The NEW GT Key! All in one Key and Remote fob.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Hi Andy PM sent!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hey, I just bought two a few hours ago too, I did not search and find this thread first.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I got my key and that was my problem also after the battery flip it worked perfectly! Easy to dismantle and get cut easy to program. Certainly better than the key, chain, and fob arrangement from the factory!! The only disappointment is that it is all black not black and silver like the picture (still on the ordering website) Sure would have been nice to have it in the original configuration to match the car!

If anyone is having issues programming the remote control buttons, please check the polarity of the battery. It appears some units were sent with the battery inserted upside down. :biggrin - Correct position of the battery is Positive side down and the checkered negative surface facing up towards you! Any issues please PM me. Thanks

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Very nice, Andrew. Looking forward to it.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Does anyone know how long the expected battery life is in these special keys? Or our factory keys? Thanks!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Same battery as OEM key.. So should expect the same life.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I just remembered that I bought one of these and put it away somewhere while the car was stored for the winter. Now, if only I could remember where the hell I put it - LOL

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
The supplier may be discontinuing the import of the shell. I have a few of these switchblade keys remaining, if anyone is interested.
I am currently trying to source more from another supplier.

PM for details

Or check out online GT Store

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
The supplier may be discontinuing the import of the shell. I have a few of these switchblade keys remaining, if anyone is interested.
I am currently trying to source more from another supplier.

PM for details

Or check out online GT Store

Fun key to use, but extremely hard to figure out what button to push since they are labeled black on black. Also, when you turn the key while in the ignition switch, it opens the front hood unless you are very careful. Will your new keys be labeled with white on black and red on black like the original keys? Also, will the buttons be less susceptable to accidental activation like the original keys? That would be a great improvement.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
totally agree! I love my key but fiddle with it all of the time trying to figure out which button to push (does not help that we cannot see as well as we used to either!!!!!)

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Same here, have the key and like the key. However, improvements considerations for future production: add a bit of weight to make it feel more substantial; as said repeatedly, clearer labeling, because I have accidentally press the panic bottom countless time.....very embarrassing; and, lastly, and this is a safety issue, accidtenal-unlocking the front bonnet when using the key is unacceptably high, as stated by others..... One time I was running in one of the "Mile" events only to see the freaking bonnet to slowly come up more than a foot, while I was running in excess of 170mph. Among other things, it wasted my good run, as I thought about it for a second or two (to either continue the run, or to kill the run.....), hahaha, but my senses finally kicked in...... Yes, this should be fixed.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
The key fob is a noble idea, I used it for a while and liked it, but I do not use it anymore, way too many door ajar warnings, not sure if it's car vibrations or the way I'm holding the key or if mine is possessed, but I go tired of keep having to stop to secure the front hood.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I had a pair of these for my GT500 and always really liked them. Substantial, no mispresses and well labeled. Much more OEM look and feel.

Any chance you could get some made for the GT like this or similar?

$(KGrHqZHJDQE+(JRe(g3BQCLSYqF3!~~60_12.jpg

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
and I did not read well enough when I ordered mine and was too late for the "pretty" stainless key, only disappointed when an all black one arrived. I certainly agree with the weight, and I have numerous times activated the panic, very embarrassed that I was purposely calling attention to myself!!!!!! (the car does that enough already!!!!!!!!!!)

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Just to clarify. The key was never stainless - Just silver plastic inserts in the original mold. But now the supplier has changed to all black.

As for those that find the buttons sensitive - if you take a pair of nail clippers - the nibs on the underside of the rubber button can be trimmed.
Then it's harder to press the buttons.

PM for any questions I can walk you through the process!

Andrew

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have an Exoticare key / remote for sale. I bought 2. New in the box. $80 shipped to the lower 48. PM or email me.

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
My key also gave me too many door ajar alerts. Also got tired of shutting front hood. Don't use mine anymore. either.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Sounds like a pain in the .....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sounds like a pain in the .....

I stopped using mine. Accidental button presses and can't remember which button does what.

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
My key also gave me too many door ajar alerts. Also got tired of shutting front hood. Don't use mine anymore. either.
+1 Cool idea though