Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Congratulations to all of the lucky winners! :thumbsup

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Received my letter at 2:37 am......I am sooooo disappointed

The demand for Ford GT from enthusiasts like you has surpassed our very limited production. Unfortunately, we do not have enough Ford GTs to fulfill your request at this time.

No luck for me either, received email at 3:59AM.

That said, I am soooo very happy for the many members of this group that have given the opportunity to purchase the next icon in the Ford GT story. I look forward to your continuing updates on the process. Congratulations to all who have been awarded this tremendous opportunity! While not "wait listed" I will take some time, probably after an appropriate mourning period, to update the profile in my application. Never say never ...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just a quick thought I really wanted to reiterate.

Out of a pool of 6500 applicants, many of them very deserving of an allocation, odds were always long to get a first 500 allocation. Ford has many constituent groups to satisfy. They are not a boutique manufacturer, and therefore they have dealers, suppliers, fleet customers, retail customers, etc that are all large in number. That was clear from the design of the application, and the categories it contained. That said, the allocation process clearly heavily favored Ford GT owners.

Ford is publicly committed to racing the Ford GT for 4 years. If you believe Ford will produce the road going version for the duration of the race program, or if you spend a couple minutes digging around about speculated production volumes, I believe it would be very fruitful to remain both patient and positive. There is no reason to believe the allocation process would be any different in the future, and that GT owners would not be given priority. The entire process from application to concierge to production is reasonably tailored to a specific type of customer, and changing the process for the future wouldn't make any sense. You could also speculate about the reason why Ford went to the trouble of including both "priority waitlist" and "deferred" notifications, rather than just a single category. I view it as unlikely that attrition will be high enough in the first 500 units to necessitate a substantial waitlist.

The application also underscores that Ford is a media savvy company that pays attention to things like social media and the internet. I certainly understand the level of disappointment despite the long odds, but if you're interest is in obtaining the car, I would just say be pragmatic about this round and don't let it deter your pursuit.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Terrible problem to have.... Cant buy a 500k Car. Lol. Really bummed, but hopefully catch it the next time around. Again, congrats to all and see you in Austin.

Manny

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Was at the opera last night. Came out when it finished and my text messages overflowed from people saying "did you get one?" Checked my e-mail, and.........��������������������

Just got back from the notary, so I'm good to go!

I was waiting to see if you posted, almost sent a text myself.

Congratulations! Hopefully Roz will give up her seat long enough for me to get a ride.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Accepting that current owners got bonus points, were there any second+ owners or were they all first/original owners? Just curious how the bonus points were applied.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
There are a great many people in this world that would give anything to have one of our bad days...

jnirenstein

GT Owner
May 3, 2014
Norcal
In My case it truly was dear John Letter!! Very sad and disappointed indeed... No mention of waitlist or deferral. DBK, I would assume that some of the "accepted" applicants may not actually follow thru with a purchase do to financial reasons or otherwise. Will there be another announcement or vetting in 10 days after the paperwork is supposed to have been returned? Working the waitlist etc...?
img_header1.jpg
Dear John,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Ford GT!

We are thrilled that you share our passion for performance and the all-new Ford GT.

The demand for Ford GT from enthusiasts like you has surpassed our very limited production. Unfortunately, we do not have enough Ford GTs to fulfill your request at this time.

We have confirmed our Ford GT production plans for only two years. However, if additional production is confirmed, your application information will remain in your profile for easy updating.

Meanwhile, we encourage you to stay connected to the latest announcements, news and information through our website: www.fordgt.com.

Thank you, again, for your passion for our all-new supercar.

Regards,

The Ford GT Team

img_footer1.jpg

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
wish I had a yes really wanted this car so bad

I did talk to my GM this am all 5 that picked his dealer got a no one guy has 3 GT bought 5 shelbys and 3 raptors so I never had a chance

I also know another person has 6 yes 6 GTs also got a no so no clue what gets you a yes then

only hope is there was no financial questions and don't think many can afford $500K in usa and euro will be $750K so feeling when its time to put down deposit or however it will work some will drop out that can afford car

big difference between the old gt $150K and $500K my new telsa X is $153K so many can afford that price range but one hopefully push many approved buyers out of reach. guess that is my only hope at this point in getting a GT

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Through the entire process we all knew odds were long but everyone had a great time speculating and dreaming. Now we know who made this first allocation it is important to not let the results divide the forum. Although I was not selected in this round I know many who were and happy for them. We are still own a world class car and members of the best forum ever.

