Watch Your Inbox

WildWest

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
My husband and I were selected. We are from Idaho and are thrilled to be included in this once in a lifetime opportunity. "Thank you" to the administrators for approving my membership to this forum, we look forward to reading through all the posts!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Those on the wait list received a different letter, but those who received the deferred letter are still in the hunt for year four.
Calling that letter "deferred" is like putting lipstick on a pig. That said "No, not this time, try again later". The letter sounds like the failed job application: You didn't get the job but we will keep your resume on file and call back if we have an opening in the future. Now that the Maybes have been allocated for year 3, the ford press release says year 4 will be an open application period some time in 2018.

Last edited:

Johntpr

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Me too. Rejected. So sad.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Congratulations!
A great day!

I'm thinking that this thread is going to be long.

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014
Same here. Very sad indeed.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
I can't find the address to return the Time Sensitive Documents to. Anybody?

Thanks, Frank

Jays1953vette

Nov 8, 2007
I was rejected also. Best of luck to all others who applied! Would be interested to know more about a wait list.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
West Texas
Congratulations all!! And to think that we are all witnessing the actual birth of 'Make America Great Again!' LOL!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry to rehash this, but is the deferred letter different then the "we had too much demand to fill, your application is saved for next time"? Or is that the deferred letter? I assume that is the deferred letter, but there seems to be some confusion by others and I wasnt 100% myself. Thanks Dave, see ya in Austin.

Cavan
My interpretation was that there were three categories:

Yes
Maybe
No

The "we had too much demand"... is a polite way of saying no. The "deferred" portion is that if Ford decides to open up another sign up, our applications will remain in the system to be activated/updated at that time.

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
Same here, congratulations to those selected

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
GT350R, Mustang Ecoboost, Premium, Jaguar E-Type, '62 Corvette, SpecRacer Ford and an F-250

Frank

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Nobody has a yes yet?!?

Chip

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I can't find the address to return the Time Sensitive Documents to. Anybody?

Thanks, Frank
Scan and email them back to the Program HQ email address.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
No AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
I think I read that we may be able to select a custom color on the GT's

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
where do we mail the docs to - don't see an address?

Thanks, FrankTheTank

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
I am also another NO

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
YEAH BABY!:banana:party:banana

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
ah - guess I can do that...

Thanks, Frank

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
While sleeping through an engineering awards banquet tonight, I got the buzz of my phone signaling an email. Looked down, and it was from Ford.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to open it or not. Amy was sitting next to me and was getting mad at me for being on my phone. Still debating to open it or not. I decided to and glad I did. I graciously left the auditorium, walked out in the hallway and gave the ultimate air fist pump of all time (lol). After sitting for a few minutes, made a text, I went back into the boring auditorium with a new pep in the step. Whispered to Amy the good news and she did a double fist pump. Haha.

Thank you, Ford.