Longwood, Florida
I think its the new GT500 Cobra

Very smart, this here Canuck!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Mustang GT350 (a brand new one, based on the new Mustang).

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
... Dynamic art is vastly better to experience and watch than static IMHO.

Scott

Well said!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So what hotel do you recommend for the 2015 Detroit Auto Show?

We meet in February for the Chicago Auto Show every year. It's usually around 4-6 GT owners. Any forum member is welcome to join us for dinner, car show, etc. Let's check out the GT350!

Ed

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Just so I'm not missing anything......this thread is ONLY about the Shelby Mustang 350 just announced??

There isn't a mid-engine FGT successor to our cars about to be announced any day??

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There isn't a mid-engine FGT successor to our cars about to be announced any day??

Well it wasn't today.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Just Released on Yahoo News

Will we see a new Ford GT in 2015?

Reports are growing that 2015 could see the resurrection of an automotive legend and Ford's return to the supercar market.

After an absence of nearly 10 years, Ford is planning a new GT. And, according to Road and Track magazine, it could make its debut as early as next month at the Detroit Auto Show.

The last GT, which ceased production in 2006, was a modern interpretation of the iconic GT40, with modern Ferrari-beating levels of performance to boot.

When it was launched, demand outstripped supply but by the time Ford caught up -- cars had been changing hands on the second-hand market for $100,000s above the list price -- US vehicle regulations changed and the economy stumbled; meaning that the car only stayed in production for two years and Ford cancelled plans to extend its supercar offering with Daytona and Cobra-inspired models that had passed the concept car stage.

The car that inspired the GT, the Ford GT40 was built in the 1960s to challenge Ferrari's dominance at Le Mans; and in doing so wrote itself into the history books. In 1966 the car came first, second and third in the 24-hour race and also went on to win the race in 1967, 68 and 69 too.

In 2016 it will be 50 years since Ford managed this incredible coup and the new GT is expected to mark the anniversary, alongside a new track-focused version of the car that is tipped to compete in the endurance event in France.

In terms of what to expect from the new GT, it will have to match the same nemesis, Ferrari, if it is to ring true to its iconic badge. So a mid-engine layout and hopefully a turbocharged or supercharged V8 making things happen. As for styling, the company is most likely to go with an evolution of the last GT rather than get revolutionary -- the same approach is why the new Mustang is such a hit.

However, let's hope that one thing is improved significantly on the new car -- its fuel tank capacity. Even when driven extremely carefully, the GT could only travel 75 miles before it needed refuelling.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

However, let's hope that one thing is improved significantly on the new car -- its fuel tank capacity. Even when driven extremely carefully, the GT could only travel 75 miles before it needed refuelling.

So Jeff, having traveled over 100K miles, you've filled your tank >1,333.33 times?? :biggrin

Do you have all your receipts??

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Will we see a new Ford GT in 2015?

Reports are growing that 2015 could see the resurrection of an automotive legend and Ford's return to the supercar market.

After an absence of nearly 10 years, Ford is planning a new GT. And, according to Road and Track magazine, it could make its debut as early as next month at the Detroit Auto Show.

The last GT, which ceased production in 2006, was a modern interpretation of the iconic GT40, with modern Ferrari-beating levels of performance to boot.

When it was launched, demand outstripped supply but by the time Ford caught up -- cars had been changing hands on the second-hand market for $100,000s above the list price -- US vehicle regulations changed and the economy stumbled; meaning that the car only stayed in production for two years and Ford cancelled plans to extend its supercar offering with Daytona and Cobra-inspired models that had passed the concept car stage.

The car that inspired the GT, the Ford GT40 was built in the 1960s to challenge Ferrari's dominance at Le Mans; and in doing so wrote itself into the history books. In 1966 the car came first, second and third in the 24-hour race and also went on to win the race in 1967, 68 and 69 too.

In 2016 it will be 50 years since Ford managed this incredible coup and the new GT is expected to mark the anniversary, alongside a new track-focused version of the car that is tipped to compete in the endurance event in France.

In terms of what to expect from the new GT, it will have to match the same nemesis, Ferrari, if it is to ring true to its iconic badge. So a mid-engine layout and hopefully a turbocharged or supercharged V8 making things happen. As for styling, the company is most likely to go with an evolution of the last GT rather than get revolutionary -- the same approach is why the new Mustang is such a hit.

Ok you are so wrong on only being able to do 75 miles on a tank of gas .You have clearly not driven your car any significant distance.Mark and our spouses drove from Vegas home Mark to Michigan and myself to Boston.Now I can tell you every 1/4 tank is 100 miles and 1 hour of drive time.At 70-80 mph we got 25-26 miles per gallon.I can attest to this because I did 2600 miles to verify it.
Now I can also verify that if you go 160mph you will run out of gas in 30 minutes

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ok you are so wrong on only being able to do 75 miles on a tank of gas .You have clearly not driven your car any significant distance.Mark and our spouses drove from Vegas home Mark to Michigan and myself to Boston.Now I can tell you every 1/4 tank is 100 miles and 1 hour of drive time.At 70-80 mph we got 25-26 miles per gallon.I can attest to this because I did 2600 miles to verify it.
Now I can also verify that if you go 160mph you will run out of gas in 30 minutes

Ron, you need to send that to Jeremy Clarkson.

Although, 21 is my best mpg under any circumstances.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ron, you need to send that to Jeremy Clarkson.

Although, 21 is my best mpg under any circumstances.

I got 23 driving to Las Vegas averaging 80 with the A/C blowing full and that's with 3.9 gears and many WOT sprints to triple digits along the way.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
So Jeff, having traveled over 100K miles, you've filled your tank >1,333.33 times?? :biggrin

Do you have all your receipts??
Yes I do. Chevron loves it when I travel.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Hey Guys,
Don't shoot the messenger!
These are not my words , but what just came out of Yahoo! News yesterday. I was fully aware that the 75 mile range was absolutely absurd.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well at Nardo they could only do 2 flying laps (if I recall) because of fuel, they were not willing to risk running out, and the time to go fetch it.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm sorry Ron, we are going to need to shoot you anyway.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Well, I'm sure it's too early in the day to wake McGowen (on same schedule as Camilo?), but as I recall from specs, max. fuel delivery was 1 gallon per minute at WOT.

If Mark checks in before noon, perhaps he can confirm. :biggrin

larry21

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2006
Knutsford UK
I wonder if there will be any European models again.

Either way I would be interested.

How can i get on the list?

Should existing owners here get first option?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Well at Nardo they could only do 2 flying laps (if I recall) because of fuel, they were not willing to risk running out, and the time to go fetch it.

Andy, I have the in-car video of Mark setting the Nardo 211.89 mph benchmark. From start up, pulling out onto the track and accelerating/holding Vmax until fuel exhaustion (which he did) was 5 min 10 sec. So assuming a full load of 17.5 gallons on board that equates to a 3.4 gal/min burn rate. Mark did state on the video the fuel gauge still indicated full when the engine stopped due to fuel exhaustion. This is actually a pretty darn good fuel burn rate for our engine. I would have expected a slightly higher fuel burn rate at about 5.5 gal/min based on “rule of thumb” fuel consumption estimates based on horsepower.

.. but as I recall from specs, max. fuel delivery was 1 gallon per minute at WOT. If Mark checks in before noon, perhaps he can confirm. :biggrin

For 550 engine horsepower, fuel delivery to the engine needs to be quite a bit higher, Rex.:thumbsup Incidently GREAT avitar!

Let's hear from Mr. Fubar and what his delivery estimates are....

Last edited: