Crashed my Ford GT, need advice on repair shops

Le Mans 123

Feb 28, 2006
Hello,

Sad day, crashed my GT... Now need advice on best place to get it fixed.

I live in the Sacramento, CA area.

I attended the first GT get together in Detroit and toured Saleen's shop. I'm hoping they still work on the GT. Does anyone know if they are available to do the repair work?

Other ideas?

Thank you in advance.

H

HHGT

Man I am sorry to hear this. How bad? It may be worth shipping the car to get it repaired properly depending on the extent of the crash.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
only one place... rich and dennis

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
only one place... rich and dennis

+1 that way you know its done right

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
LeMans 123 - I had my semi-crashed GT repaired to new in Sacramento. PM me for info.

Ed

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Several GTs have been repaired to absolute perfection right in your area. PM me for info.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well my friend, remember when I introduced you to 2 young men working at rousch at the rally....They have 10 GT's there working on now....If you can swing it, THE GT GUYS are the way to go......by the way your in the book.......look close......gtjoey1314

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Not an option here, this facility you reference has long been shuttered.

Sounds like you or others were not hurt, which is all that really matters. Cars can be fixed.

I attended the first GT get together in Detroit and toured Saleen's shop. I'm hoping they still work on the GT. Does anyone know if they are available to do the repair work?

QUOTE]

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I would DEFINITELY recommend the GT Guys. The cost to transport to/from Detroit is well worth the piece of mind that you would have in knowing the best, and most experienced GT-centric repair guys are working on your car. Anywhere else is a compromise, in my humble opinion.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
richbrooks@thegtguy.com

734-658-9498

Experts. Unquestioned reputation. Invaluable asset to GT owners.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
richbrooks@thegtguy.com

Experts. Unquestioned reputation. Invaluable asset to GT owners.

They built your car the first time, and they have gotten better since then. Most shops see so few (if any) GTs that during a repair they are doing many things for the first time. That's not good. Rich & Dennis work on GTs every day, that's all they do. If I ever damage my GT it will be sent immediately from AZ clear across the country to the GT Guys.

Chip

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I agree also. For repairs, Rich Brooks, THE GT GUY LLC, is your best choice :)

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
I am NOT a trusting person, "I believe nothing that I hear & 50% of what I see!" The ONLY people I trust are the GTGUYS! Rich & Dennis are good straight forward people.
The shipping might be a hassle, But dealing with a inproper repair is worse.

Good Luck
Mike

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I'm sorry to hear about your incident.
Rich and Dennis serviced my car at Roketman's place ten days ago. After meeting them, if I ever damage my car, Rich and Dennis are the only guys who I would have fix it. They are that good. We're very fortunate to have them as a resource to fix these cars properly.
Best of luck in getting this fixed... all that matters is that no one was hurt.
Cheers,

Rob

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Do rich & Dennis offer round trip truck shipping with carrier they use?

Approx $? From Ny to Detroit?

I am coming up on 5000 service and if it's $1000-1500 transport to have them do it . I may. I would do gtjoeys barn in nj, but taking the GT over GWbridge scares me

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I am coming up on 5000 service and if it's $1000-1500 transport to have them do it . I may. I would do gtjoeys barn in nj, but taking the GT over GWbridge scares me

What is so bad about the GW bridge?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Bridge

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Its on/off ramps are like thunderdrome with tractor trailers spiraling around you on Sat when i would make trip; not to mention huge gaps, pot holes, etc

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Its on/off ramps are like thunderdrome with tractor trailers spiraling around you on Sat when i would make trip; not to mention huge gaps, pot holes, etc

Maybe better conditions at 3am.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York

You could do "GT Joey's" in Sept at the barn, it's LI., not NJ

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Was there a NJ barn at some point?