Traction Control

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
In lieu of recent events and my own personal experience in the GT, I started looking at traction control devices. I would love to hear some experienced input on the subject.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control-Products_and_Pricing-Traction_Control

Traction Control
Launch Control
Full Throttle Shift Assist
and Data Logging

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
In lieu of recent events and my own personal experience in the GT, I started looking at traction control devices. I would love to hear some experienced input on the subject.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control-Products_and_Pricing-Traction_Control

Traction Control
Launch Control
Full Throttle Shift Assist
and Data Logging

Yes - having spent the last few days driving round in my 810hp FGT on standard tyres - I am also curious to discover what can be done!!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I saw Shadowman recently and he is installing TC in a Forum member's GT. I do not know how many have it, but I would like to hear from them how the GT handles with TC.

Aug 25, 2006
I saw Shadowman recently and he is installing TC in a Forum member's GT. I do not know how many have it, but I would like to hear from them how the GT handles with TC.

Yes................ the system "has" been developed and is presently being integrated into gal number 2 at this time.

Traction control....... launch control ....... full throttle shift have all become a part of the system with it integrated as if OEM.

This project, has taken a significant amount of time; many many months and required the committed participation and support from many so as to insure that the results meet my highest level of expectation. This system began as a no compromise project aka a clean sheet of paper and then the hardware used and created is considered to be the best, the primary brain, secondary electronics, even down to the extreme shielded Cat 7 cable and the Deutsch connectors.

Now it needs to be shared that Clinton aka BlackIce and Jay aka Analog Designer have been keys to allowing this project becoming a reality.

FYI; there will be two gals at the Rally with the system fully integrated; the gal that the R&D work was completed with and the first fully integrated installation/system.

Below are a few pictures showing some of the D/A specific electronics as designed for the Ford GT, one of the many custom wiring harnesses, and a view of the gal’s boot area once components were integrated within. This is a scope and magnitude integration with the gal’s having to be massaged from stem to stern as there are harnesses and control modules strategically placed from her arse to her nose with the final touch being the integration of the OEM appearing controls.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 941
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 928
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 931
  • DSC09582.JPG
    DSC09582.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 924
  • DSC09583.JPG
    DSC09583.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 923
Last edited:

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
Yes................ the system "has" been developed and is presently being integrated into gal number 2 at this time.

Traction control....... launch control ....... full throttle shift have all become a part of the system with it integrated as if OEM.

There will be two gals at the Rally with it.

Takes care

Shadowman

Shadowman,

sounds very interesting!

Two questions if I may? :-

1) When will it be widely available?

2) Will it have adjustability (i.e to control the amount of permitted "slip")?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Is it this system or something better? :biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
Is it this system or something better? :biggrin

There is no complete system for a Ford GT; this system was developed in concert with the Race Logic contol box specific to the Ford GT.

All the best

Shadowman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That system looks better than my right foot !!!

Aug 25, 2006
That system looks better than my right foot !!!

Thank you my friend and yet I have been told that your right foot working in concert with your left have traction control built in; LOL

I will find out first hand in Texas as I am still expecting a ride with you.

All the best Ron and thank you again for the very kind words

Shadowman

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You can get a good idea of how it works by reading the manual.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control-Technical-Instructions

The Discovery-Automotive system goes beyond the standard Racelogic system, by adding a user programmable shift light as well as a slip indicator LED. These features are not available in the standard Racelogic installation. The whole thing ties together as a OEM looking installation. The control are within easy reach, seamlessly integrated into the steering column. Also from an extensive R&D effort the DA system is able to work as very low speeds of less than 5 mph compared a standard installation not working until speeds are in excess of 17 mph. The benefits are better control during slow wet weather use and enabling the launch control feature to really work.

