GT Wipers with better visibility and looks

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
J C Thorne, I just received my new low profile wipers. They look like OEM quality. Thank you so much for doing this for all of us.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
I was in the process of doing something similar with an extra factory one that I bought but haven't had time. Very interested in what you have done. PM sent.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
On another thread there was expressed some interest in these low profile wipers again. If there is enough interest to get a parts order together (about 10 sets) I'd be happy to build a few more. I'll verify pricing on the parts as its bound to have changed in 2 years.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
On another thread there was expressed some interest in these low profile wipers again. If there is enough interest to get a parts order together (about 10 sets) I'd be happy to build a few more. I'll verify pricing on the parts as its bound to have changed in 2 years.
I would be honored to have at lest one set, maybe two depending on the price. You can post or PM me.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Any up-date on the wipers? I'm looking forward to getting them on the GT.
Still awaiting shipment of the arms. There was a delay with the supplier and our (very small) order got pushed back. Now expecting shipment by end of month. Sorry for the delays but they are indeed coming.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Very welcome. I am so glad this came together. When the tooling for the original arms was lost, I about gave up. So sorry it took so long to get it going again. Thanks for hanging in there.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
I'd like a set too.

Thanks.

DJ.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I would be interested in a set

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Thank you for the update. Again, appreciate you doing this again.

ben

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
All orders paid by July 05 have now shipped. I am expecting the next batch of part in around Aug 3. I can still order parts for these so if anyone wants a set, just PM me.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
would truly like to purchase a set of your wipers. hopefully this thread will resurrect for others who may be interested. hopefully we can still get some. thanks

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
PM sent

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Pics or it didn't happen :wink

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Resolved...

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
OK, no stock Lincoln wipers.

Just picked up the last couple parts to finish the project and took some quick pics. Much improved visability. I have front fenders that I have never seen from the driver seat! Heck, I can see the gas cap and the center of the hood. From my driving position, the wipers are now almost completely below line of sight to edge of hood and fenders, IE no longer blocking view at all. They are also a much cleaner look with the hybrid Michelin support assemblies and new reshaped Trico arms. Even the spray nozzles are out of sight. See what you think:

IMAG0351.jpgIMAG0344.jpgIMAG0345.jpgIMAG0348.jpg

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I will check with TRW and see if I can still order the custom arms. If I can, would be happy to make up some if there are folks that want them.

DieselDr

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
I wold like a set for sure. The stock ones are terrible.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Awesome JC!

I know you have a full plate, are you thinking you will make a few for others? If so, I am in.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
West Texas
Sent PM. Thanks!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
These are PRIMO pieces. Feel fortunate to get a set.

Only thing better is no wiper if you can swing it.