The NEW GT Key! All in one Key and Remote fob.

fordgt6

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 19, 2009
East Lake Weir, FL
Cool Key

I just odered one also

bgb27

Jan 26, 2007
do these only work for the Ford GT? I'd love one for my GT500

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Same key... I suspect it would work like a charm.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Sweet i need to get my self a couple of them.:cheers

Aug 25, 2006
Same key... I suspect it would work like a charm.

The key is the same however the transponder is different.

Please check with Andrew as I think that he can outfit a couple of keys for the Ford GT500 Mustang however they are different (as shared) when compared to the Ford GT Supercar

Shadowman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
works fine Randy,

Thanks again for the tip. I took it to Home Depot today and got it cut, while fully assembled. Now, I just need to program it.

Last edited:

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I had the key cut and programmed today. It's working perfectly. :thumbsup

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Got my key yesterday (thanks Andrew)! Very cool, so cool that UPS must have had a look at it too. While I know customs might have opened the package to look, you would have thought UPS might pop a little tape back on it to seal the package. Came to me with the outer envelope open and the inner package open too! Going to get the key cut today. :thumbsup

John

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Shipping Update:

Some of you are already receiving your keys, please let me know if you need any help programming and cutting the keys.

I have just been given confirmation that the last piece required to build the 2nd batch shipping of remotes was delayed due to the Memorial day Holiday.

Next batch of keys will ship before the end of next week!

Thank you for your patience!

Andrew

H

HHGT

Got my key yesterday (thanks Andrew)! Very cool, so cool that UPS must have had a look at it too. While I know customs might have opened the package to look, you would have thought UPS might pop a little tape back on it to seal the package. Came to me with the outer envelope open and the inner package open too! Going to get the key cut today. :thumbsup

John

I think that may have been customs...

H

HHGT

Shipping Update:

Some of you are already receiving your keys, please let me know if you need any help programming and cutting the keys.

I have just been given confirmation that the last piece required to build the 2nd batch shipping of remotes was delayed due to the Memorial day Holiday.

Next batch of keys will ship before the end of next week!

Thank you for your patience!

Andrew

Got mine today. Thanks Andrew.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I think that may have been customs...

I mentioned that it was customs that opened it, but I thought UPS would pass some tape over it. It was a miracle I got it instead of somebody at UPS. Love the key though.

John

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Got mine cut the other day, (did have to remove the key blank) and programed it within minutes!!!!

H

HHGT

I mentioned that it was customs that opened it, but I thought UPS would pass some tape over it. It was a miracle I got it instead of somebody at UPS. Love the key though.

John

Sorry John...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Home Depot cut key works fine!

Aug 25, 2006
Home Depot cut key works fine!

Easy

Now that they are programmed to fire the gal

Have all three in your lap

Take one of the OEM keys and cycle the ignition until the lights appear 7 times and then on the 8th cycle leave the key in the on position and the horn will beep

Then press "any" function button on each remote in any order one at a time and then turn the key off and "wholla"

Shadowman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Easy

Now that they are programmed to fire the gal

Have all three in your lap

Take one of the OEM keys and cycle the ignition until the lights appear 7 times and then on the 8th cycle leave the key in the on position and the horn will beep

Then press "any" function button on each remote in any order one at a time and then turn the key off and "wholla"

Shadowman

Thanks Shadowman for the Cliff's Notes. I initially printed out an incomplete set of instructions.

Remote control buttons are now programmed. Thanks!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
For those that have gotten their key and were a little disappointed in the "feel" of the gadget, I have a solution.

When I got the key, I was very impressed with the function and look of it but it seemed a little light weight and plasticy. So I decided to mod my key mod. I added about 6 oz of lead (from a tire weight I had laying around) and another 3 oz of JB weld (aka GLUE OF THE GODS). Now the key feel solid as a rock and heavy like it is made of steel.

One downside:

GT_Key.jpg

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Hey Fubar, what happened there?? JB Weld ooozing out? You had to mess with it ??:lol:rofl:lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
If you can't mod... I don't want it.