new standing mile record for Ford GT...or any other car

matt@performancepower

Permanent Vacation
Mar 15, 2010

here is the run from yesterday. We were actually just going to see how the car responded with the N20 but it seems the car likes it. Johnny mis-shifted and according to my logs did not hit the rpms we wanted but the good news is the car has alot left.

He took is daughter to lunch and ran around town all day in the car. Now we make some adjustments and should be ready to perform much better at the next event we are shooting for the mile run in april some time.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
that was wicked fast :eek welcome the site and congratulations on your new world record :cheers

you guys rock and i like the way you represented the GT :thumbsup

is that 8,500 rpm's that i see on your tach accurate and what gear ratio are you running in your transaxle?

Last edited:

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
Congrats!!! Glad the GT has finally taken the record!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Wicked vid!! Thanks for posting it and congrats on the record run!! :thumbsup :cheers

Lucky Loser

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2009
Well that's Florida NOT TEXAS! Texas is the standard..

JK! That is an insane run!! Congrats!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I ran :

Great Runs Torrie.. I finally got to ride in TT car.. :biggrin The power surge is addicting for sure ,, Thanks for the ride man !!! :banana

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

here is the run from yesterday. We were actually just going to see how the car responded with the N20 but it seems the car likes it. Johnny mis-shifted and according to my logs did not hit the rpms we wanted but the good news is the car has alot left.

He took is daughter to lunch and ran around town all day in the car. Now we make some adjustments and should be ready to perform much better at the next event we are shooting for the mile run in april some time.

Congratulations to John Bohmer, Matt and the whole Performance Power Team. :thumbsup I have seen this car being developed over the past couple of years. John has invested a lot of time money to bring the title to the GT world. Along the way he has learned a lot and developed some parts that may be of use to you high horsepower Guys. Good Job guys . I am sure you are elated to see your hard work pay off !

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great runs Torrie:thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Great Runs Torrie.. I finally got to ride in TT car.. :biggrin The power surge is addicting for sure ,, Thanks for the ride man !!! :banana

Next time you can drive it.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Great runs Torrie:thumbsup

Thanks man !!!

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008

Congrats, that's moving. I will do my best next week with my old Toyota..:biggrin Ever plan on running the 1/4 with it also?

I wonder what Ray's got going on for next week with the Heffner car?

SW

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Bingo, yes it has a custom gear box, Why IDK? A gt will go 268 in 5th at 8500rpms and i know they spin that thing pretty hard, so why waste all that money on a expensive trans? But 253 is flying:thumbsup

based on what you have said here then a GT with stock gearing should do 300 mph in 6th gear at 8,500 rpm's assuming he is running stock height tires. does anybody know what kind of wheels and tires he was running?

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Congrats John and Crew for taking the record with a GT!!!

Always heard that they would never do it HAHAHAHA :banana

Hope to be there next week with our car... have been trying for a long time and hope to get the car fired up this week.... won't leave much time for testing but should be there! :biggrin

on a good note we know the stock aero of the FGT holds the car down at 253mph!!!!

Matt, out of curiosity what tires were you running?

We will have similar HP but our tranny didn't come together as planned so will be going out there with stock tranny and gearing so no telling how that will hold up...

we should see :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
we are working with a one mile limit here, from a stand still!

I believe guy in the video said his max speed target of 300 is not for the standing mile, but more of the top speed it can reach on an very long road. I don't know if you can do 300 in mile without a jet engine and you would need some very special tires to attempt it!

That video is amazing! The tach moves so quickly between 6.5K and 8K in the 1st 4 gears unbelievable!

Last edited:

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations on the 253. That's awsome in any event let alone a standing one mile run. Looking at your engine bay in one of the videos leads me to believe you've put a lot of work, money and time into that car. I also believe that the 253 mph record will only stand until you run again. I agree that there should be a lot more speed to be had if you can maintain traction and hit the NOS just right.

What about the Mile and 1/2 runs they do down there with a rolling start? Were they not doing that this weekend? That could get scary in this car.

Bring it to Texas! I'd love to see it run.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
RWHP need to reach a given terminal velocity

Note this is assuming that the FGT's aerodynamic drag is not improved upon. The car needs to maintain the power level for as long as it takes to reach the desired speed without overheated, or failing. Not a small task. Also the tires will be heavily stressed and may fail before reaching the theoretical speeds. The Veyron tires are only good to 255 or so and cost a boat load!

Attachments

• RWHP vs. MPH.jpg
    RWHP vs. MPH.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
That is a great graph. He said in his interview that the 300 mark was not in the mile, but at bonneville which would make much more sense. With the car lowered as it is, wouldn't that inprove wind resistance, thus allowing slightly better mph with less HP? If he makes over 1700 on motor and he has a 300 shot of NOS he should be able to run the number. That kind of stress on internal parts sure will shorten the life of the engine. Still, it is an incredible accomplishment. Way to go!

Steve

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

you think???:lol that was a sick run, I just saw the vid, that is what my car aspires to be:biggrin great run and congrats. any info on the build, motor,tranny, turbos etc...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think your car had already proven that apparently the nitrous works. That 50 shot made you go from 185 to 217 right? :rofl

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I think your car had already proven that apparently the nitrous works. That 50 shot made you go from 185 to 217 right? :rofl

Yes its almost always a 50 shot. :cheers