Ford GT Forum 200 mph Club & Standing Mile Results

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats FlagstaffGT! Bob Ida & I knew you could do it! I wish I could've been there.

Special Ed

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Cool nice job, hope I get to do it someday.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
[*]TEXAS GT: 223.007 mph - Texas Mile - Heffner TT
[*]Tmcphail: 221.7 mph - Miami Mile - FPN/Unleashed Tuning TT
[*]Shelby#18: 221.2 mph - Mojave extended run-1.5 mile - Heffner TT
[*]Soroush: 221 mph - Texas Mile - Built Motor + Whipple + n2o
[*]Cody@A.R.T: 221 mph - A.R.T TT
[*]Chip Beck: 220.1 mph - Texas Mile - Heffner TT
[*]nota4re: 218.6 mph - Mojave extended run - Heffner TT/Cooltech
[*]pe2unia: 213.5 MPH - Mojave Mile - Heffner TT/3.90 gears
[*]Fast Freddy: 213.0 mph - Mojave extended run-1.5 mile
[*]BlackIce: 212.5 mph - Mojave extended run- Whipple + Stillen 3.90
[*]Mark McGowan: 211.89 mph - Nardo, Italy - Stock
[*]Sandman: 210.3 mph - Mojave extended run - Whipple + Stillen 3.90
[*]W. Mitty: 210.1 mph - Mojave extended run - Whipple
[*]DBK: 208.6 mph - Texas Mile - Heffner TT
[*]GT4JR: 206.7 mph - Mojave extended run - Whipple
[*]FlorIdahoChris: 206.6 - Exotics Rally Mile, FL - Heffner TT
[*]Stormcat: 206 mph - 2 mile airstrip - Pulley/Tune/Exhaust
[*]Hollywoodstunts: 205.9 mph - Mojave extended run - Pulley/Tune
[*]FGT1987: 205.7 mph - Race the Base, Alberta
[*]Ed Sims: 205.6 mph - Mojave extended run - Whipple + Stillen 3.90
Hughes:[/b] 201.7 mph - Texas Mile
[/list]

Ed Sims: 222.1 mph - Mojave extended run - Whipple + Accufab + 91 octane

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Congratulations, Special Ed.

What's next?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
To see what the new GT will do in the Mile!

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
To see what the new GT will do in the Mile!

Ed

I will let you know very soon!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Slaying the Last Dragon

Good Afternoon Gentlemen and Ladies,

Well I have been away from this forum for a bit. Have had more free time than ever to spend in the real world traveling with my lovely wife and enjoying the company of friends so much the past couple of years that I have been neglecting the "virtual" world.

That said during this past few years we have still been putting on small invitational events out at Mojave and yesterday .....after quite a few events and way too many tickets that said 239 :lol I finally cracked 240 three times with a top run of 241.3MPH!! I know that seems like a mundane speed with the stuff Mark has been doing.....which is completely amazing by the way :thumbsup:thumbsup .... but to me it was like scoring the game winning goal in the Stanley Cup finals!! I have to admit after doing these events since 2010 in public and private settings it is still ridiculous fun. The camaraderie of the other participants just seems to get better every year and well.....let's just say I am happy and grateful for all of those people who make life worth living so it moved me to type a post.

You know about 3 years ago I considered selling my GT and put it on the market then walked back from the edge because I knew it was the most unique car I would ever own. It still just calls to me. I can't say enough how glad I am that it is mine.

Now to let some of you newer people know, and some of the older previous participants as well, we have had some exciting developments over the last few years. As you can see by the time slip we get three speeds now, the 1/2 mile, 1 mile and 1.5 mile speeds. This really adds a lot to the event and lets you gauge your performance in multiple ways. In addition we now allow you to take passengers. Passengers are required to fill out all the same waivers as the driver as well as have all the same safety gear as required for the driver. However this allows you to have your family and friends participate with you in a way they never could before. And you think that they look happy when you have taken them for a ride in the past. Well take them down a runway at full throttle and you are talking a whole new thrill.

We also now have a website https://www.runwayracingllc.com/ .....which makes my life easier :wink....which allows online registration and payment for events. We kind of have been running this as a word of mouth invitational but now we are looking to expand the field. It is and always will be a boutique event. 25-30 cars max. Unlike a public event you will run your car all day long almost at will and you will tire out before your car. I did 14 runs in our Ford GT and my friends and I made 21 in my Ferrari and we stopped racing by 3pm. (Aston Martin is in for twin turbo upgrading :eek and was not done in time for the event)

So if you have any interest in running this type of event in a small very personal setting that allows you a much better experience than a public event feel free to visit the website and contact our staff for further information. Next event will be in September.....not sure which date but will post it here if people seem interested. Registration will open in mid May and the field sometimes fills up fast so be decisive if interested.

In summary I wish all the best to all forum members old and new. Keep driving these incredible cars and enjoying your friends and family around you. Because all the rest is just background noise. :cheers

Attachments

• 242mph ticket.jpg
    242mph ticket.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 298

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Cool post, congrats and welcome back.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I can't wait to see what my 2018 GT will do stock at Mojave!

