Belleville, IL
Kid

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I got an email from Gary Ford, but he didn't tell me I got one.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Kool

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Watch your inbox part 2 - 2019

In preparation for the imminent allocation notifications, I would just say everything from round 1 applies again. It's a virtually impossible process for a company like Ford that has a vast number of varied and loyal constituent groups. It's obvious just surfing the internet; Ford has way more dedicated and awesome customers than they have cars. Some of the stuff I ran across on YouTube was really impressive and it must be very humbling to witness that level of support from your customers.

A couple things: I would note that people may be overestimating the number U.S market cars available. A really large number of these cars have already been produced for markets outside the U.S, and that will continue for the remaining units. This is just a guesstimate on my part, but I'm estimating total U.S market cars may end up between 800-900 units.

Finally, this car is gonna be in production until 2022. That's a long time, and a lot can happen in 3 years.

Good luck to everyone.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
Twin Cities
Congrats Tim! Well deserved.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Frank has it right, it stands for Kid.

Chip

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
maybe my math is off... but 60 minutes x 24 hours = 1,440 minutes x 7 days = 10,080 minutes. 50,000 / 10,080 = 4.96 per minute??

did I not wake up yet this am?

Raj Nair

Ford GT Team Alumni
Mar 10, 2015
Congratulations!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
maybe you are all right...

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Congratulations!
Post of the night!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
could be Killer

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Hello all from Canada. Congrats to all who have been selected.

I also got my email tonight. I am in!!! Very very thankful and appreciative of Ford.
Thx to all here on the forum as well for all the work that is done and the friendships that have been created.

Christmas in July!!!!! And loving it.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I like to leave it open to interpretation. What does the viewer think it means? How does it make them feel?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: JWZ

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
looks like I mite have to sell some cars, darn near started to cry. Just being chosen means as much to me as actually getting the car, thanks for all you do for us Dave. Bin a Ford guy from birth couldn't be more proud to be one right now.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome WildWest to the best forum on the net! Hope to see you next year at one of our events!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Take my word for it Frank & all. When the first ones come out you will hear about it here. So, i.e. - not yet.

Ed

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
HEART RATE IS UP.

Reactions: JWZ

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Two of my friends here in NM have been chosen. Nothing as of yet for me. I am praying I get picked. Happy for all of you that were picked! I will live through you guys.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Just a quick thought I really wanted to reiterate.

Out of a pool of 6500 applicants, many of them very deserving of an allocation, odds were always long to get a first 500 allocation. Ford has many constituent groups to satisfy. They are not a boutique manufacturer, and therefore they have dealers, suppliers, fleet customers, retail customers, etc that are all large in number. That was clear from the design of the application, and the categories it contained. That said, the allocation process clearly heavily favored Ford GT owners.

Ford is publicly committed to racing the Ford GT for 4 years. If you believe Ford will produce the road going version for the duration of the race program, or if you spend a couple minutes digging around about speculated production volumes, I believe it would be very fruitful to remain both patient and positive. There is no reason to believe the allocation process would be any different in the future, and that GT owners would not be given priority. The entire process from application to concierge to production is reasonably tailored to a specific type of customer, and changing the process for the future wouldn't make any sense. You could also speculate about the reason why Ford went to the trouble of including both "priority waitlist" and "deferred" notifications, rather than just a single category. I view it as unlikely that attrition will be high enough in the first 500 units to necessitate a substantial waitlist.

The application also underscores that Ford is a media savvy company that pays attention to things like social media and the internet. I certainly understand the level of disappointment despite the long odds, but if you're interest is in obtaining the car, I would just say be pragmatic about this round and don't let it deter your pursuit.

Sorry to rehash this, but is the deferred letter different then the "we had too much demand to fill, your application is saved for next time"? Or is that the deferred letter? I assume that is the deferred letter, but there seems to be some confusion by others and I wasnt 100% myself. Thanks Dave, see ya in Austin.

Cavan