Note that the launch control and full throttle shift features should provide immense benefits for the TT owner. As the boost pressure will won't fall off during a launch or while shifting. Just keep the pedal to the metal and let the system do its magic.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

This project, has taken a significant amount of time; many many months and required the committed participation and support from many so as to insure that the results meet my highest level of expectation. This system began as a no compromise project aka a clean sheet of paper and then the hardware used and created is considered to be the best, the primary brain, secondary electronics, even down to the extreme shielded Cat 7 cable and the Deutsch connectors.

Now it needs to be shared that Clinton aka BlackIce and Jay aka Analog Designer have been keys to allowing this project becoming a reality.

FYI; there will be two gals at the Rally with the system fully integrated; the gal that the R&D work was completed with and the first fully integrated installation/system.

Below are a few pictures showing some of the D/A specific electronics as designed for the Ford GT, one of the many custom wiring harnesses, and a view of the gal’s boot area once components were integrated within. This is a scope and magnitude integration with the gal’s having to be massaged from stem to stern as there are harnesses and control modules strategically placed from her arse to her nose with the final touch being the integration of the OEM appearing controls.

Takes care

Shadowman

You can get a good idea of how it works by reading the manual.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control-Technical-Instructions

The Discovery-Automotive system goes beyond the standard Racelogic system, by adding a user programmable shift light as well as a slip indicator LED. These features are not available in the standard Racelogic installation. The whole thing ties together as a OEM looking installation. The control are within easy reach, seamlessly integrated into the steering column. Also from an extensive R&D effort the DA system is able to work as very low speeds of less than 5 mph compared a standard installation not working until speeds are in excess of 17 mph. The benefits are better control during slow wet weather use and enabling the launch control feature to really work.

Note that the launch control and full throttle shift features should provide immense benefits for the TT owner. As the boost pressure will won't fall off during a launch or while shifting. Just keep the pedal to the metal and let the system do its magic.

Good Work Guys !! :cheers Dr. Ed has been telling me about this. Can't wait to see the units perform ..:thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
DATC - Whose FGT Is It Then?

The first production DA traction control system is being integrated into my GT. Black Ice's was the prototype as he & Shadowman did the development & testing on his GT. You cannot tell that it is not OEM. It does take a lot of time to integrate it but it will be invaluable. You'll see it in action very soon at the Rally.

Ed

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Subscribing. :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
The first production DA traction control system is being integrated into my GT. Black Ice's was the prototype as he & Shadowman did the development & testing on his GT. You cannot tell that it is not OEM. It does take a lot of time to integrate it but it will be invaluable. You'll see it in action very soon at the Rally.

Ed

look forward to seeing it, especially at the drags:thumbsup

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Maybe my pulley wasn't such a bad idea after all. :banana

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

Ed

Hi Ed,

Shadowman let me check out the system when I was picking up my GT on Saturday. It does look like there was a lot to inegrate, but when it is all done it should look OEM.

Eager to find out how it drives.

Kevin

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Great idea. How about adding another very important capability to this great device.

When not trying to launch the car like F1 or NASCAR and while trying to drive in a civilized manner, all you have to do is roll your big toe a little and your speed increases 10-20 mph inviting a ticket. So, how about adding cruise control to this little beauty for those of us with big toes? Being TC is already being added to the steering wheel, this might be a perfect location for cruise control, but then again maybe not. :)

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
So, how about adding cruise control to this little beauty for those of us with big toes? Being TC is already being added to the steering wheel, this might be a perfect location for cruise control, but then again maybe not. :)

This has been on my wish list since DAY#1.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
. So, how about adding cruise control to this little beauty for those of us with big toes? Being TC is already being added to the steering wheel, this might be a perfect location for cruise control, but then again maybe not. :)

This has been on my wish list since DAY#1.

There just be sumpthin' plain blasphemous 'bout even considerin' doin' like that!!! :ack

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Cruise control is not possible with the current hardware. Besides if EP didn't need it, neither do you. Of course EP didn't need traction control either, or and engine for that matter. :rofl