Ed

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
I was at the event and was thrilled for Tom. He was on cloud nine almost all day long. I also set a personal best in a car of my own, 200.4 mph in my 1996 Camaro (I know it is from that "other" company). Last event I drove my new Shelby GT350, completely stock, to 174.2 mph. My girlfriend of 18 years also set her own top speed record in Tom and Summer's (really Summer's) Ferrari F430 Spyder at 185.4 mph. A good day for everyone.

Richard Hille
The GT School

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Tom! Can't believe I missed your post from last week. Man, that is a stellar speed. I will most certainly join you guys in September with my latest addition, a Heffner TT GT. I would really be happy to improve upon my former number...

So nice to hear from you!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Congrats go out to Tom for an impressive 240mph run. The marvels the Ford GT keeps producing never seem to stop and what Tom has done for folks by putting on this event is such a great thing for all those involved. When you can take your GT or other supercar and make as many passes as you like while being in a controlled environment with as few as 25-30 cars is really a great event. I keep telling Tom we are planning on making the trip out to see him and bring the car but the dates have just not worked and were conflicting with the Mile races we attend. Would really like to get out there and see everyone and we know it would be a great time had by all. Maybe its in the cards this year... Time will tell. Congrats again Tom on a big accomplishment.

Mark H.
M2K Motorsports

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Congratulations skyrex 241 is a great achievement! how much power does your car put down now?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
A couple of vids of 241.3

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the positive comments! Really appreciate it.

Mike it would be great to see you and your new TTGT out there in September!! I still remember watching your McLaren crack 200 at the last public event you did. I will make sure to post a link when we start registration for September.

Power wise I am at a little over 1,000 at the wheels. Nothing too crazy.:wink :lol We found a small exhaust leak last year and fabricated a new part to solve it. Since then the car has been running really strong. One of the things I learned a few events ago that helped me a lot was realizing I needed to run the 1.5 mile passes different than the mile. Going to the end of 5th was counterproductive so I sacrifice the mile time and shift to 6th with over a half a mile to go in the run. For my set up anyway that was the final piece to the puzzle to reach 240.

Our friends with the Big Red Camaro crew had their film crew out again and they sent me some really great footage that I finally got around to posting. One of the things that is cool about Mojave is that the finish line is right at the paddock so you get to see the cars finish runs at full speed right in front of you. There are 4 short vids strung together starting at 238.5 and finishing with the 241.3 pass. You can really see the speed in this vid. If you watch this vid in the HD setting it is so clear you can almost read the Ford GT on the side of the car as it goes by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyjAjQdTnQ

As for this one it is the in cabin footage. If you watch to the end forgive the language.......I was a obviously little happy. :biggrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILSZOFABpE

And just this week the icing on the cake arrived......my new license plate!

Attachments

• 240mph.jpg
    240mph.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 317

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Well we keep running events and Ford GT's will keep making 200MPH runs non-stop!!

Big Congrats to new 200MPH Club Member Steve Connor!! In addition Big Congrats to Mitty with his gorgeous new TTGT which allowed him to post a new personal best of 222.9!!

And of course we can't forget Barry breaking the New Ford GT into this club at 203.2!! So does Barry get his own list? :biggrin

We had a great time as always and look forward to seeing old friends and new at our next event April 7th, 2018. :cheers

Attachments

• 20170923_1456141.jpg
    20170923_1456141.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 20170923_081114.jpg
    20170923_081114.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 253

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Hey skyrex, congrats on the 241mph run. That's a hell of an accomplishment! Congrats to Mitty, Steve and Barry as well. Great work!

I'd like to participate in the April 7th event but my wife is due with our #2 family addition 3 days before so that date is probably out :wink

Do you have plans to host a September 2018 event? Thanks!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Hey skyrex, congrats on the 241mph run. That's a hell of an accomplishment! Congrats to Mitty, Steve and Barry as well. Great work!

I'd like to participate in the April 7th event but my wife is due with our #2 family addition 3 days before so that date is probably out :wink

Do you have plans to host a September 2018 event? Thanks!

I would agree, that is a great reason to miss the April event. :biggrin Congrats on the arrival of your second child. :thumbsup

We usually do two events a year so there should be a September event as well. That date is not determined yet. If you could send me a PM with your email address I will add you to our mailing/event notification list. Thanks for the interest in the event. :cheers

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Guys, this was a perfect event in every way. Well organized, nice people, and a small private atmosphere that let us run as many times as we had the stomach to. I could not be more pleased, and watching Steve and Barry join the club was worth it alone.

Skyrex, my hat goes off to you. Great advice, great attitude, and an incredibly fast car...

By the way, these numbers are all the more impressive given the fact that we had almost no tailwind. Not too common at Mojave.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I would agree, that is a great reason to miss the April event. :biggrin Congrats on the arrival of your second child. :thumbsup

We usually do two events a year so there should be a September event as well. That date is not determined yet. If you could send me a PM with your email address I will add you to our mailing/event notification list. Thanks for the interest in the event. :cheers

Thanks skyrex! PM sent.

Seth

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
My thanks to Tom (Skyrex) for allowing me to top my previous personal speed record in his wonderful TT Ford GT. At our September 23rd event I ran a best of 233.3 mph on the Mojave Extended run - approximately 1.625 miles. That car is amazing and is still pulling as it goes through the speed trap.

DBK, time to update the 200 MPH Club stats.

Richard Hille
The GT School