesn't want the GT lol. Definitely wanted the new GT and was super excited when they said they were building it but I guess you can't have everything in life. Definitely a sad day here. Wish they sent the email before I go to bed instead so my whole day isn't ruined lol.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
True story:
This past 04 of July I went to bed after a couple of glasses of wine. I dreamt having the new GT park out in the carport when 2 dogs started barking at it and in my dream I woke up, uncovered the car (as it had the car cover in place) and tried to open the car to see if there was a mouse or something inside the car. I went (still dreaming) inside the house to get the keys to open the hood and engine bay but when I came back, the car was gone ! I instantly woke up and laugh to myself.
Now I understand it...

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I know the feeling. FYI in 2008 when the s--t hit the fan and GM and Chrysler took bailout money I offered about 150 employees a $1000 rebate out of my pocket if they purchased a new Ford product in the next 90 days. I owned at that time 3 Harley dealership and 3 non Harley MC dealerships. A number took me up on the offer. St Louis Business Journal picked it up and wrote a story. Then i received a personal note from Bill Ford thanking me for my commitment to Ford. Of course I included all of this with my application. See attachment. I'm disapointed of course and can't quite understand how any private citizen could show more loyalty.

You should have got one !

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I am a new Forum member and am very excited to join the group on the same day that I was lucky enough to be selected to receive a new Ford GT!

It was incredible to be at Le Mans this year in the paddock/pit and witness the triumphant repeat of the Legacy at Le Mans! And being selected to get a GT builds on my Le Mans Bucket List experience and takes it to a whole other level.

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone at Ford from the Executive Team to the Individual Team members that have brought us all so much joy.

To my friends and fellow Forum members that were not selected, I am sorry and understand and feel your disappointment. I promise if you are ever in Austin I promise to give you a ride. And to my neighbor and friend Cavan - you get to be the second person to drive it :>)

I cannot wait to go to the LoneStar Le Mans and attend the GT Forum Rally and meet more of the Ford GT Team!!! My GT350R and I will see Y'all in Austin in 7 weeks!!!

Thanks Again! Frank Horton

Frank... do you own a Ford GT or a GT350R

xraygt

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
I am just curious---has anyone who attended Le Mans been denied a car? Congrats to all the lucky picks!!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Again, I am very happy for those of you chosen to get a new GT! And I consider myself extremely fortunate to have the life I have, and my cars are but a miniscule part of those blessings. TRULY.

Still, I can't help but wonder... did I shoot myself in the foot by not submitting a video with my application? Honestly, most of the ones I watched were a tad nauseating, so I elected to just let my words speak for themselves, in written form on the application; no video. Can you lucky folks confirm whether or not you each submitted a video with your app? We were told it was optional, but I wonder if applications without videos were taken less seriously. Thanks for your input, and again- congratulations!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I am just curious---has anyone who attended Le Mans been denied a car? Congrats to all the lucky picks!!

Good question....I think they deserved one for the loyalty as I think they all were multiple rally attendees, but I would be interested to know.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Must be a mistake. Ya think?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Was at the opera last night. Came out when it finished and my text messages overflowed from people saying "did you get one?" Checked my e-mail, and.........��������������������

Just got back from the notary, so I'm good to go!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
2006 Ford GT, 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 2012 Ford F150 EcoBoost, 2013 Ford Focus ST EcoBoost, 2016 Ford Focus RS EcoBoost, all purchased new (none leased) from Ford dealerships and more than 120 unique Ford GT's maintained/modified/enhanced but I guess I'm not worthy. No worries.

Congrats to all of you who are in. I look forward to seeing the process of selecting colors and options to see what you all come up with!!!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

I attended Le Mans and got denied.

Congrats to all who got selected!! Will be one hell of a ride!!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I owned at that time 3 Harley dealership and 3 non Harley MC dealerships.

Do you still own the HD dealerships? If so, perhaps you and I can commiserate at the dealer show in August. I'm pretty sure I'll still be sad then.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Do you still own the HD dealerships? If so, perhaps you and I can commiserate at the dealer show in August. I'm pretty sure I'll still be sad then.

Children own them now. Surdyke Harley-Davidson Festus MO. Gateway HD St Louis and Watertkotte HD Mt Vernon IL

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
sigh..., rejected!!! Not on waitlist either.

Congrats to those who have been selected.

GTED

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Good question....I think they deserved one for the loyalty as I think they all were multiple rally attendees, but I would be interested to know.

I attended and was denied. Congrats to all of those that were selected. Le Mans was fantastic and a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. It was a great race, with great people, a great product and the perfect outcome. None of that changes because I didn't get a car. I plan to take my '05 for a ride tonight to put this into perspective. If this is the worst news I receive this year then I am a fortunate person. Looking forward to Austin.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I plan to take my '05 for a ride tonight to put this into perspective. If this is the worst news I receive this year then I am a fortunate person. Looking forward to Austin.

See you in Austin!