GT Wipers with better visibility and looks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I have shipped the first few sets. Assembling and packing more this weekend. I am really going to try and get them all shipped in time for delivery before Christmas.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Pricing came in. Just a few bucks more than 2 years ago so not an awful increase. I have replied to all PMs received and will continue to do so. Will place parts order as soon as I reach 10 sets. I can order more parts after that but the initial order needs ten sets to get things going. Will keep everyone apprised of progress.

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Sorry for going off topic but if anyone wants one, I have a set for a sale.
I just got it a few days ago and test fitted the set. Much improved over stock and it fits great but I've decided to go with wiper delete route.
I live in California and I don't think I will ever take the car out in rain.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
JC, thx for the PM...just processed PayPal.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
JC...I was trying to send you a pm, but your Inbox is full (popular guy!). Nonetheless, to answer your question.....it's me! :)

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
All orders paid by June 25 have now been shipped and tracking information sent. I do still have some in the works for orders placed after that.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Yes, yours are ready. PM sent.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Whew. Glad to know your funds are ok. Inbox cleaned out now....

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Sounds like the best approach might be to create a parts list and assembly instructions, as there seems to be quite a number of owners who would find these useful.
+1

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
just tried to Pm you and said you have surpassed the allowed PMs I guess you have been busy... anyway as mentioned before I will be interested in two sets please let me know best way to make the payment thanks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just letting everyone know I just got a shipping notice that a batch of arms are enroute to me, finally.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'd take a set as well.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just got the message that the inbox was full. I emptied old messages from years ago. Please try again. Thanks.

JKR

GT Owner
Great project, I'm interested PM sent :thumbsup
Thanks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
There is metal forming and refinish work involved, its not just a list of parts. I am building a few sets so far. PM me if you want them. I was afraid the numbers would get out of hand but that has not turned out to be the case. I'll get started building the few sets that are requested by this weekend and let the recipients chime in when they receive them. If more are requested past that, we will see where this goes. I can handle a few at a time.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just letting everyone know that all orders placed back in July and August have now been shipped and the purchasers sent tracking information. I still have a few sets to assemble for folk that purchased recently and will have a few more available if anyone still wants a set. PM me if you are interested or already purchased and did not get your tracking information.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Please don't let any engineers get involved.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
An FYI for folks that have bought these. Michelin has now upgraded the low profile wiper blade used for these to a new design with the high speed air foil incorporated into the support. A few of the last ones shipped have these new design blades but for those that got the previous ones, you can get the updated ones from Amazon at a pretty reasonable price. Some auto parts stores have them now too. You are looking for Michelin Stealth 24 inch hybrid suspension wipers. Note that these do not fit the stock arms without some rework but will work on my updated arms interchangably with the older design stealth wipers previously supplied. They run about $40 a pair shipped.
You mean my new wipers are already obsolete? :lol

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just got a PM from a forum member asking about the availability of the wiper arms. As you may know, I no longer own a FGT as of this week. I am willing and can still make a few more sets if folks would like them but cannot say I will be here at FGT Forum all that much going forward. If anyone else would like to get a set of these wiper arms for their GT, and has not gotten round tuit, would suggest now might be a good time. I will place one more part order for these last few. PM me if you are interested.