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats to our Houston area friends who got an allocation. Bravo!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Unless I missed it going thru 22 pages of posts, can someone post a copy of the wait listed letter?

thx

Ed

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Any idea how many were on the wait list as I, unfortunately was just plain ole deferred!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
Dear Mitchell,

Your passion for performance and for the Ford GT qualifies you to be among a small number of drivers selected for the Ford GT priority wait list.

Although you have not been selected at this time to have an opportunity to purchase a Ford GT, you may be among a select number of applicants who will have this opportunity if additional vehicles become available.

To secure your place in this priority wait list, we ask that you please complete and return the attached time-sensitive documents within the next 10 business days.

Should additional production become available, you may be invited for the opportunity to purchase a Ford GT.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
I received the "yes" letter. Feel so fortunate to continue enjoying our GTs at Rallys,track events, shows, Concourses,etc. A really big "thank you" to the entire Ford Team for their difficult task of sorting through a lot of really great guys to come up with the 500 total. Still between shock and celebration! See you in Austin! ( or Pebble Beach).

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feelings of excitement, joy, thankfulness, humility, honor, and many other emotions running through my brain.
Been thinking about this news for hours now; and just don’t know what to say or how to say it.
Words will not come to me to express how I feel; guess I’m still trying to process the information.
What a memorable day, it will be added to the many others experienced over the years.

Congratulations to all who received a positive letter and for others, do keep a positive attitude, it’s not over tell it’s over. All who have participated in this process have experienced something that is very special and of historical significance.

Thank You to Ford; and Thank You to ALL involved in the selection process for allowing Sherry and I the opportunity to become custodians of one of these spectacular new Ford GT’s.
Another chapter begins in this mysterious adventure called life.

“What a long, strange trip it’s been.”
- Jerry Garcia

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
There are a great many people in this world that would give anything to have one of our bad days...

Amen to that brother.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Well said Gary. We're lucky to already have such an amazing car, an outstanding support group, and Dave leading the charge for us.

Through the entire process we all knew odds were long but everyone had a great time speculating and dreaming. Now we know who made this first allocation it is important to not let the results divide the forum. Although I was not selected in this round I know many who were and happy for them. We are still own a world class car and members of the best forum ever.

aashelby

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2016
Dallas
The Shelby family is excited to get a car! Very glad to get the email last night. Thank you to the management at Ford! We are very excited!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Last night at 7:08 I receives my notification that I had been chosen from so many applicants that I would be able to purchase the New Ford GT.

This came as a tremendous surprise since in 05-06 as a Ford dealer I was considered too small to get an allocation. I went to every Ford dealer meetings sitting on the edge,of my chair when at the end of those meetings Ford would draw from a giant bowl 2-3 chances for all dealers present to get an allocation for the GT. Most of the time the dealers drawn were larger dealers who already had an allocation and I quickly saw my chances "Very Slim".

I thought about calling Carroll Shelby to se if he could help me obtain one, but that just wasn't me and I didn't. Afterwards he jumped all over me for not calling and said "Your just like your old man" and I guess I was.

A very close friend of mine who owns Arrow Ford in Abilene, Texas called me and ask if I wanted to purchase a 2006 from him as he had difficulty selling his 05. I did and was very Blessed to be able to own one. He was the first call I made this morning to thank him again for starting this whole fantasy life I live with my Ford GT and this Forum. I am somewhat sad that many of my friends didn't get the same email I got yesterday but hopefully Ford will see fit to build additional GT's in the near future for all present GT owners. The process was as fair for a very limited number of GT's as could be expected.

I am Blessed, excited and very humbled to have been chosen. Thank You Ford Motor Co., Ford Family, Raj, Dave Bannister and the Fantastic Ford GT Forum for turning all of us into Ford Ambassadors of Fords future. I know nothing else but Ford as I was raised by a great dealer and Father Gene Hamon and am very fortunate. Fords success has and will always be on my mind the rest of my life. Enough said for now, just watch for my grin. Tomy Hamon