Rally 6....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My lodging reservations have already been made! See you all there!!!

:cheers

I heard you and Jeff have already started to go to rally 6!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
OhBeFastOne-

give me a little break, only been home for 72 hours. Laundry isn't done yet. Body isn't sure what time zone I'm in. GT needs an oil change.

Besides I can't leave for Rally VI until after mid-January. When my little baby girl, Laura, has delivered her baby girl!

(Ralphie has reserved a tepee, with A/C, at the Ute Tribal campground. And it's only a 6 day walk across the desert to MMP)

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
My lodging reservations have already been made! See you all there!!!
:cheers

You're not going anywhere until mid April 2011, after the ski race season at Mammoth, and a few hangings of local scoundrels at the Side Door!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congrats to you jeff!

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
well since its "almost" in my backyard.....I will most likely be there....GT sold or not. I'll bring the GT40 if so....awesome track.

nice job DBK

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Like many others I have heard alot about MMP and now finally get to put the GT on her! YYYEEEEAAAHHHH!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Where is the lodging of choice guys? Ralphie?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Where is the lodging of choice guys? Ralphie?

I believe that Dave (DBK) is setting up the for the "Grand America" in Salt Lake City to be the "Rally Hotel." The MMP track at Tooele is an easy 30 mile drive from there. At SAAC 32, we stayed at "Little America," also in Salt Lake City and it's entrance is directly across Main Street from the entrance to "Grand America." I stayed there again this year for my last night on my return from Rally V, andwhen checking out, booked a Deluxe Garden Room there for the duration of Rally VI. It has a lot of parking, both outside and covered - with about 3 floors of parking under its tower building. My Garden room at SAAC 32 in 2007 is shown in the pictures below.

I don't know of any lodging in the Tooele area, but Googling "Lodging, Tooele, UT" shows that there are many places - a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Best Western top the list. The track has an extremely large paved paddock area, and I'm sure that Dave will make arrangements for trailer storage there.

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
OK In!

- Pe2unia, lets get a truck planned.......

H

HHGT

I have stayed in Tooele's hospitality many times. Small town and people are nice, but the accommodations are crap.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mad and Pe2unia, IndyGT and I might be interested in sharing a truck. DriveBy may also have interest.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
There is certainly no shortage of decent rooms in Salt Lake City since the Olympics were there.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
well since its "almost" in my backyard.....I will most likely be there....GT sold or not. I'll bring the GT40 if so....awesome track.

nice job DBK

Hi Somelee - I hope you can join us at Rally 6. My patient yesterday says he knows you - Andrew A.

Small world.

Ed

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I look fwd to making Rally VI.... I made I,II & III but have missed the last 2 and I need to up my average :)
Looks awesome

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I can't miss this one... Had a great time with the Viper nation at the same hotel, and tract last year! Great choice for a good Rally!!!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I know the rally will be 8 to 9 months away but has there been any dates set aside for the track time? What month will the rally be? Just trying to make sure I do not overlap any other trips.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Blake, last week in August. The dates are here someplace.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Aug 24th through the 27th if I remember correctly

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Thanks, I forund it on post #9. Do not know how I missed it. So now I know

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
The Woodward Ave Dream Cruise is Saturday August 20 with fun on Woodward starting on Tues August 16 and lasting thru the 20th.
1. Has anyone Trailered (F-150, 22ft enclosed trailer, GT in Trailer) from Detroit to Salt Lake.? If I attend the Dream Cruise and leave Detroit midday on Sunday August 21st, can I make it to Rally6 on Time..? (without driving more than 12 hours / day ?
Looking for advice for any experiences you have had.
andy
AJB