Texas Miles

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just got back from my trip and this is the first chance I have had to read this thread. Awesome time you guys had and some great speeds.

Congrats to Soroush and Jason for setting the top speed at the rally and a new one mile top speed record. The bar gets set higher every year.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Thanks Texas

Hope you make the next Mile.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
This happened on Saturday after we left. It is a pretty intense picture so I thought I'd share. 427Aggie told me that some GT500 did a 30-40sec burn out on the pre-start and then caught on fire down the track. I assume this is the guy.

standard.jpg

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Fubar!!!

WOW!

When I went back friday to pick up my broken GT my friend said what surprised him the most is that we saw at least 10 GT 500's at the mile. Some were stock all the way up to highly modified. I do not think I would want to do close to 200 in a mustang body! Looks like he has hood problems and my understanding they are heck and expensive to repair. Along with the other stuff.:willy

Larry

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Fubar!!!

WOW!

When I went back friday to pick up my broken GT my friend said what surprised him the most is that we saw at least 10 GT 500's at the mile. Some were stock all the way up to highly modified. I do not think I would want to do close to 200 in a mustang body! Looks like he has hood problems and my understanding they are heck and expensive to repair. Along with the other stuff.:willy

Larry

complete gt500 engine assemble from the supercharger to the pan is about 13500

there was a lambo that cought on fire too, now that would be expensive!

lambofireball.jpg

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Wow, sorry about those guys cars, but great photos of the :mad!!

Out of curiousity I noticed on the Texas Mile website that the last event was sold out. What is the max number of entrants that they accept?

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Skyrex,

Maybe Jason (Mullet) or Soroush can answer your question but I can tell you some of the problem is parking. When I was there friday about 11 am. the entire return lane (1 1/2 mile) was nose to nose trailer homes and parking was becoming an issue quickly. They opened the gates thursday afternoon for the early birds to pitch camp. I would also think that they are worried about you having enough runs to make your entry fee worth it.
I did talk with Shannon who runs the Texas Mile and she told me this started a few years ago when her husband and some friends wanted to test there track cars for top end speeds. The first year there was only like a couple dozen guys having fun. Now it is an annual "TO DO" event. It does sell out!!! Hopefully the other guys can give you the number. I also will let you know, be carefull!!! IT IS ADDICTIVE!:willy

Larry

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
This Texas Mile was the largest group they have had so far. They limit the amount of cars that can run at 175 and that fills up within 2-3 days of when registration opens. More people are coming to spectate and more people are bringing RV's and such.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
What a great coup for us and what a great time we had to have that set up all to ourselves for a day! I had a blast and I'm afraid I'm spoiled for life now thanks to DBK! If I go back for the regular event I'll probalby be disappointed not being able to run as often as we did and not having so many GT Buddies around!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Looking for a picture

Just checking to see if anyone happens to have a picture of my car at the mile doing a run.

White / blue stripes. Had number 31 on the side, then took that off and put vertical blue painter tape, then red and blue painter tape on the right door / fender.

I have a couple, but still looking for the "right one".

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Just checking to see if anyone happens to have a picture of my car at the mile doing a run.

White / blue stripes. Had number 31 on the side, then took that off and put vertical blue painter tape, then red and blue painter tape on the right door / fender.

I have a couple, but still looking for the "right one".

pm Lucky Loser

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
pm Lucky Loser

OK

Tried but he is not set up to take PMs.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Contact info.

OK
Tried but he is not set up to take PMs.

Larry,

E-mail him at echavez777@gmail.com

Chip

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Larry,

E-mail him at echavez777@gmail.com

Chip

Got it.

Probably should delete his email (these two posts) from WWW view :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucky Loser

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2009
Got it.

Probably should delete his email (these two posts) from WWW view :thumbsup

Bah! gmail does a pretty good job of keeping email spam out.

I'll post some up in the picture thread. Email me if you like them.

actually my email address is echavez777@gmail.com

lucky 7s

Last edited:

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Do you think the Texas Mile will post the speeds on their web site of the GT Rally runs on the 15th along with the regular event times? Any word on this?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Do you think the Texas Mile will post the speeds on their web site of the GT Rally runs on the 15th along with the regular event times? Any word on this?

I know they will be posting the regular results by Monday. Not sure of the GT results. I would bet DBK could make that happen.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Any pictures from the Helicopter?

Lucky Loser

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2009
Not from me. I didn't know the Helicopter was for rent, I found out late saturday and he was heading home.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Bah! gmail does a pretty good job of keeping email spam out.

I'll post some up in the picture thread. Email me if you like them.

actually my email address is echavez777@gmail.com

lucky 7s

Peerfect. Thanks