Ray Hofman sets new World Record.

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
WOW! And another WOW! Congrats on a fine run. It sure was windy today. Congrats again.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
:lol

I'm waiting on piston/rod info to send to you. :thumbsup

Sweet and im not kidding about the crank, it plays a major role in what is happening and im pretty excited to be a part of it. That is a true story:)
So I can't say enough how happy i am for Ray and Jason as they both have Out did them selves and put together a Killer program and a unbelievable feat today. They Changed mile racing Today and a Ford will carry the banner for a long time.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

As I sit here typing on my iPhone, I am on top of Ray's motorhome to get cell service. This is an emotional day for all of us. Performance Power made one last run trying to catch Ray with everything screwed to the max. They crossed the line trailing smoke at 252.....day over. Team Peak & Heffner Performance are the new World Record Holders!!!

Chip

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'm stunned!! I was THERE, and left at 3:30. Missed the final run. Congratulations Ray and Jason (and thanks for the hospitality). Next time I'm staying until the stars come out.

Howard

Mar 15, 2006
Congrats guys. It takes close to 2000 hp to run those kind of speeds. Simply incredible.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Congrats to Ray and Jason. Think about this..for those that are running the mile at 160-170 Ray would pass you like your standing still :biggrin

Great Googly Moogly is that freaking fast.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Congrats guys. It takes close to 2000 hp to run those kind of speeds. Simply incredible.

:eek

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Awesome guys! congrats!

05fordgt

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2009
Congrats to Ray and Heffners performance!

I was next to this car all day at the Texas mile and can honestly say this car has more left in it.

HERE COMES 275MPH!

Ali

05fordgt

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2009
Cant wait to see the in car video!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Congrats! Sure wished I would have stayed and witnessed this awesome feat. Way to go--

TCT

Apr 24, 2006
I was expecting 270. Lame.

Kidding!!! :biggrin

Congrats!!! Truly epic in every way, shape and form.

This reminds me of when one of Jason built GTS's went 7.99 in the 1/4 mile making it the first Viper in the 7's.

Wish I was there this weekend as I remember the feeling and watching Jason that day at the drag strip. I bet this victory is even sweeter.

Congrats Ray and team Heffner. :cheers

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Congratulations to Ray, Jason, and crew. :cheers:cheers:thumbsup:thumbsup
Maybe I am going to have to get me one of those TT thingies..:wink

As I have it, FORD GTs hold at least One Two and Three positions for speed at the mile events, Kinda like it should be!:usa:usa:usa

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have a twin turbo ford Gt. I just watched Ray's GT put 60 MPH on what I ran in Goliad. AYFKM?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Congrats!

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Way to go Boys!!!!:cheers How much of an effect did the 18mph headwind have on the top speed?
John

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Team Peak lays it down.

I have a twin turbo ford Gt. I just watched Ray's GT put 60 MPH on what I ran in Goliad. AYFKM?

Ditto Dave. I was standing right by the finish line when Ray made his final pass. 4 mph slower than he ran Thursday while dialing everything in. But Thursday he didn't have a killer headwind. When Ray went by it sounded like an RPG round had just been shot by my right ear. The car was pushing over 280 mph of air out of the way and the wind noise was louder than the engine!! It made my TT GT look like a golf cart.
:cheers :cheers :cheers

Chip

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I don't know how to respond to such RECORDS.... I have to go outside for a smoke.... Wait! I don't even smoke!! DAMN. The word congrats doesn't seem very meaningful in this instance. Wow...

GTED

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
4 mph slower than he ran Thursday while dialing everything in. But Thursday he didn't have a killer headwind.

Wait, does that mean he ran 271 on thursday? :eek

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Left around 3:30 sorry we missed the final runs. Had a great time visiting with everyone. Here's a shot of Ray will post more tomorrow. Everyone have a safe trip home.

Attachments

• YELLOWGT.jpg
    YELLOWGT.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 4,456