Ray Hofman sets new World Record.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah. Honestly the in car still isn't that dramatic. What's shocking is the videos where 5th keeps popping out and the car still runs 250s. WTF!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
C
O
N
G
R
A
T
S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Ray and Jason & Crew.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
:thumbsupautomotive history right there! :thumbsup

congrats and thanks to Ray and Jason for putting the gt where it always belonged, on top!

Im more proud to own a ford gt as if that was possible.:cheers

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
First of all Thanks guys for all the support and comments on this thread. It truly shows why the FGT community is more of a family built around this car than any other "membership" on earth.

I am truly touched.

We just got in and cleaned up from a very hot and humid weekend so will keep it brief and post a thread and video in a couple of days when I get home...

Just wanted to thank first and foremost Jason Heffner and the Heffner crew, TJ, Zach, Aaron and John for all of their tireless effort, long hours, sleepless nights and fantastic workmanship... what a bad ass piece of machinery you guys have put together. Of all the cars I have driven and ever been around, nothing truly compares in my opinion to the FGT..
Thank you John Mihovetz of Accufab Racing for building the best heart and soul of any car I have ever had...
Thank you Naoto and Brian Sakata of Sakata Motorsports for an incredible tune, and absolutely stunning commitment to the end goal and an amazing display of expertise, work ethic and talent...
Thank you Chip Beck for joining us on this adventure and standing by my side supporting us every step of the way, sharing makers mark manhattans, working on the car, sleeping at the shop and just being on of my all around favorite people to call my friend... and thank you Chip as well for entrusting me with one of the most touching acts of trust and friendship I have ever experienced in arranging for Bony to ride with me down the mile...

The road to our 266 mph run was not with out speed bumps and obstacles. All of which were overcome through the concentrated and dedicated effort of everyone involved... I am truly blown away by the team of people that we have put together.. their ability to take on adversity head on, work together and smile while fixing the issues was incredible. Then best part.. I have made some incredible new friends, those mentioned and many more not mentioned..... true friends...

I am totally exhausted and will leave the full write up for when we get back home... Thanks again everyone...

Ray

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Truly awesome. I was excited blowing the doors of Mustangs all the to and from LA at Fabulous Fords today. Little did I know you guys were making these runs today. 2000hp? For the love of god.

Anyone, when do the aerodynamics fail on the GT? Without extra downforce is there a point where the front end begins to lift?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
FGT aero.

Anyone, when do the aerodynamics fail on the GT? Without extra downforce is there a point where the front end begins to lift?

There is no lift in the modern FGT. A stock GT's front suspension is fully compressed (bottomed out) from downforce at 205 mph.

Chip

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
So 300mph is no issue, no wing or any other aerodynamics would be needed at those speeds?

They are truly remarkable machines. I was the lone entrant GT at Fabulous Fords today. 1000 people must have posed with it. They are crowd pleasers and better to drive.

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
Can't believe the speed you guys are getting out of a 40 year old design. If there is ever a time the word awesome is appropriate, it's right now.
AWESOME!
MY JAW IS STILL ON THE FLOOR.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CONGRATS To Ray & co!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa

Pace Car

Aug 6, 2007
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats for a job well done and well deserved!!

:driving: What a spectacular job!! Congratulations Ray, Jason and all the crew. :cheers Sooooo proud of all of you!!! I know how hard everyone worked to make this happen. I truly wish I could have been there to see it, but I'm thankful to Chip for keeping me posted with almost hourly text updates.

Oh, and Chip will tell you that he would never have been able to go 220+ in Texas were it not for my superior taping skills, so when you're ready to go 300, just let me know. :biggrin :biggrin

Veronica

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
WTF - I'm there all day, and at around 3:30 pm finally leave a bit early for my 6 1/2 hr drive home. I get home and realize that I missed Ray's world 266 mph record run. Amazing.

For those who weren't there - the support and camaraderie around Ray's pit was amazing. Not to mention his team, there must have been 7-8 Forum members there either helping out, or hanging out to cheer them on. Guys flew in from Detroit, Arizona etc... to cheer on their bud. Very cool.

Congrats.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Makes ya fell even more fortunate to own a GT. Look forward to seeing some more videos of the run. You guys need to make a poster or something we can hang in our shops of the car making a run with the record time shone on it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats awesome !!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see the video
Congrats to you Ray man!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think this was 259 or 262 on thursday. It was right around 260.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Geez - that was like a rocket going by!

Big horsepower and bigger testicles!!!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Geez - that was like a rocket going by!

Big horsepower and bigger testicles!!!

Precisely

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Congrats

Congratulations to Ray and Jason and all involved. This is truly an amazing feat by a car that was only designed to go 205mph. Awesome!!!!!!!!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Amazing

Congratulations to Ray and Jason and all involved. This is truly an amazing feat by a car that was only designed to go 205mph. Awesome!!!!!!!!

I'll 2nd that.

Absolutely Amazing.

Congratulations.

:cheers

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I think this was 259 or 262 on thursday. It was right around 260.

Holy crap you guys are nuts for being that close LOL. This is Completely unbelieveable still. By the end of the year its going to be 30mph over the old record of last year. At these mph's that is retarded to overcome a record like that. I think we need to get the Genuis book of world records in texas in October:cheers

Congrats again to Ray, Jason/ Heffner, Sakata Motorsports/Naoto, Accufab/john Mahovetz and everyone else that was invovled........