Wrecked cars

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do NOT post pics, videos or information of about another member's Ford GT that has been wrecked, destroyed, etc. Only do so if it is yours.

Obviously, there are times that it will be inevitable that everyone will find out, this being one of them, but at least let the owner of the car discuss the situation at the time of his own choosing. There's a big enough circus atmosphere any time anything goes wrong with someone else's expensive toy biting the dust, and we don't need to add to it.

THANKS!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Damn - I musta missed something good...:(

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Why is someone's car getting destroyed "something good"?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Sorry - not at all - but I wanted to see the pics.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
DBK, looks like you did get the messages from Fubar and me.......

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
its a sad day anytime something like this happens, and I agree with dbk, even though it may be plastered all over the net and for everyone to see we can approach these situations with more class!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Do NOT post pics, videos or information of about another member's Ford GT that has been wrecked, destroyed, etc. Only do so if it is yours.

Obviously, there are times that it will be inevitable that everyone will find out, this being one of them, but at least let the owner of the car discuss the situation at the time of his own choosing. There's a big enough circus atmosphere any time anything goes wrong with someone else's expensive toy biting the dust, and we don't need to add to it.

THANKS!

This is what makes this forum a class act.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Way in the begining there was a discussion as to inform everyone of a possible wreck, misleading cars for sale etc. In the end with Bony as the mediator the conclusion was "DO NOT POST" unless it was your car ...Some people complained and the argument was that the rest of the GT buying public had a right to know if one of our friends can save another friend from being ripped off or worse in the case of a bad repair job and something else happened such as an accident from a faulty botch repair job........
In the end, 5 years later the WORLD has changed so dramatically that this was the right decision.......why?
Statute of limitations, legal rights, unauthorised use of materials, forwarding of false information........and even more.....
WOW , Joey sounds like a lawyer..........no ...just the way this world is today......
The liability to the FORUM, BOARD MEMBERS and everyone else just because of a single post can have everyone involved....
Is it worth it, to say wow look what this "so and so" did?
If you want to turn on your computer and still find all of us here................NO!
CHEERS.... BONY and DBK it was the right decision...
GTJOEY1314 under the complete supervision and council of said sound body and mind and in no way implicates or endorses anything I just said.......:biggrin
JUST BUY THE DAMN BOOK...:lol:lol:lol:lol

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Recent event as well; hope the owner is safe/sound and forum can provide moral support.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
DBK...on another note....I never received a message from you about the blue GT poster you were sending a few of us. I was on your list that you posted to receive them but haven't heard a word.

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
Recent event as well; hope the owner is safe/sound and forum can provide moral support.

It made me go out and get a fire extinguisher.. maybe it will remind others too.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It made me go out and get a fire extinguisher.. maybe it will remind others too.

I have the Safecraft engine bay and handheld units in my car. I hope I never have to used them.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I'm ok. It happened at a super busy intersection so it was up on youtube before I even got home hah. Oh well, shit happens.

I do want to give a swift kick in the nads to the Jalopnik writer.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I had one. It was too hot to even get into the engine bay.

I'd suggest a Halon fire suppression system.

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
Glad you are ok, kumar. Hate to see any car in that condition, but cars can be replaced, people cannot.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Kumar,

So sorry. Glad to hear you are OK. Do you know what caused the fire?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Have not seen anything about your car, but being in the process of dealing with something like this I can say I am very sorry for your loss, am very glad you are okay and hope that your insurance experience goes better than my ongoing debacle.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Kumar,

Glad your OK.

The Jalopnik office is down the block; I'll take care of them.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
What a bummer and what a shitty right up........

Glad you are ok though as that is the most important thing!!!!!

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Glad your ok Kumar. I saw it on facebook today on Stang tv.