Watch Your Inbox

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
True story:
This past 04 of July I went to bed after a couple of glasses of wine. I dreamt having the new GT park out in the carport when 2 dogs started barking at it and in my dream I woke up, uncovered the car (as it had the car cover in place) and tried to open the car to see if there was a mouse or something inside the car. I went (still dreaming) inside the house to get the keys to open the hood and engine bay but when I came back, the car was gone ! I instantly woke up and laugh to myself.
Now I understand it...

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The Notarized form signed is what Ford holds your A.. to the fire and called A LEGAL Document!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
West Texas
disappointed he didn't post it on the FordGTForum
^^^^^ What Jerry said!! LOL!!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
That is a very safe assumption.
I knew the answer before I asked the question. I just wanted to put it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aashelby

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2016
Dallas
Just out of curiosity how is attrition handled? was there any in the first allocation?>

Thanks,
I concur with Dave's thoughts. I don't remember the exact number, but there was quite a bit of attrition in the first round. 3 years is a long time for sure.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I haven't gotten any response yet. Why would that be????

Did they lose my applicatoin??

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I haven't gotten any response yet. Why would that be????

Did they lose my applicatoin??
Confirm you've got the letter from GTAPPSUP@ford.com. If you have that letter, then search your mail folders from something from customer@fordgtconcierge.com.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
In Louisiana a seal is not required, just the notary’s signature and lic. number. I scanned and emailed in and had a response in a few hours. I asked if they wanted the originals emailed, but didn’t get a response back on that requirement.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I know the feeling. FYI in 2008 when the s--t hit the fan and GM and Chrysler took bailout money I offered about 150 employees a $1000 rebate out of my pocket if they purchased a new Ford product in the next 90 days. I owned at that time 3 Harley dealership and 3 non Harley MC dealerships. A number took me up on the offer. St Louis Business Journal picked it up and wrote a story. Then i received a personal note from Bill Ford thanking me for my commitment to Ford. Of course I included all of this with my application. See attachment. I'm disapointed of course and can't quite understand how any private citizen could show more loyalty.
You should have got one !

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm in also and very appreciative. Thanks to all who gave encouragement along the way and the decision makers/influencers. The fourth trip to LeMans will have additional meaning this year.

Reactions: JWZ and Vince H

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
I am a new Forum member and am very excited to join the group on the same day that I was lucky enough to be selected to receive a new Ford GT!

It was incredible to be at Le Mans this year in the paddock/pit and witness the triumphant repeat of the Legacy at Le Mans! And being selected to get a GT builds on my Le Mans Bucket List experience and takes it to a whole other level.

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone at Ford from the Executive Team to the Individual Team members that have brought us all so much joy.

To my friends and fellow Forum members that were not selected, I am sorry and understand and feel your disappointment. I promise if you are ever in Austin I promise to give you a ride. And to my neighbor and friend Cavan - you get to be the second person to drive it :>)

I cannot wait to go to the LoneStar Le Mans and attend the GT Forum Rally and meet more of the Ford GT Team!!! My GT350R and I will see Y'all in Austin in 7 weeks!!!

Thanks Again! Frank Horton
Frank... do you own a Ford GT or a GT350R

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I just watched his "Jay Leno's Garage" episode featuring his GT350R with Jamal Hameedi as his special guest. I figured he probably didn't have to apply. Pretty much a given. If I see him at the Quail I'll ask him just for grins.

Last edited:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Rejected and dejected....

xraygt

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
I am just curious---has anyone who attended Le Mans been denied a car? Congrats to all the lucky picks!!

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just watched his "Jay Leno's Garage" episode featuring his GT350R and Jamal Hameedi as his special guest. I figured he probably didn't have to apply. Pretty much a given. If I see him at the Quail I'll ask him just for grins.

I figured you were asking because he doesn't necessarily buy all the new toys on the market.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Again, I am very happy for those of you chosen to get a new GT! And I consider myself extremely fortunate to have the life I have, and my cars are but a miniscule part of those blessings. TRULY.

Still, I can't help but wonder... did I shoot myself in the foot by not submitting a video with my application? Honestly, most of the ones I watched were a tad nauseating, so I elected to just let my words speak for themselves, in written form on the application; no video. Can you lucky folks confirm whether or not you each submitted a video with your app? We were told it was optional, but I wonder if applications without videos were taken less seriously. Thanks for your input, and again- congratulations!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
Guessing Raj is getting one...

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I assume that there is not a "wait list"?

Joe

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I am just curious---has anyone who attended Le Mans been denied a car? Congrats to all the lucky picks!!
Good question....I think they deserved one for the loyalty as I think they all were multiple rally attendees, but I would be interested to know.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Must be a mistake. Ya think?