HHGT

Our prayers go to you and your family.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
TX Mile for GTs

It wasn't only very very hot at the GT Rally Mile it was very humid. Yuk! I thought for sure I'd be in the 190s but only managed a 183mph with my 17lb Whipple. I had fun though. Here is a photo of the shirt we'd all like to have!

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 312

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Soroush at the mile.

Gentlemen,

I had never seen nor done anything like the Texas Mile before. I had seen it on TV but it's quite a bit different being there. An absolute scream to take off and go as fast as you can possibly go without worrying about losing your license and going to jail. :biggrin I made about six runs with a best time of just over 175 mph with my stock supercharger/pully/tune car. Bony was in my car for all of my runs. I had to smuggle him on board because the tech inspection people wouldn't allow you to have anything (or anybody) in your car. It was fun to run the mile and was also a lot of fun to watch.

The highlight of the day for me came when I was viewing near the half mile mark. I watched dozens of runs and they all looked pretty fast........until I saw Soroush leave the line. :eek OH MY GOD!!!!!! The sound and the fury as he accelerated toward my vantage point half way to the finish made everybody else look like they were tottering down that runway in a Radio Flyer! He had to be close to 200 miles an hour by the half mile mark. And just kept accelerating!!!! I'm not exaggerating when I tell you he looked like the "Spirit of America" rocketing across the Bonneville Salt Flats. Absolutely unbelievable. Soroush buddy, you made my day at the Texas Mile. :thumbsup I know you put a lot of time and effort into building your GTs engine and it certainly paid off as you made that run in the hottest, windiest, and worst conditions of the day. Nicely done. :banana :banana :banana

Chip

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Not only did Soroush have the fastest car, but he is also the best navigator. If only I could put his mind into my GPS system.

Last edited:

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
Damn Jason! That is moving.

Here are some pics from the mile taken from another site.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Gentlemen,

The highlight of the day for me came when I was viewing near the half mile mark. I watched dozens of runs and they all looked pretty fast........until I saw Soroush leave the line. :eek OH MY GOD!!!!!! The sound and the fury as he accelerated toward my vantage point half way to the finish made everybody else look like they were tottering down that runway in a Radio Flyer! He had to be close to 200 miles an hour by the half mile mark. And just kept accelerating!!!! I'm not exaggerating when I tell you he looked like the "Spirit of America" rocketing across the Bonneville Salt Flats. Absolutely unbelievable. Soroush buddy, you made my day at the Texas Mile. :thumbsup I know you put a lot of time and effort into building your GTs engine and it certainly paid off as you made that run in the hottest, windiest, and worst conditions of the day. Nicely done. :banana :banana :banana

Chip

Reading this paragraph gave me goosebumps.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
I never thought I would run that fast in my life!!! What a blast! That is till your supercharger siezes at 177.7 miles an hour and all you hear is a boom about six inches from your ear. The first thought was it was a tire and I had visions of Nascar. Me spinning thru the fields or going end over end.:frown
Then realized at about 160 that it was in the engine compartment. Shut engine down, coast to a stop and notice front pulley on supercharger MISSING:willy. End of my Texas mile and spent the next day driving to Houston with a friend to pickup my Truck and Trailer and return saturday to pickup the car. Missed the rest of the Rally!!!:frown:frown:frown Did return to the Mile just in Time to see Jason do 222.0. Wow, thats fast and a good round number. I really want to thank all those that walked up and offered to help. Can't remember them all but Torrie was one of the first! I already have Torrie working on a replavement parts list. I will let you know more on the supercharger seizeing as soon as I talk to Dustin.

Larry Boatner

By the time we returned friday the motorhomes were parked all the way down the mile and more were pulling in!!! Thanks DBK for making us special and having the track to ourselves.:cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Wow....sorry to hear about what happened to your car Tugboat. Hope you get her revived soon. :cheers

Jason, how many passes did you get in each day at the Mile?? Just curious. Congrats again.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Wow....sorry to hear about what happened to your car Tugboat. Hope you get her revived soon. :cheers

Jason, how many passes did you get in each day at the Mile?? Just curious. Congrats again.

I did 13 passes over the 4 days (all of them 204mph+) this weekend.

I did 12 passes in March 2009 on Friday and 4 on Saturday.

Realistically on Friday someone could run 15 times if they so choose. Saturday you can get maybe 6 runs in and Sunday you could get 6-10 runs in.

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
:biggrin

Attachments

• cert226.200 from Mile smaller.jpg
    cert226.200 from Mile smaller.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 263

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Awesome !~

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Gentlemen,

I had never seen nor done anything like the Texas Mile before. I had seen it on TV but it's quite a bit different being there. An absolute scream to take off and go as fast as you can possibly go without worrying about losing your license and going to jail. :biggrin I made about six runs with a best time of just over 175 mph with my stock supercharger/pully/tune car. Bony was in my car for all of my runs. I had to smuggle him on board because the tech inspection people wouldn't allow you to have anything (or anybody) in your car. It was fun to run the mile and was also a lot of fun to watch.

