The NEW GT Key! All in one Key and Remote fob.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
There are 4 buttons, once you know which is the top and bottom of the remote, the buttons are oriented the exact same as the original key fob.
For those that have issue with the buttons being sensitive the Nob cut option is the solution, or I can have it done before you order.

Andrew

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I stopped using mine. Accidental button presses and can't remember which button does what.

+1, accidentally hitting panic too many times has def taken the 'coolness' factor out of using the key for me unfort. I wind up picking up and using the original first version key cover one that's on one of my original keys.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hi Andrew

Do you have written instructions for the "Cut Option" that you can post here? thx.

Ed

There are 4 buttons, once you know which is the top and bottom of the remote, the buttons are oriented the exact same as the original key fob.
For those that have issue with the buttons being sensitive the Nob cut option is the solution, or I can have it done before you order.

Andrew

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I cut the rubber tabs off all the buttons and I went to an office supply store and bought some white paint designed for use on rubber. I painted both the open and closed buttons which you still can't read, but at least I can find them quickly. I then painted a "U" beside the open button so it's easy to distinguish from the locked or closed button. I have to refresh the white paint when it wears off. The other buttons I just don't use.

I guess I could have carried the original key with this one so I could look at it each time I use it to know the orientation of the buttons. I just don't seem to be able to memorize the orientation of all my other cars' key fobs.

It's pretty easy to remove the tabs. I pryed the two halves apart, used a nail clipper to cut the rubber tabs, and then snapped it back together. At least that's what I remember doing a few years ago when I first got the key.

Last edited:

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
Maybe Andrew you could redesign the key, taking in all of our comments and then reintroduce it, selling it to the guys who already bought it for half price and the rest of course full price, now everyone getting a superior key that works like it should!

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
i have not had issues with the key except that i dropped it and broke the cover. Andrew was kind enough to send me a replacement cover at no charge. having the buttons colour coded would have been nice.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
3rd generation key solution in the works. Working with another vendor. Stay tuned for fall 2012!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
GREAT! Truly looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Could I get a set of programing instructions?

Hey all!

Exoticare has a special surprise for you!

NewGTKey1.jpg

I'm introducing The "NEW" GT Key!
It's an all in one Customized Switchblade Key/Remote Fob

An end to the annoying comments about your GT's Keys!

Once your new key has been programmed, it's all you need!

It's been talked about on the forum before, a few of us have even tried other solutions, but we weren't able to get past the GT's security!
We've taken an existing product, worked with the manufacturers and have customized this new Key work with the GT's.

I know there will be many questions!! I'll be happy to address them all!
But just to give you the low-down, see below:

- The NEW GT Key you are sent will ONLY work in YOUR personal GT!
- Nothing in your GT changes from a security standpoint - Security is not compromised!
- Instructions will be sent to you on how this to program the NEW GT Key.
- You will be sent a Blank Key Blade - it will have to be cut by a Locksmith
- The Key-fob has the remote buttons integrated, everything is in one unit, Key & Remote Buttons (Hood, Lock/Unlock, Panic)
- You will require BOTH of your original GT remote and Keys to program the new one yourself
(If you are missing one of your two factory remote/keys - only the Ford dealer or mechanic with the Ford scan tool will be able to program the new key)
- You will be able to use this new GT Key to open your existing locks, Gas, Trunk, Door and ignition
- You can add up to 4 new keys per car! (So you can give additional keys to your other drivers)
- Your original keys will continue to work.

As the New GT Keys are custom built for the GT's specifically - I am taking pre orders.
The first sets will ship the middle of this month of May.
When you order you will receive a delivery date.

You can find the link to purchase in the ExotiCARe online store - www.exoticare.ca/fordgt

Did I mention it's only $99 bucks! :thumbsup

NewGTKey2.jpg

NewGTKey4.jpg

NewGTKey3.jpg

DSC07516.jpg

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Sure please email me andrew@exoticare.ca

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
^^^ Drew, you're working from Paris? Happy belated birthday by the way.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Can't wait to get my key

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
cant wait to get my replacement key........

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
cant wait to get my replacement key........
Can't wait to get my "replacement GT"

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Can't wait to get my "replacement GT"

What happened to yours?

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007