Texas Miles

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
the anatomy of my 226.2 mph run........

3....2....1......hit it hard, wait for wheelspin at 5500rpm....slam it into second......watch shift point at 6900 rpm....shift.......cool no wheelspin at end of second.......going to be a good run.........shift at 6900 rpm.........nailed it.....this could be THE ONE.......shift at 6900 rpm.......nailed it again......here comes the Mile marker.........wooohooooo....NAIL the brakes.......woooohoooo FIST PUMP!........turn turn turn........radio comes on "That was the Mullet Mobile car #220 with a speed of 226.200 mph"...................WOOOOHOOOO MAJOR FIST PUMP!

(That just gave me goosebumps thinking about it).

on Saturday and Sunday they were announcing my runs as the "Mullet Mobile".

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great account of your run!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

I have to say this is my favorite thread ever!!!

Let's see if we can keep it going until the next Texas Mile! :lol :cheers

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Skyrex

Ask Lucky Loser to post the Porsche pictures from the mile. It went off track at 201 mph. Here is his desprition when I asked him about the photo sequence

"The Porsche lost it at the 3/4 mark at 201mph did 3 full rotations all the way to the 1 mile mark then sat there for a sec and drove off. "

Larry

BTW-Wonder what the driver was doing there for the second, Cleaning his drawers?

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Awesome account of the events and it is obvious you are still pumped, as you should be. Only beat me by 51.1 MPH and I can still remember it all

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Speed Secret.

........The Porsche lost it at the 3/4 mark at 201mph did 3 full rotations all the way to the 1 mile mark........

Aerobatics, though impressive to the spectators, slows your one-mile trap time down considerably. :eek

Chip

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Aerobatics, though impressive to the spectators, slows your one-mile trap time down considerably. :eek

Chip

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Skyrex

Ask Lucky Loser to post the Porsche pictures from the mile. It went off track at 201 mph. Here is his desprition when I asked him about the photo sequence

"The Porsche lost it at the 3/4 mark at 201mph did 3 full rotations all the way to the 1 mile mark then sat there for a sec and drove off. "

Larry

BTW-Wonder what the driver was doing there for the second, Cleaning his drawers?

this car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-dZl_VV4JQ

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008

Nice clip. That guy is also has a GT and is a Forum member, I remember seeing him post before. I am sure he had slightly elevated blood pressure when he started to go sideways. :eek

Is the pavement at the mile that rough or is it that his car rides that rough?

Lucky Loser

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2009
Kumar, I saw that one, he pulled the chute and I guess it pulled him over to the side at the end of the mile.

The other epic shots I got were of this EVOMs car that they were talking about.

This wasn't the drivers car. The owner just happened to call them right after that out of coincidence.

4025049952_bb727c9056.jpg

4024402487_3525677fdf.jpg

4018940856_68a551abbb.jpg

4018940862_a48b2578d0.jpg

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
the pavement is not rough...his camera mount sucks.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Thanks ERIC!

"The check is in the mail"

Larry

3 revolutions, yep, The pucker factor would require seat to be replaced!!!!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
what caused that Porsche to spin out? he did not pull a parachute and it looked to me like the spin took place after the finish line......

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Just a fun reminder! I was getting sort of nervous about now.

Larry

Attachments

• DSC00604.jpg
    DSC00604.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 229

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008
Beautiful spread of GT's right there! I MUST MUST MUST make it to the March Texas Mile. Running 180 will be second place on the fun factor compared to watching all that glorious machinery running WOT down the tarmac!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I read somewhere that the sunroof popped out.

what caused that Porsche to spin out? he did not pull a parachute and it looked to me like the spin took place after the finish line......

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I read somewhere that the sunroof popped out.

Yup, at 220MPH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/EvolutionMotorSport#p/a/f/0/8-dZl_VV4JQ

He looked pretty calm in keeping it all together. I know if it was me, I'd have needed a change of clothes, and probably a new interior :lol. "You guys need to cut the weeds out there, I'll send you a bill for the stuff I clipped" :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Lucky Loser

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2009
Had a buddy put my photos together.

mh5cls.gif

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Had a buddy put my photos together.

mh5cls.gif

That is AWESOME!!!

Conversation between the infield crew and the driver.

"Wow, are you okay?" infield asks
Driver responds "......yeah.......I'm fine.....that was F#$%in Intense!!"
Infield man grabs nose "Uhhhh, your car doesn't smell so good."
Driver replies...."Thanks, I had not noticed the $hit in my drawers till you mentioned the smell." and drives off.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Came up short.

The most amazing thing about that photo sequence is that he stopped 5 feet short of the 1 mile mark. Then he fired his car back up, motored back onto the runway, and went through the trap at 5 mph. I wonder if he kept that time slip?

Chip

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

during sudden breaking the back end want to come around and if you brake hard enough it does, I would imagine something like that happened here. when I was slowing down from my run, I got on the brakes moderately and noticed the weight in the back of the car trying to come around, not that bad, but I would think its a lot worse in a rear engine porsche.