Chip

thank you Chip:thumbsup

It took three long months to get the project done, and I would often come into the garage and look at my baby with out an engine and think it would never be finished:frown, or worst yet I would have some problems last mintue. well the last two weeks before the rally were the hardest. things were coming to the wire and time was not on our side, however a little elbow grease and lots of persistance, help from some key friends(shadowman, brian, you all met at the rally, nick at fastlane, and tim palmer) made it possible to get the engine back in the car and running, a few days before the rally.

I had no time to really test the car except for on the dyno and things seemed within the parameters we had set for the car and as such we were ready to roll.

I had no Idea what the car was capable of and as you know I only had one chance to run over 190(my car was not tech certified for past 190):biggrin

so when I let her loose on that pass It was as much of a mystery to me as it was to everyone else that had seen the car in the parking lot setting off all of the alarms. :biggrin

all I have to say is when I made my run I had one hand on the shifter the whole time(for the nitrous button) and one on the wheel, Im going through the half mile mark looking at my gps showing speed, reading 208,209,210,211, and Im thinking I must be crazy to go well over 200 with one hand on the wheel, however I did not remove my hand from the shifter and the car passed through the mile at 217.9. what a rush!

the best part for me was the smiles of everyone I saw afterwards and the excitement the run had generated amongst the people that were there. In that one instance all of the pain, blood, sweat, busted knuckles, and the late night work sessions became worth it and then some. Im glad that I could make your day, it was my pleasure:thumbsup

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
you need a NAWS button on the steering wheel. :)

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
:thumbsup:thumbsup

I can only imagine how excited you were doing 226 after watching the fist pump video of your 195 mph run you made before your upgrades. :lol

Congrats and keep raising the bar!! :banana:banana

I did such a loud whooo and fist pump at the far end of the track when they announced it I'm suprised people didn't hear it at the 1/2 mile mark. :lol

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
wow, that would put him at 245! one shy of the record. maybe with some luck they can break that this weekend!:cheers

I really don't think the GT has a 245+ in it. I think on a perfect day, cool weather, tail wind, maybe 235 or so. Jason ran the best at 226 in good conditions, finding 20 more mph is huge.. I have been doing this for a while now, it's not that easy. I ran 1 pass with my Supra on Friday, missed 2nd and ran 243.8. The motor was fresh and was not seated in yet. I was going to run it again, but heard some lifter noise so I chose not to run it again. My Underground TT Lamborghini ran flawlessly, I won the roll on races on Sat& Sunday. It has stock gears and I was hitting the rev limiter in 6th (207 mph) at the 3/4 mark on every roll run. I was hoping to see one of Ray's monster GT's, but maybe next year.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to attend any of the Ralley functions, but I did get to meet some of you at the mile. I was too busy getting the Supra ready for the mile. I will be back at the mile in March going for my 250mph goal.

SW

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I have to disagree with you on the 235 as being the top end for the Mile in these cars. I did 226 with 994rwhp. Peak supposedly has 1500? 500 hp has GOT to get this car over 240. the aerodynamics on the GT is better than the Supras IMO.

I guess we can just wait until March and see what's what. I hope everybody including yourself will bring their A game.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to the roll races in March.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have to disagree with you on the 235 as being the top end for the Mile in these cars. I did 226 with 994rwhp. Peak supposedly has 1500? 500 hp has GOT to get this car over 240. the aerodynamics on the GT is better than the Supras IMO.

I guess we can just wait until March and see what's what. I hope everybody including yourself will bring their A game.

roll races ,thats gona be my favorite:thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
roll races ,thats gona be my favorite:thumbsup

Really Soroush you just didn't say that out loud now did you :lol

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008

I hear what you are saying, but there is a difference of making supposedly 1500rwh, and running it at 1500rwh at the mile. My car Supra has made over 1600, but I am only running 1300rwh at the mile. When I ran 243.8, I was at 1300 and was turning it up for the next pass, but due to a bad camshaft, decided not to run it. You had traction problems with 994rwh, you really think you can hook a Ford GT at 1500?? There is a HUGE difference between 226 and 246, we will see in March. I will be there with my old Supra again and believe me, I will be ready for it. I also will be ready for the roll on races, the Lambo is getting some more upgrades.:) Btw, it was nice meeting you and your family.

SW

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I hear what you are saying, but there is a difference of making supposedly 1500rwh, and running it at 1500rwh at the mile. My car Supra has made over 1600, but I am only running 1300rwh at the mile. When I ran 243.8, I was at 1300 and was turning it up for the next pass, but due to a bad camshaft, decided not to run it. You had traction problems with 994rwh, you really think you can hook a Ford GT at 1500?? There is a HUGE difference between 226 and 246, we will see in March. I will be there with my old Supra again and believe me, I will be ready for it. I also will be ready for the roll on races, the Lambo is getting some more upgrades.:) Btw, it was nice meeting you and your family.

SW

all sounds good except I didn't have traction problems at 994 on the main line. When I did the roll race I was in the far right lane and there was alot of dirt and stuff on that line. I spun in 3rd on the right lane and I have NEVER spun at the mile in 3rd on the main line. I even had full traction in second.

I'm looking forward to what you put down in March.

It was nice talking with you and your family....you are a class act.

Last edited: