Traction Control

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

With the custom traction control harnesses and control modules fully integrated throughout this gal is time to create the means to control and monitor the system; as evidenced in the pictures you will see that I am tending to more than one at the same time.

After careful consideration the placement of the primary control switch, the launch control button, and the indicator leds were located within the steering column cover. This was for a couple of reasons; by having the primary knob under the lower right side of the steering column the placement allows for the quick adjusting of the traction control on the fly so to speak such as during gear shifts while never having to remove your hand from the steering wheel and the same with the OEM appearing launch control button; both are discretely placed and cause no interference with one's leg, hands, etc and then the leds will be located on the vertical plan within the upper portion of the steering column shroud again discretely placed and yet in clear site resulting in an OEM appearance. Now the final reason that this location was selected is because the steering column shroud is "very" inexpensive as it is a Ford parts bin item as used on a very high production model car.

Takes care

Shadowman

The first two pictures are of the lower steering column shroud being made ready for the integration of the switch gear and associated wiring

The third picture is of the launch control button

The forth picture is of the inside of lower steering column shroud ready to be installed

The fifth picture is of the outside of the lower steering column shroud ready to be installed

Attachments

• DSC01945.JPG
    DSC01945.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC01949.JPG
    DSC01949.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC01943.JPG
    DSC01943.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC09716.JPG
    DSC09716.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC09721.JPG
    DSC09721.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
And here is a picture with the primary traction control knob in postion

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC01956.JPG
    DSC01956.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

It was brought to my attention that I have let this thread fall off by those folks that continue to ask me questions.

I showed earlier the front boot area and the steering column integration underway however never any pictures of system being integrated within the gal's engine bay.

Here are a few pictures of a small portion of the process as it unfolded. It is a very tedious process when the goal is both form and function; the later aka simply functional would allow for a multitude of short cuts however this practice never be approach.

Takes care

Shadowman

The pictures are as follows;

1. This is the primary engine harness being completely unsheathed so that the new custom traction control system can be truly integrated as if OEM

2. This is another picture depicting the OEM engine harness being completely unsheathed all the way back the PCM and the Injector Controller module

3. Here I have installed some of the pins required for the soon to be integrated Deutsch multi-seal connectors

4. Here I have completed the integration process and have returned the harness back to its OEM state; as if never touched

5. Here is the area in front of the driver side rear wheel within resides the OEM PCM and the Injector Controller module and now some of the modules associated with the custom traction control system and this is also where all of the secondary engine bay harnesses associated with the custom traction control system reside. This area was selected so as to maintain the OEM layout and to insure the ease of future service.

Attachments

• DSC02407.JPG
    DSC02407.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC02441.JPG
    DSC02441.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC02452.JPG
    DSC02452.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC02466.JPG
    DSC02466.JPG