GT Wipers with better visibility and looks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Pricing came in. Just a few bucks more than 2 years ago so not an awful increase. I have replied to all PMs received and will continue to do so. Will place parts order as soon as I reach 10 sets. I can order more parts after that but the initial order needs ten sets to get things going. Will keep everyone apprised of progress.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
JC, thx for the PM...just processed PayPal.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
JC is a very creative GT owner !
The shift boot and brake boot he designed and built are the bomb!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Pics or it didn't happen :wink

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
should have my pay pal its under downriver diesel

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
should have my pay pal its under downriver diesel

I sent you a PM.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
JC...I was trying to send you a pm, but your Inbox is full (popular guy!). Nonetheless, to answer your question.....it's me! :)

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Whew. Glad to know your funds are ok. Inbox cleaned out now....

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Pricing came in. Just a few bucks more than 2 years ago so not an awful increase. I have replied to all PMs received and will continue to do so. Will place parts order as soon as I reach 10 sets. I can order more parts after that but the initial order needs ten sets to get things going. Will keep everyone apprised of progress.

Are the Michelin Stealth Hybrid 8024 24" wiper blade inserts compatible with the new sets you are making? Thanks in advance.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Yes, the 8024 will fit but they do not have the airfoil shape to keep them on the windshield at higher speed. The 5024 does but its not intended for ice and snow. Yea, not so much a concern for this application.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
PP Sent. Thanks! :thumbsup

I used to run with the wipers removed with the cap of an aerosol brake cleaner can over the stub, but it looked like... well.. a brake cleaner cap. :bored So that didn't last long.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just a quick update to those anxiously awaiting wiper sets. The first 10 sets have been shipped. This fill orders paid by June 12. If you are in that group you should have received an email with tracking information. If not, PM me and I will look it up for you. Waiting on parts for the second batch. Those parts are due to me by June 30. Hope everyone enjoys.

Very sorry to hear you've sold your GT, your improvements are very useful! Before you disappear from the Forum please refresh my memory with the specifications (Brand. model) for the windshield wiper refills for your modified wipers. Thanks!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
The ones I supplied with the first batch (2013) were Michelin Stealth 5024. Those are no longer available. I got with my contact at Trico (who makes the arms) about possible other blades with the airfoil and low profile. We came up with a Trico OEM replacement part number that works perfectly.

Trico 24-1HB

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
JC,

I just received the wiper/blade assembly today and they look incredible. Is there any trick to removing the old ones and installing the new ones? Is the Michelin 8024 Hybrid 24" wiper blade the replacement blade for your newest wipers for those of us who will never see snow or ice? Thanks again for doing this for the Forum members. You're very gracious and quite the engineer/manufacturer.

Best regards,

Rick

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Longer one is passenger side. Lift old one to vertical position, pull release clip at base and they lift off. Bit of trial and error to get right position on new ones. Low as possible without hitting edge of hood. Hose hooks to factory connections. Driver side one is easier to reach from the rear through hinge area with driver door open.

Trico 24-1HB are the replacement blades you need.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just got a PM from a forum member asking about the availability of the wiper arms. As you may know, I no longer own a FGT as of this week. I am willing and can still make a few more sets if folks would like them but cannot say I will be here at FGT Forum all that much going forward. If anyone else would like to get a set of these wiper arms for their GT, and has not gotten round tuit, would suggest now might be a good time. I will place one more part order for these last few. PM me if you are interested.

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Before you leave the forum would you mind sharing the part numbers and processes for making the arms? Might be easier for someone coming across this in the future and wanting to do it themselves.

Thanks!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Received mine. Good job!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 347

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I have not used the revised wiper set so really can't comment on that however I did just remove my wipers totally and installed the caps that are for sale on ebay on WOW!@! I can't believe the difference in vision. it almost feels like a different car to drive. you really get the sight line down the hood. jmo