donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
PM sent.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Please don't let any engineers get involved.
:lol

Funds sent.

Thank you James

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Status Update.

Just got word that arms for orders placed through Dec 15th are shipping to me today. I will likely get them mid next week and do the fab work over the weekend. Sorry this takes so long...peskey holidays, everyone wants time off.....

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
An FYI for folks that have bought these. Michelin has now upgraded the low profile wiper blade used for these to a new design with the high speed air foil incorporated into the support. A few of the last ones shipped have these new design blades but for those that got the previous ones, you can get the updated ones from Amazon at a pretty reasonable price. Some auto parts stores have them now too. You are looking for Michelin Stealth 24 inch hybrid suspension wipers. Note that these do not fit the stock arms without some rework but will work on my updated arms interchangably with the older design stealth wipers previously supplied. They run about $40 a pair shipped.
http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-8024...3171520&sr=8-7&keywords=Michelin+Stealth+inch

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
any word on the wiper orders yet?? just asking. thanks

M_FGT

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2013
All orders that I have recieved payment for are being shipped today. Everyone should have recieved an email with tracking information except our friend in Qatar, I will have that tracking number this evening. Wife had to ship it in person to file customs forms.

I ended up with one extra set if anyone wants one without waiting...this is it. PM me.

I will still be glad to order parts and build these for folks that want them going forward.
:biggrin Thanks Jcthorne

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Before you leave the forum would you mind sharing the part numbers and processes for making the arms? Might be easier for someone coming across this in the future and wanting to do it themselves.

Thanks!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Had some trouble with the first proof set and sent them back for revision. Expect next set any day now. I had expected them to just build more from the jigs/tooling developed originally but found out later that the jigs could not be found so they had to build new ones from the sketches we originally started with. So far they have agreed to do so without additional cost since they should not have disposed of the jigs. Sorry for the delays. I have all the blades, nozzles, the special 3mm hose. Just need the arms with correct dimensions.

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
just installed VERY NICE ty

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Get these while you can
Great guy and great product
All done just for the passion of it'

Reactions: jcthorne

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
thanks for the update!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Please don't let any engineers get involved.
No wipers for you.....:)

Yesterday I could not spell enganar

now I r one

Its all good.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for doing this. Just installed mine. Weather is too crappy to drive but they look much cleaner and totally OEM. :thumbsup

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Slipped these on today.

Old:

5D3_3634.jpg

New:

5D3_3636.jpg

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Glad to see them installed!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
You are very welcome. I have actually enjoyed this project and the Forum has proved to be a great bunch of guys to deal with. I was very aprehensive before I started this but glad I was able to contribute to the group in some small way.

As the numbers of orders have been small and manageable, I have no problem continuing to make these available if folks want them. Just pm me for details. Just be aware that patience is involved with small orders from an OEM supplier.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Glad to see them installed!
They look great JC. I'm regretting not getting on the boat of this one.

Vince H

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Received mine. Good job!

Attachments

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
John ,
Sign me up! I know the kind of work you do.
Ron

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Still building them if you want.