GT Wipers with better visibility and looks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
You are very welcome. I have actually enjoyed this project and the Forum has proved to be a great bunch of guys to deal with. I was very aprehensive before I started this but glad I was able to contribute to the group in some small way.

As the numbers of orders have been small and manageable, I have no problem continuing to make these available if folks want them. Just pm me for details. Just be aware that patience is involved with small orders from an OEM supplier.

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Sorry for going off topic but if anyone wants one, I have a set for a sale.
I just got it a few days ago and test fitted the set. Much improved over stock and it fits great but I've decided to go with wiper delete route.
I live in California and I don't think I will ever take the car out in rain.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Status Update.

Just got word that arms for orders placed through Dec 15th are shipping to me today. I will likely get them mid next week and do the fab work over the weekend. Sorry this takes so long...peskey holidays, everyone wants time off.....

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Got mine and THANK YOU. Quite professionally made, simple installation, and - best of all - I can actually see through the bottom 2" of the windshield. May not sound like much to some, but from the driver's seat, this means you can see the fenders a bit, while the wiper arms are nested more into the 'black' of the windshield surround. Fabulous job.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
So glad you like them. Great to be able to contribute in some small way to this the folks in this forum. I have certianly gotten quite a bit out :)

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I really like mine too !! Great quality and a great product !!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
UPS guy just dropped boxes of wiper parts. Looks like I have enough parts to complete all orders placed through 12/15. I plan to work on them this weekend and get them shipped. Will forward tracking information when I generate shipping labels.

Finally getting close to caught up. Thanks for the patience.

M_FGT

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2013
PM sent

Hgs911

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2012
Philadelphia Pa
Neww ownerlooking for windsield wiper options

Last week I got an 06 GT and am looking for performance upgrades including exhaust pully etc but one of first things I noticed when driving the car is the windshield wipers. If you are still able to provide I would like a set. please respond and if you can let me know how to order .

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I am still building them for folks. Send me a PM and I'll fill you in. Oh, and congrats on the new GT!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Slipped these on today.

Old:

5D3_3634.jpg

New:

5D3_3636.jpg

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Glad to see them installed!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Glad to see them installed!

They look great JC. I'm regretting not getting on the boat of this one.

Vince H

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Still building them if you want.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Still building them if you want.

Yes I do! PM sent. Thanks for the offer.

Vince H

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Count me in for a set, PM sent

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
All orders that I have recieved payment for are being shipped today. Everyone should have recieved an email with tracking information except our friend in Qatar, I will have that tracking number this evening. Wife had to ship it in person to file customs forms.

I ended up with one extra set if anyone wants one without waiting...this is it. PM me.

I will still be glad to order parts and build these for folks that want them going forward.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
PM sent.

They work!

Installed my new ones a while ago, and got caught in some rain a few days ago. They work really well! And I can see what's in front of me now, too!

Great item to have.

Cheers
David

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
An FYI for folks that have bought these. Michelin has now upgraded the low profile wiper blade used for these to a new design with the high speed air foil incorporated into the support. A few of the last ones shipped have these new design blades but for those that got the previous ones, you can get the updated ones from Amazon at a pretty reasonable price. Some auto parts stores have them now too. You are looking for Michelin Stealth 24 inch hybrid suspension wipers. Note that these do not fit the stock arms without some rework but will work on my updated arms interchangably with the older design stealth wipers previously supplied. They run about $40 a pair shipped.