The NEW GT Key! All in one Key and Remote fob.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
If anyone is having issues programming the remote control buttons, please check the polarity of the battery. It appears some units were sent with the battery inserted upside down. :biggrin - Correct position of the battery is Positive side down and the checkered negative surface facing up towards you! Any issues please PM me. Thanks

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I found out that was my problem...
Key works great now! :banana

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
:rofl No kidding, "GT4JR" and I thought we've gone mental, and it was just a bad battery. Funny thing is that even with a bad battery the "start" programing works fine, but not the "remote" programing. BTW, thanks for the help on the phone. Are there any plans to get the control pad function easier to read, don't know about the rest of you gents, but I am having a heck of a time reading the open and close buttons :willy

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Mine worked a treat, no probs cutting or coding. :biggrin

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Once your figure out what button does what, it should become second nature to you.
There are 4 buttons on the remote, just like the 4 on your remote and are in the same position as on the factory remote. (top left - Lock) (top right - unlock) (bottom Left - Panic) (Bottom right - Trunk release):thumbsup:thumbsup

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Do we have an electric trunk release?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
you never used the blue button on the original remote to pop your front hood??

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
:rofl, I learn something new everyday.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Junior did you get your key working? Or was it Sam's key with the issue?

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Junior did you get your key working? Or was it Sam's key with the issue?

Both keys are working fine :thumbsup

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
I like to drill a hole in mine in order to install the LoJack transponder.
Andrew, I looked at the photo you posted; are the 2 holes drilled on the same cover/side of the key fob?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
drill a 1/16” hole in the base of the lower case where you put the screwdriver to open the case. Then also drill another hole just to the right of it in the corner, and push the small loop of the chain through the two holes, pinch it closed! The trick is to make sure the diameter of the loop is less than the width of the screwdriver slot – that way everything closes up no problem.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
:rofl No kidding, "GT4JR" and I thought we've gone mental, and it was just a bad battery. Funny thing is that even with a bad battery the "start" programing works fine, but not the "remote" programing. BTW, thanks for the help on the phone. Are there any plans to get the control pad function easier to read, don't know about the rest of you gents, but I am having a heck of a time reading the open and close buttons :willy

I put a little dab of red paint for "Lock" and know opposite is "Unlock".

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I was looking in my daughter's nail polish box, all I can find is pink and purple :rofl , I never thought I'll be shopping for nail polish when I bought my GT :lol

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
You guys are just too much! lol...:lol:lol

I'll come up with a keyless version remote next! haha

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Finally got around to programming the new key. Have had the key for 4 weeks but between being out of town and then catching up when I got back finally found a free few minutes.
Dealer cut the key - no charge.
The programming worked great. Piece of cake! (note to self learn how to count to 8 insted of 7 to make sure the programming in the car is set) duh:willy
Great work Andrew!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
I've heard that a lot! I think the dealers are happy to cut the keys for free just to see that GT at the dealership! (they miss the GT's) lol :rofl

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
They must REALLY miss the GT because I didn't even bring the car just the key!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
A new Batch of Keys are in stock and ready to ship if we have anyone interested!

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
I have had my key for ages, but finally got around to getting it cut. Went to program it, but it didn't work. Put a new battery in it and will try again tomorrow. I did discover that I did not get 2 OEM Ford keys when I got my car new from the dealer. One key has the GT logo on the head and the other is some aftermarket key. Both will start the car, but I wonder if that is my programing problem?