Ford GT National Rally II! Details/Registration

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome to the kal-fool-nia! See you Wednesday!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
you made it

Thanks so much for all your hard work. Get some rest for the week ahead. None of those all night clubs until we get there

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
While things may still be quiet in Newport Beach, things are already rocking in Scottsdale, Arizona where the GT Guys have been hard at work for the last two days. They have set up shop at Larry's beautiful North Scottsdale home where six GT's are staged, each awaiting its turn under "the master's hands". For those who have not seen the GT Guys in action, it's pretty amazing. When a master technician has performed a given task countless times, they are not only very good at it, they are very fast. Imagine how long it would take most of us to install the Accufab halfshaft bolts, magnetic drain plugs, oil and filter change, Hefner Pulley and tune, Ford racing transaxle cooler, Ford racing short shifter, Shadowman's cool speaker box, replace the Mac speaker box with the stock Ford GT glovebox between the seats, Accufab X-pipe, and Accufab air inlet support. It would take me a bloody week! :ack They did all of this in just a few hours without a single scratch, and the work of course is perfect! :thumbsup You have to see it to believe it. Now my screaming yellow GT has a lot more snap and snarl to it, perhaps I can even keep Bony in sight. Larry has been the perfect host providing lots of food and a fine selection of imported beers. :cheers The first trailers have arrived at my home stuffed full of GTs. Piccola and Steve are rolling into town in Heritage #65 as we speak. And my cell phone is ringing off the hook. We are having a blast! This hoard will launch for California on Wednesday, but right now at least, Scottsdale is the place to be. :cheers

Chip

Chip and Everyone, I'm sorry I won't make it to this event - I had committed to attend the Bike Rally at Sturgis with friends of mine a year ago and the GT Rally fell right on top of it. I'll really miss seeing you all but I'm sure I'll make the next one! Have a great time and be SAFE!
Cheers:cheers
Dave

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great to see the list of Ford guys making the trip out. It just wouldn't be the same without these guys.

See you Wednesday. I am heeding your advice and towing with my Diesel Superduty...:biggrin

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I hope I can make it Wed night

I have a GT Guys appointment for Wednesday night so I hope I can make it to the Ford GT Team gathering at the Fairmont. I'll check in to the hotel around 4pm but am not sure when the bumper delete will be done. Sometime that night. I may drop off the GT & take a cab back to the hotel.

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ed, I don't know my way around there, but I have a rent a car and will gladly pick you up if I have directions. Will PM my cell phone. FJP

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That's Ok boys, we don't need any more trailer queens.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
final PCH drive to rally schedule

Issak GT is taking Hwy 101 with a few other Central Valley GTs direct to Newport Beach.

Cannibal is taking I-5 earlier (something to do with a girl!). He may meet us in Malibu.

Black Ice & Piani are taking 101 from the Bay Area & will meet us in Santa Barbara. Meow!

Here is the schedule:

6:30am Monterey
154 miles
9:30am San Luis Obispo
111 miles
11:30am Santa Barbara
71 miles
1pm Malibu
79 miles
2:30pm Newport Beach

Total is 415 miles/8 hrs driving. This is if there isn't a lot of time spent at each town. I know we may spend up to 30 minutes at each site with some stops along the way so call me on my cell to check our progress along the route. I plan on doing the speed limit most of the time & enjoying the scenery of the beautiful Pacific Ocean.

PM me for my cell # & the exact address of our stops if you want to join us along the way. Drive safe.

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
GT Team members-Dave note

Dave...99% sure Rich Roback (sp) and wife will be attending. (GT Tech-Wixom). We trailered a while with them on I-44 on the way out . He is planning on coming from Scottsdale.
andy benedict

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Finally Rolling

July 30, 2007

5:00am Central Time

Finally, leaving the Ranch heading for Scottsdale.:thumbsup

Running late as usual.:bang

Will be High-Balling it straight threw.:eek

See the Scottsdale group this evening.:cheers

See others in Newport Beach Wednesday.:cheers

Woopie !!

:banana :banana :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Leaving in twenty minutes for Scottsdale, gas, pee-pee stops ONLY, and hopefully none by the Arizona Highway Patrol. See you folks soon.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Bye Bye Bony...

Hey, with the moderator away.....
Let the games, uh... errr... postings begin!!!!

(Oh dang! he has a Blackberry....)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ed-Dr. Frank,
Let me know if you need to borrow my GPS unit.
Thanks.
Daniel

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave...99% sure Rich Roback (sp) and wife will be attending. (GT Tech-Wixom). We trailered a while with them on I-44 on the way out . He is planning on coming from Scottsdale.
andy benedict

Good news. I thought he had originally planned on coming but I hadn't heard from him in a while. I knew he was busy trying to relocate...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK Bony

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Ed,
Do we have a meeting place in Santa Barbara yet? BlackICE and I, alias meows, are leaving Clinton's at 6:30am and that should get us in SB 11:30ish.
Tom

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
July 30, 2007

5:00am Central Time

Finally, leaving the Ranch heading for Scottsdale.:thumbsup

Running late as usual.:bang

Will be High-Balling it straight threw.:eek

See the Scottsdale group this evening.:cheers

See others in Newport Beach Wednesday.:cheers

Woopie !!

:banana :banana :banana

It shouldn't be too bad. I drove 55-60 from Austin and made Phoenix in 19.5 hrs. You can probably knock it down to about 13 or 9 if you guys stopped smoking. I wish I was going with you. I was watching a Sammy Hagar video Saturday and it hit me. Sammy and Michael Anthony both have GTs. Maybe they will show.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Just to make sure Dave got my message, I am OUT for this event. So sorry I'm going to miss this and I hope you'll all have a BLAST!! Have a drink for me! :thumbsup

Hey bigs lets have a mini rally. I'll meet you in Abilene or San Angelo. I'm sure we will have a better time and see more interesting scenery.

We have a big car show on Saturday in North Austin. You are always welcome.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona is frickin hot!!! The trip was great driving at night with a full moon. :thumbsup it was awesome .... driving through Texas was the slowest part. 65 at night with COPS everywhere. NM was 75 ... meaning 85 was an easy cruise. Had one small problem with a semi-cutting me off ... small rock chips in the front windshield now :ack Thank God for glass replacement insurance.
Arizona on 40 was a cruise ... driving down 17 there was a nasty speed trap (hiding in the grass... standing in the weeds shooting LASER) But the force was with us and the did not get the 65 car!

The car was the first in the hotel ... did the 1284 miles in about 15 hours. Got some sleep and gave her a bath this morning. Nice red w/stripe cannuck sitting next to her this am.

Where's everyone else? The beer is cold and so is the pool.

S

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am in palm springs eatting breakfast. Expect to hit the hotel by 3pm. How much do you charge for a wash? :)