Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
gas stops that promote no waiting and clean bathrooms

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
gas stops that promote no waiting and clean bathrooms

hell.... I'm a marine...I can take a wizz at the pump! remember what Gunny Hiway said.. "improvise, over come, adapt" :lol

No doze is for wimps... we used tobasco sauce as eye drops before .... that works. :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
AJB, I don't know if you saw my earlier posts on getting around St. Louis. Take I-270 (in Troy, IL) across the Mississippi towards Kansas City/Memphis.
Continue south until you hit I-44 West (near Fenton, MO). Personally, I think the road through Indy and coming in on I-70 is the better bet. Remember, towing vehicles are limited to 55mph, and the IL State Police like to remind you of that.

I'm sure Steve would like to give you the Precious Moments tour in Joplin like he did for DBTGT, Spirit and Silverbullitt.

Frank

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I'm sure Steve would like to give you the Precious Moments tour in Joplin like he did for DBTGT, Spirit and Silverbullitt.

Frank

Your such a funny guy ..... I use to have a kinder gentler side. operative words there "use to".:biggrin

see you in california frank .... bring your boobs with you. :rofl

S

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Ive done the route twice in the past 2 weeks.

I'm leaving Michigan early on the 25th for the return trip. Watch for lots of construction on the Oklahoma turn pike between Tulsa and the Missouri line. TIGHT LANES (about 6" between the trailer and barriers on each side.) 6000 miles in 16 days. Home for 4 days, then leave for Scottsdale, and the rally in LA. I'll NEVER get unpacked. :thumbsup

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Thanks for the advice.

Frank and Rich..thanks for the information..

Frank..do they POST the 55 mph for trailers or just let you find out the hard way?
Rich..how many miles of construction? Will you be pulling the big white trailer? Mine is pewter and I am pulling with the Expedition.

GT is in the trailer, suitcases ready to go and we will leave tomorrow at 9am I hope..
AJB

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, the speed limit is posted on separate signs for trucks and towing vehicles all acros the state. Be very careful of new motorcycle cop teams using laser. Have your money ready for the OK turnpike from Tulsa to OKC. DO NOT DRIVE INTO SMOKE!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Steve, I'm afraid to go through baggage check with those babies on.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If you Google map 4500 MacArthur Blvd said:
Just went to google earth.... who is that guy in the hot tub with the three ladies??:lol :banana :lol

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Just went to google earth.... who is that guy in the hot tub with the three ladies??

That's me Bony.... and it was 4 ladies.....

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
It looks like you are hooked up with Larry ans Richard for the trip down. My GT along with one other will be trucked down. We will not be driving this trip. I think there is at least one other that may be trucked down also. If I hear of any others driving down through Fresno, I will let you know.

Yes Jerry, Larry K. called me this morning and got me squared away on the departure from Fresno. Sounds like we may have 4 cars in our group. :thumbsup

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Rally II

Three GT's will be leaving S.F. on Wed. am if anyone want's to tag along. Looking forward to seeing the group again, it's been to long. Bringing along a couple newbees with their rides.

Rick Jeffery

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Hey, I am trying to pack here so I can ship stuff out to California tomorrow. Does anyone have a frickin itinerary for this thing? If so its buried in this post somewhere ...HELP!

thanks
Steve

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Steve, go to the very first listing in this thread, where registration is at. There is a rough idea what's going on on a daily basis. Just remember your tux for Saturday night.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Steve, go to the very first listing in this thread, where registration is at. There is a rough idea what's going on on a daily basis. Just remember your tux for Saturday night.

great .... if that is it ...don't we have a better one than that? I'll remember to stop off at venice beach and buy a tux t-shirt.

S

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Demolition Man,
What time are you leaving and where are you meeting? Have you been following the messages and advice of the Socal guys? We're still trying to work out a good itinerary and departure time so we don't wind up int traffic jams down south. (BlackICE, Piana and Ed Simms) I believe Canibl is going down 5 to pick-up his girl friend in L.A.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Itinerary

Wednesday Evening:
Cocktails, hors doeuvres, and registration at the Fairmont: 6pm-10pm
Can't miss it, it's in the outdoor garden.

6pm-10pm cocktails and registration.

Thursday:
Saleen School of Speed at El Toro
Begins 10AM ends mid to late afternoon (Saleen put no end time. They want to make sure everyone gets a shot in their products and at the AutoX). Evening is free. Call it 10AM-4PM. Lunch will be served on site by Saleen.

10AM-4PM Saleen School of Speed at El Toro.

Friday:
Depart on Road Rally. You are on your own for this one. I plan on leaving at 10 AM. If you leave later, you will hit mid day traffic on the 15 heading up to the craziest roads. If you leave at this time you should have time to take it easy, enjoy the roads, and get to the Petersen with plenty of time to spare. Maps and step by step instructions will be included. The route from Newport to the Petersen is ~250 miles.

Whether or not you choose to take the route, the Petersen Automotive Museum event runs from 6pm-10pm. Dinner will be provided at the museum.

10AM road rally departure
6PM-10PM Petersen Automotive Museum event

Saturday:
Cars and Coffee runs from 7AM-9AM. Immediately thereafter, Saleen has invited us to their retail facility down the street for coffee and donuts and the chance to take home one of their $2000 Ford GT tables. You have to be there if you want a chance at it.

We will depart via motorcoach (for those who don't want to drive, and I highly recommend it because there is NOWHERE for 100 GT's to park down on the beach in Newport. And you can blow off some steam with a ride there and back) from the Fairmont to the bay for the yacht cruise at ~5:30 pm. We have the yacht from 6PM-10PM. Dinner will be served on the yacht.

7AM-9AM Cars and Coffee
Immediately thereafter - Saleen Retail Facility
6PM-10PM Yacht Cruise

Wednesday: 6pm-10pm cocktails and registration
Thursday: 10AM-4PM Saleen School of Speed at El Toro.
Friday: 10AM road rally departure, 6PM-10PM Petersen Automotive Museum event
Saturday: 7AM-9AM Cars and Coffee ,Immediately thereafter - Saleen Retail Facility, 6PM-10PM Yacht Cruise

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
thanks .... it helps to see it on paper ... makes trying to fit everything into a box or the GT. also knowing what to place where. If the gt had a trunk at least as big as my lotus elise it would not be an issue.

S

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
DBK- thanks for the updated itinerary. One question- are we still going to have tours of the main Saleen factory as well as the activiities at El Toro on Thursday?:confused

Last edited:

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Demolition Man,
What time are you leaving and where are you meeting? Have you been following the messages and advice of the Socal guys? We're still trying to work out a good itinerary and departure time so we don't wind up int traffic jams down south. (BlackICE, Piana and Ed Simms) I believe Canibl is going down 5 to pick-up his girl friend in L.A.

Piana,

I live in the East Bay near walnut creek. Where are you? What time do you guys plan on leaving? The earlier the better for us.

Demolition Man