The NEW GT Key! All in one Key and Remote fob.

Aug 25, 2006
If you can't mod... I don't want it.

You are D/A man

Shadowman

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
If you can't mod... I don't want it.

I like that:thumbsup

FastEddie

GT Owner/Operator
Sep 27, 2007
Still waiting for my key...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I got my key cut for no charge at OSH. I guess that is because they charge for key blanks and I didn't need one. In any case another plus for owning a FGT. The same thing happen to me at a tire shop. I brought a FGT rim in to have a tire changed when I ask how much too pay the manager just said ZERO!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
A Large Batch of Keys are shipping tomorrow! :biggrin

You should receive a tracking notification by days end tuesday if you are in this latest batch!

Lew

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2006
South Florida
Thanks for the update Andrew. Looking forward to the new key!

-Lew

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
After 2 days of shipping a big batch of keys went out! if you did not receive a shipping notice - you are one of the final 15 orders that will go out this coming Monday!

Thanks!

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Key

pm sent

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
FYi The keys are still available!
They are just back-ordered until next week!!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
After 2 days of shipping a big batch of keys went out! if you did not receive a shipping notice - you are one of the final 15 orders that will go out this coming Monday!

Thanks!

And I thought you forgot about me:biggrin Coming soon Wha Whoooo:banana

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Still waiting for my key...

Me too!

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Received the new key today, went to dealer to get it cut and just finished the programming. It works perfect and is a great improvement over the OEM :thumbsup Can anyone tell me what the 2 additonal bands and screw are used for?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Can anyone tell me what the 2 additonal bands and screw are used for?

Andrew believes in coming prepared. The rubbers are for when you have an accident and break the one that is in use to expel the key from the fob. The screw holds the key in the case and without it due to the pent up pressure of the bands would leave the fob and destroy the rubber bands causing a key "accident"

In summary the bands are for protection and everybody can use a little extra screw!

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
In summary the bands are for protection and everybody can use a little extra screw!

That didn't take long :lol

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
What is the major difference between this key and the ones with the same part number on eBay for $29.95? They say they are for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
The Major difference is the Ford GT transponder.

Secondly the key blank and internals.

The ones on ebay won't work on our GTs

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Received mine on Monday so today I decided to do this quick install. Went to the local Ford dealer about 1.5 miles from my house and as I would suspect they cut the key without charge (great people). Came back home to try the key as it fit and worked perfect but when I went to program the remote part of things it just wouldn't work (tried four times:ack). I kept saying to myself self you are not this dumb you can do it....again self you can do it .... ect....So I decided to place a call to KDO GT to bring his over and give it a try and his worked just fine the first time. After further investigation we found out the battery in the remote of mine was no good:frown but we replaced it and it works great now:banana Thanks for doing this project:cheers

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
All New GT Key Shipments up until the end of June have been shipped.
If you need instructions or are missing any information regarding your order please let me know

Thanks

Andrew

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Instructions

Attachments

• GiES251_UserManual_1.jpg
    GiES251_UserManual_1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 258
  • GiES251_UserManual_2.jpg
    GiES251_UserManual_2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 255

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Modifed GT Key

Not for any of the amateurs, but have a look at one of the modifications that can be made to the GT Key in order to add a key ring eyelet.

GTKeyMod.jpg

(Fubar - another mod for your key! :rofl )

drill a 1/16” hole in the base of the lower case where you put the screwdriver to open the case. Then also drill another hole just to the right of it in the corner, and push the small loop of the chain through the two holes, pinch it closed –et voila! The trick is to make sure the diameter of the loop is less than the width of the screwdriver slot – that way everything closes up no problem.