Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Very cool work, Thank you Super B!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Any body putting together groups for our free night for dinner and cigars and MAKERS? The new issue of Smoke magazine has a feature on Newport.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Any body putting together groups for our free night for dinner and cigars and MAKERS? The new issue of Smoke magazine has a feature on Newport.

I bring a handful of OPUS-X's:biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I bring a handful of OPUS-X's:biggrin

UBDAMAN
:thumbsup :bow :thumbsup
:banana :party :party :banana

:cheers

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Brian, that poster looks great!!! :thumbsup Thanks for taking the lead on that again this year. Great job! :cheers See you in CA!!!:banana :banana :banana

MJ

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Gave me chills when I opened up the Rally Banner file.

Nice work!!!

Mar 15, 2006
Watch out for cops on the PCH. I was in Laguna Beach last weekend and cops were all over the place. if you want a fun road to run in the OC take the Ortega Hwy over the mountain. thats a fun drive.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
PCH Drivers - Ok, here are the updated plans for driving to the Rally. Leave Monterey at 7am, then arrive in San Luis Obispo at 10am & lunch in Santa Barbara at 12 noon. Piani & Black Ice will take 101 & meet us in Santa Barbara at 12 noon. We need a restaurant or fast food place to meet at in Santa Barbara. We are suppose to meet Woboose in Malibu around 1:30pm. Newport Beach should be around 3pm. The times are changed due to some drivers concerns about mass traffic in SoCal after 3pm. I hope this will wprk for all. Let me know.

Ed

What is the best road/route to take from Santa Barbara to Malibu, or Newport Beach. If we are running on time to meet Woboose (where in Malibu) is hwy 1 the best road. IF we are running late (beyond 1:30pm) and bypass Malibu what are the best roads to use? 101 to 405, or stick on Hwy 1?

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Sorry for the delay with this reply. We were still in the planning stage. It looks like we'll be leaving from 92 at 280 approx. 6:30am Wednesday. We'll be going 101 to Santa Barbara where we will Meet Ed Simms and I believe two other GT's. From there we may go to Malibu or straight to Newport Beach, depending on the time. What time are you leaving and which route are you taking?
Tom

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
This reply is to you Demo Man.
Tom

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Woboose and I live int he area, my suggestion is to stay on PCH HWY 1, you take the Rice Exit coming out of Ventura and into Oxnard, then connect to the PCH, you save youself a trememdous amount of 101 traffic into the San Fernando Valley and to the 405, which it the busiest freeway interchange in the world (101 and the 405). You also save yourself the hassle of driving over the Sepulveda Pass. So exit 101 to the PCH at Oxnard then head to Woboose's house. THe PCH is easy into Santa Monica with essentially no traffic at that time of day. Pick up I-10 in Santa Monica and then it is about 4 easy miles to the 405 south to Newport.

:thumbsup

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
yup atomic

I totally agree with Atomic's directions into Malibu.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Ed et al. bring a GPS, get Woboose's address from him by PM, and take the Rice Exit ( several gas stations, restrooms, and Service Station accessories), off the 101, turn right and head for the PCH. It is a breeze into Malibu. You may want to grab some seafood at Neptune's Net on the Ventura - LA County line. Big Friendly Biker place but on a Wednesday should be close to empty, easy in and out, and the food is pretty good. Park on the ocean side of the PCH and cross the street. Recommend the steamed shrimp or Alaskan Crab Legs, and the deep fired oysters are excellent. No menus, serve your self, fast and back on the PCH, no hassles.

http://www.neptunesnet.com/

:thumbsup

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
PCH drive

Thanks Atomic GT & Woboose! Cannibal will be driving separately so it looks like Eric, Issak GT & me for the Monterey to Newport PCH drive. Pinani & Black Ice will be taking the meow way down 101 until they meet us in Santa Barbara. I have an appointment with the GT Guys that night (Wed) so we must keep to the schedule but it will be fun & scenic.

Ed

PS I'll PM you Woboose.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Just to make sure Dave got my message, I am OUT for this event. So sorry I'm going to miss this and I hope you'll all have a BLAST!! Have a drink for me! :thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The rally has begun in Scottsdale

While things may still be quiet in Newport Beach, things are already rocking in Scottsdale, Arizona where the GT Guys have been hard at work for the last two days. They have set up shop at Larry's beautiful North Scottsdale home where six GT's are staged, each awaiting its turn under "the master's hands". For those who have not seen the GT Guys in action, it's pretty amazing. When a master technician has performed a given task countless times, they are not only very good at it, they are very fast. Imagine how long it would take most of us to install the Accufab halfshaft bolts, magnetic drain plugs, oil and filter change, Hefner Pulley and tune, Ford racing transaxle cooler, Ford racing short shifter, Shadowman's cool speaker box, replace the Mac speaker box with the stock Ford GT glovebox between the seats, Accufab X-pipe, and Accufab air inlet support. It would take me a bloody week! :ack They did all of this in just a few hours without a single scratch, and the work of course is perfect! :thumbsup You have to see it to believe it. Now my screaming yellow GT has a lot more snap and snarl to it, perhaps I can even keep Bony in sight. Larry has been the perfect host providing lots of food and a fine selection of imported beers. :cheers The first trailers have arrived at my home stuffed full of GTs. Piccola and Steve are rolling into town in Heritage #65 as we speak. And my cell phone is ringing off the hook. We are having a blast! This hoard will launch for California on Wednesday, but right now at least, Scottsdale is the place to be. :cheers

Chip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings,
Will see all tomorrow afternoon. Getting excited.
Cheers,
daniel

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Sorry Mr. Biggs

BiggsGT, sorry you will not be able to make the California event. :(
Was looking forward to seeing you again...
Next time....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
no biggs? maybe we should all cancel!

Tell me your just pulling our chains? You gotta make it! It won't be an official event without you!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wednesday Night/ Ford Employees

Just wanted to remind everyone....

Registration packets and info will be handed out Wednesday night. We'll be in the Bambu Garden from 6pm until at least 9pm outside near the front of the hotel. You can't miss it. We'll have several cars in there and we should fill it with people. I know Todd Kern and Mike Dobbs will be closing it down, so if you want to test your limits, look for those two. Three cheers for no 6 AM wake up times this year!!!!

Second, here's your final list of Ford GT Team member attendees:

Jamal Hameedi
Gene Martindale
Mark McGowan
Alex Szilagyi
Kip Ewing
Camilo Pardo
Chris Theodore
Rich Brooks
Dennis Breitenbach

Got in John Pfeiffer at the last minute (who was instrumental in making the first national event happening at Wixom), and Chris Theodore is now at Saleen so he will make a few appearances! I'm very happy we could end up bringing out this many guys to come bring a bit of Detroit and the program to the west coast. At the end of the program the team really scattered, so it will be tremendous to have so many back together regaling everyone with tales of the production. The stuff these guys have to share really is a priceless piece of owning the car.

On another note, Ford is sending out 2 of the 3 centennial cars, so there will be a really nice piece of history have 2 of the only 3 2004 cars. :cheers

P.S, I made it from Detroit to Newport Beach in 46 hours including two sleep stops, in an underpowered F-150 hauling 6500 lbs through the Colorado Rockies and mountains of Utah. It can be done, though I should have heeded my own advice and took the more boring route.. Unfortunately you end up going 40 mph up a lot of hills with the RPM's screaming :lol Get a SuperDuty if you intend on doing this!