Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Be fast & safe!:thumbsup

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Good Luck to everyone! Be safe as well. I am looking forward to hearing all the reports:thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I hope that the fast cars today are faster than everyone else over the balance of the weekend!! Good luck!!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I am soooo envious right now.... wish I was there
Straight and long..... GO FAST
Pay attention as to when to stop......
:driving:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I am soooo envious right now.... wish I was there
Straight and long..... GO FAST
Pay attention as to when to stop......
:driving:

+1` Can't wait for the Mojave Mile in March!! Have fun guys. Can't wait to see the posts about how the runs go. :cheers

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
I second the can't wait for the Mojave Mile in March!

Things to Ponder: Whose cruel idea was it for the word lisp to have an s in it?

Happy

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Dammit Happy, b/w your Avatar and Chris A's, how are we supposed to remember what we were gonna say?

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
DBK ran 207 today Congrats! There were only a few who broke 200. The 1/2 mile shut down was an optical illusion with the orange cones. Looked like you were going to run out of runway!

I ran a best of 178.11 with my pully & tune car. Stormcat ran 185+ with his! Long drive there and back but worth it!

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
what was the density altitude and were there any winds?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
206.267 here !!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
206.267 here !!

:party

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It was not a great day for setting record speeds at the mile. Hot temps and some head winds made life at the mile tricky. I ran a 195 which is decent but I have to admit I really wanted 200.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
It was not a great day for setting record speeds at the mile. Hot temps and some head winds made life at the mile tricky. I ran a 195 which is decent but I have to admit I really wanted 200.

That is no lie the atmospheric condition's were working against all of us. except Soroush maybe :lol:lol:lol:lol Good job man !!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
That is no lie the atmospheric condition's were working against all of us. except Soroush maybe :lol:lol:lol:lol Good job man !!

217?? WOW!! :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It was beyond hot today. It was about as bad as it could have possibly been. It was 96 degrees with a heat index near 110*, and we had a decent crosswind blowing slightly as a headwind. If we had had the weather shift one day forward we would have seen everyone pick up 10+ mph easily.

Either way, congrats to:

Soroush 217 mph (oh god let the blathering begin :lol )
jbsteven 216 mph(?)
DBK 207 mph
Cody@A.R.T 206 mph (on a very easy shakedown run with a soft launch)
tmcphail 206 mph

and I know MarkH was also over 200, but it was hard to tell if it were him or jbsteven with both of their Hennessey GT1000's, so I didn't catch his exact number. Those things really performed awesome today.

If nothing else, we can conclude that red cars being the fastest is definitely bullshit, and it is CLEARLY white cars with blue stripes that haul the most ass (jbsteven, MarkH and myself). And I heard someone white blue that is awsum hit 200 today too. Bitches. :lol

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
It was beyond hot today. It was about as bad as it could have possibly been. It was 96 degrees with a heat index near 110*, and we had a decent crosswind blowing slightly as a headwind. If we had had the weather shift one day forward we would have seen everyone pick up 10+ mph easily.

Either way, congrats to:

jbsteven 216 mph(?)
DBK 207 mph
tmcphail 206 mph

and I know MarkH was also over 200, but it was hard to tell if it were him or jbsteven with both of their Hennessey GT1000's, so I didn't catch his exact number. Those things really performed awesome today.

If nothing else, we can conclude that red cars being the fastest is definitely bullshit, and it is CLEARLY white cars with blue stripes that haul the most ass (jbsteven, MarkH and myself). And I heard someone white blue that is awsum hit 200 today too. Bitches. :lol

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Great job Dave, wish I was there...Enjoy!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Man, was it hot today. I did a slow (in this crowd) but very fun 171.074 on my first run. Pulley and Tune. But I had a great time. It is something everyone should try at least once. The path is very wide, and plenty of time for braking. All very straightforward and fun.

It was HOT!!!

Here's a picture of us arriving and a helicopter shooting video.

P1010205.jpg

Last edited:

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
Superfly

I just wanted to say Chris started it.

Happy

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Either way, congrats to:

jbsteven 216 mph(?)
DBK 207 mph
tmcphail 206 mph

Awesome!!!

Kudos to all of you. And yes, it was crazy hot for both cars and drivers.