GT Wipers with better visibility and looks

sethgt

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2010
Hi Jc,
Just PM you with the hope that there might still be a set of wipers still available for my 2005 white/ blue stripe. I have owned my car since 2010 and just removed the drivers side sun visor today. What a difference in visibility. Would love to now switch the wipers.

Thanks,
Seth

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
any ETA on shipments yet? thanks

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'd be interested as well.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just a quick update to those anxiously awaiting wiper sets. The first 10 sets have been shipped. This fill orders paid by June 12. If you are in that group you should have received an email with tracking information. If not, PM me and I will look it up for you. Waiting on parts for the second batch. Those parts are due to me by June 30. Hope everyone enjoys.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
I just received the inbox full message. I would like a set also.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Last call, shutting down orders tonight and placing parts orders. Please don't say I did not post a warning. Once the order is placed I really cannot 'add one'.

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
I'm in for a set too.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Put me down for a set as well please. Hopefully TRW wants to play.

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
should have my pay pal its under downriver diesel

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
+1, I'm short. the wipers are a real pain. you might hate us now, but another PM on the way. I'll take parts list, instructions or anything you don't mind doing. (Have you run these at any speed yet?) thanks.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel and Central California
who made the carbon wipers?
http://www.exoticare.ca/fordgt/ Looks like they were discontinued... Maybe he will make some more??

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...nd-the-Ford-GT-s?highlight=low+profile+wipers

Last edited:

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I have not been past 160 with them. No tendency to lift or flutter up to that point. Someone else will have to do the real high speed testing or just remove the wipers for standing mile day.

Last edited:

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Since the Exoticare CF wipers project never came to market, I decided to see what I could do for better visability wiper arms/blades etc. Have tinkered more than a bit and tried lots of different combos and fabrications. I think I am close to something that is reasonable as a retrofit for these cars. I am not doing carbon fiber. Working with OEM suppliers Trico, Michelin and TRW plus a bit of fab work. I'll post some pics in a few days when my last few parts are in and a complete install can be shown. But I am pretty pleased with the results so far, just some pieces and parts to make it complete.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I am interested also, looks great

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
Payment sent.

Thanks,

George

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Thank you again for doing this for us and the update.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'll do some high speed testing. :)

pm sent

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Received the same message last night and this morning. If they are still available to order, I would like two sets please. Thanks.

Mike

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Cleared my inbox. Sorry guys.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Anxious to see your results!