Watch Your Inbox

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Again, I am very happy for those of you chosen to get a new GT! And I consider myself extremely fortunate to have the life I have, and my cars are but a miniscule part of those blessings. TRULY.

Still, I can't help but wonder... did I shoot myself in the foot by not submitting a video with my application? Honestly, most of the ones I watched were a tad nauseating, so I elected to just let my words speak for themselves, in written form on the application; no video. Can you lucky folks confirm whether or not you each submitted a video with your app? We were told it was optional, but I wonder if applications without videos were taken less seriously. Thanks for your input, and again- congratulations!

No video here....same logic that you had.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I used videos of me in my GT going 222mph at Mojave Mile. I let my GT do my talking!

Ed

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
My consolation prize

Just salved my wounded ego.

Attachments

• IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_2442.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 695

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Just salved my wounded ego.

Gary, Just PM'd you.

Kenneth

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Shoot, now you tell me!!! The video I attached with my application was the 214mph run at Mojave. I wonder what would have been if I found and attached the vid for my 215.7mph run...

Congrats, Special Ed. Wait, you sure your letter isn't addressed to me? Too many Eds here...

I used videos of me in my GT going 222mph at Mojave Mile. I let my GT do my talking!

Ed

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Congratulations to all that have and will be chosen,well done!!!!
It is exciting seeing so many well-deserved forum members being picked. I can't wait to see, and hear, one of these wicked beasts in person.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Congratulations to all those who have been allocated one of these fine beauties!!!
I truly can't think of better ambassadors nor imagine how difficult its been for Ford to have to decide on who gets what and truly appreciate the opportunity for a shot.
What a great car, what a great car company, what a great forum, and what a great bunch of people!
Life is good!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Just a quick thought I really wanted to reiterate.

Out of a pool of 6500 applicants, many of them very deserving of an allocation, odds were always long to get a first 500 allocation. Ford has many constituent groups to satisfy. They are not a boutique manufacturer, and therefore they have dealers, suppliers, fleet customers, retail customers, etc that are all large in number. That was clear from the design of the application, and the categories it contained. That said, the allocation process clearly heavily favored Ford GT owners.

Ford is publicly committed to racing the Ford GT for 4 years. If you believe Ford will produce the road going version for the duration of the race program, or if you spend a couple minutes digging around about speculated production volumes, I believe it would be very fruitful to remain both patient and positive. There is no reason to believe the allocation process would be any different in the future, and that GT owners would not be given priority. The entire process from application to concierge to production is reasonably tailored to a specific type of customer, and changing the process for the future wouldn't make any sense. You could also speculate about the reason why Ford went to the trouble of including both "priority waitlist" and "deferred" notifications, rather than just a single category. I view it as unlikely that attrition will be high enough in the first 500 units to necessitate a substantial waitlist.

The application also underscores that Ford is a media savvy company that pays attention to things like social media and the internet. I certainly understand the level of disappointment despite the long odds, but if you're interest is in obtaining the car, I would just say be pragmatic about this round and don't let it deter your pursuit.

Sorry to rehash this, but is the deferred letter different then the "we had too much demand to fill, your application is saved for next time"? Or is that the deferred letter? I assume that is the deferred letter, but there seems to be some confusion by others and I wasnt 100% myself. Thanks Dave, see ya in Austin.

Cavan

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I am a new Forum member and am very excited to join the group on the same day that I was lucky enough to be selected to receive a new Ford GT!

It was incredible to be at Le Mans this year in the paddock/pit and witness the triumphant repeat of the Legacy at Le Mans! And being selected to get a GT builds on my Le Mans Bucket List experience and takes it to a whole other level.

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone at Ford from the Executive Team to the Individual Team members that have brought us all so much joy.

To my friends and fellow Forum members that were not selected, I am sorry and understand and feel your disappointment. I promise if you are ever in Austin I promise to give you a ride. And to my neighbor and friend Cavan - you get to be the second person to drive it :>)

I cannot wait to go to the LoneStar Le Mans and attend the GT Forum Rally and meet more of the Ford GT Team!!! My GT350R and I will see Y'all in Austin in 7 weeks!!!

Thanks Again! Frank Horton

Too kind Frank, very happy for you. Your video was truly inspiring, and like I told ya, I'd give you one. Enjoy! I wont forget this offer either, lol!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry to rehash this, but is the deferred letter different then the "we had too much demand to fill, your application is saved for next time"? Or is that the deferred letter? I assume that is the deferred letter, but there seems to be some confusion by others and I wasnt 100% myself. Thanks Dave, see ya in Austin.

