Watch Your Inbox

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
My husband and I were selected. We are from Idaho and are thrilled to be included in this once in a lifetime opportunity. "Thank you" to the administrators for approving my membership to this forum, we look forward to reading through all the posts!
Congratulations and welcome. You will not find a better group of owners anywhere. Hope to see you both at one of our events in the future.

Vince H

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I got a "yes". Thank you to Ford and to everybody here for all of the encouragement and support. I am rooting for all of the rest of you!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
When do the Dear John letters go out?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Got a YES! Thanks Ford, and all the Forum members! Now the waiting begins...again!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Late to post, I wanted to share the news with a couple of incredibly special people first - you know who you are!

It's really exciting to have the opportunity to own the street version of the GT that we saw dominate Le Mans just a few weeks ago. Being in France with a great group of GT members, the Ford family and Ford executives; and now owing the car. It's been quite a year!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ford, your GT will be in good hands. ;-))

Reactions: GTMD

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Man, what an incredible journey it's been! The morning of January 12th 2015. I remember reading DBK's play by play posts of the GT reveal and watching the incredible live video of that beautiful blue beast as it roared onto the stage. By 3pm that afternoon, Danielle and I had flights for an emergency trip to Detroit, we just had to see this thing in person. We met up with Scott Ahlman, Dave Bannister, and a few other forum members to witness history in the making.

The next six months simply flew by. In June, we decided to follow DBK and Steve Nesta around France in case Ford had another big announcement at Le Mans. As fate would have it, they did, and it was a big one. Raj Nair, Mark Fields, Bill Ford, and Chip Ganassi announced that Ford would be back with a factory supported effort to enter the GT in the 24H of Le Mans, what an incredible commitment. A year later the IMSA season-opening race at Daytona came and went, then the 12 Hours of Sebring and LBC. After only 3 attempts, Ford snatched their first victory at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. In June, we somehow squeezed another trip to Europe in (this time with our GT), witnessed history once more with a 1st & 3rd place class victory at Le Mans...and now here we are, fewer than 20 months later, with a letter inviting us to continue the journey and offering what will surely be the opportunity of a lifetime.

To all the folks at Ford, a most sincere thank you. Thank you for the opportunity and thank you for building such an incredible machine. It is truly without rival.

Also to DBK, thank you for putting up with all of our shit (some more than others) and for maintaining this incredible forum that we all enjoy so much. Your next Arby's is on me brosef ;-)

Last edited:

Tom's Garage

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2016
california
Just received my Thanks but no Thanks

Dear Zachary,

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm for the Ford GT.

Unfortunately, the demand has surpassed our very limited production, and we will not be able to fulfill your request.

Thank you again for sharing your passion for Ford and the Ford GT.

Regards,

The Ford GT Team
Are they notifying via email or letter?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
....I don't really know how to put this into words..seriously...I received the famous email and this time around it started with the simple yet powerful word 'congratulations'. I literally fainted and hit the floor. I'm still trying to grasp what really happened but I must have a good angel on my side. On my application I asked Ford to please accept my request because my 4 year old daughter says my 05 GT is actually hers and she wants to be driven to kindergarten in it every time. So see....I'm all of a sudden without a car. To the people who didn't receive an acceptance letter...don't dwell on it too much...things will turn around. You are not any less valuable without the new GT. You are still part of the Family and I'm proud about that. Remember that you already have a FORD GT in your garage....the envy of the car world. Be proud.

SPEED DEMON

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2006
Albuquerque NM
I am sooooo excited to get my news that I have been selected for the NEW FORD GT. Cant tell you how excited i am. When I read the news the hair on my arms stood up lol. Thank you so much Ford Motor Company! Thank you DBK for all you do for all FORD GT owners and thank you for having the forum where we all can celebrate together. Looking forward to seeing all GT owners at the next Rally and raising our glasses to one hell of a toast.

Cheers to all who got the letter for NEW GT
Bennie

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I guess I'll scan and email my docs.
On the form there is a question about "delivery location".
I assume this is the designation of a dealership where the car will be picked up.
Are you guys picking a dealer?

MarkH

GT Owner
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Good luck to everyone.... Hoping for as many YES's as possible for Forum owners....

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
"When do the Dear John letters go out?"

My guess would be after all of the congratulations emails have been sent... But who knows...

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I guess I'll scan and email my docs.
On the form there is a question about "delivery location".
I assume this is the designation of a dealership where the car will be picked up.
Are you guys picking a dealer?
I just filled out, scanned and emailed back to Ford.
I didnt list a dealer as I dont know who will be certified in my area.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Got the NO again. Unfortunately even my wife choosing to name our 13 month old son "Ford" last year didn't hold any weight, lol. Regardless, I am a blessed and faithful GT owner and will continue to enjoy my 06 more than ever.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Congratulations!
Thanks Raj!!

Regards,

Sanjay

PS: just got my GT350 Track Pack today too....what a day!

WildWest

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
Congratulations and welcome. You will not find a better group of owners anywhere. Hope to see you both at one of our events in the future.

Vince H
Thank you...we will definitely attend all the events after this fall. This years gathering in Austin is not possible for us as our son plays college football and he is a senior, it's his final season so we cannot miss any games.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Been dreaming for the last few months. No more dreaming. I got The Letter. I'm very sure the Molson good luck charm in the fridge made this happen.

Thank You Ford.

Thank You Fred G. and Edsel for having the guts to build the 2005/2006 GT's.

I've got a chance to be the first 100,000 mile owner of a 2017 Ford GT. That quest will start with Road Trip #1.

And thank you Dave Bannister for creating the Worlds Best Forum.

And a huge Thank You to the all of you on this Forum. Your spirit and enthusiasom for all things GT, and in life, has enhanced my existance immensely.

OMG! A new GT in my garage! WOW!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Just received my good news email form Ford.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"When do the Dear John letters go out?"

My guess would be after all of the congratulations emails have been sent... But who knows...
Ouch!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Calling that letter "deferred" is like putting lipstick on a pig. That said "No, not this time, try again later". The letter sounds like the failed job application: You didn't get the job but we will keep your resume on file and call back if we have an opening in the future. Now that the Maybes have been allocated for year 3, the ford press release says year 4 will be an open application period some time in 2018.
I'm hopeful there will be a new waitlist created. This would make since, especially for current Ford GT owners. Locks a place in line and keeps our money flowing to Ford. Any chance of this?