Cavan

No problem.

Waitlist:

htncvwaxnaqqbu4xiuxk.jpg

Deferred:

oi8cqe9ye74up0dmzenj.jpg

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I didnt apply because I knew that I wouldnt be able to pull it off even if selected. Business hasnt fully recovered from our great recession yet.

But I gotta tell ya, I am so damn happy for everyone who got accepted! I'm excited that it includes so many are Forum members. I appreciate that Ford chose to do it this way and put these beautiful machines in the hands of the right people! I may be on the sideline right now but I am with you all in spirit and enthusiasm. Just thrilled that the cars are here and that you guys are the ones getting them!!!!!! Anmd, Still way happy that I have my 2006 Heritage!!!!!

Congratulations!!! Im fist pumping in the air too!!!

Nathan

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats to all. Well deserved my friends.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
No video here....same logic that you had.

OK, thanks- good to know. Others messaged me to tell me the same. At least I don't have to kick myself for foolishly omitting something. Congratulations, Sanjay. It will be fun to see how you guys configure your new GTs!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
In my mind, this is how it was supposed to happen for me...

http://knowyourmeme.com/videos/82731-tear-jerker

Against the odds...

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Feelings of excitement, joy, thankfulness, humility, honor, and many other emotions running through my brain.
Been thinking about this news for hours now; and just don’t know what to say or how to say it.
Words will not come to me to express how I feel; guess I’m still trying to process the information.
What a memorable day, it will be added to the many others experienced over the years.

Congratulations to all who received a positive letter and for others, do keep a positive attitude, it’s not over tell it’s over. All who have participated in this process have experienced something that is very special and of historical significance.

Thank You to Ford; and Thank You to ALL involved in the selection process for allowing Sherry and I the opportunity to become custodians of one of these spectacular new Ford GT’s.
Another chapter begins in this mysterious adventure called life.

“What a long, strange trip it’s been.”
- Jerry Garcia

Fred,

You have most eloquently expressed my exact feelings.

I came home late from work yesterday and didn't check my phone or emails till after 9 pm. My phone had a few texts from FGT buddies (you know who you are!) and then I checked in on the forum and saw the start of this thread. I subsequently checked my email and saw that I had been offered an allocation. I was quite shocked at first...sitting there staring at my iPad. Once it registered with me and I convinced Mary that it was for real, I definitely felt thankful, lucky, blessed, and mostly humbled. I wanted to celebrate somehow but being a work night, I had a small shot of tequila, and just sat there watching the posts roll in on this thread. It was certainly much more fun than watching results coming in on election night. The rest of the night was tossing and turning...the worst case of "configurator insomnia" ever seen. Definitely a first world problem, worrying about what cars to sell, in order to create garage and "salary cap" space.

Today was a full day of surgery and it has been a blur walking around on cloud 9. I'm exhausted but can now finally sit down and think about all this.

I refrained from posting initially as I was concerned that some of my friends, wonderful people I have come to know through this Forum, might not get the call. As DBK has explained, and Spirit has echoed, "keep throwing your hat in the ring". The selection process was unique for sure. Ford wanted to put these cars in the hands of enthusiasts.

I have enjoyed almost 11 years of ownership of my '05. The greatest pleasure has been sharing my joy of ownership with others. I plan to drive the heck out of the new FGT like I've done with my '05. The offer is open for any friend on the Forum to come drive it once it arrives in Fort Worth.

Thank you DBK for running a class act (our Forum) and for arranging top notch gatherings (Le Mans was off the hook!). Ownership has led to many lifelong friendships.
Raj, Thanks for gracing us with your well wishes in this thread. Thank you Ford for letting me be a caretaker of a magnificent machine!

Now its off to dinner with the Mrs. to celebrate....do I go Liquid Blue with orange stripes....or the Black #2?

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
I can't find the address to return the Time Sensitive Documents to. Anybody?

Thanks, Frank

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Cavan

My interpretation was that there were three categories:

Yes
Maybe
No

The "we had too much demand"... is a polite way of saying no. The "deferred" portion is that if Ford decides to open up another sign up, our applications will remain in the system to be activated/updated at that time.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
GT350R, Mustang Ecoboost, Premium, Jaguar E-Type, '62 Corvette, SpecRacer Ford and an F-250

Frank

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I can't find the address to return the Time Sensitive Documents to. Anybody?

Thanks, Frank

Scan and email them back to the Program HQ email address.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
where do we mail the docs to - don't see an address?

Thanks, FrankTheTank