H

HHGT

Glad you're okay.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Kumar - I'm glad you are safe. The car can be replaced. I'm really looking forward to you jumping back in the saddle with another GT and hope you stay on here regardless of what replacement decisions you may make.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
IMHO - Definitely not cool for Jalopnik to put owners names in their post.
Glad you are okay. Cars are replaceable.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Kumar - I'm glad you are safe. The car can be replaced. I'm really looking forward to you jumping back in the saddle with another GT and hope you stay on here regardless of what replacement decisions you may make.

:agree:
So sorry to hear about your car. Knowing you are ok softens the blow somewhat, but it still a horrible thing to have happen.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sorry about the mishap. The good news is you are not injured or worst. As others have said, you can always buy another car, but getting another life is impossible.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Very sorry for your misfortune, just glad you're ok.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Very sorry to hear about your GT - as above, all these things are replaceable, your well-being is not. Glad you're OK.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
yes Kumar, Im glad you are ok buddy!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Sorry to hear about the incident Kumar but glad you are ok

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Sorry to hear of this. I'm sure you were terrified. Good to know you are safe. Take care. DJ.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Dang it. Glad you are ok.

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
I am glad to hear that you are ok. Health is always first in my prayers. I am really sorry for your lost. So sad that another one of these cars life came to a end. Now go out there and get another one.

Best Regards

Chuck

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Add me to the list that are glad you are OK.

Any ideas how it started?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Kumar - PM your cell to me again Did try to call but the number I had is some chicks Sprint phone.... Drinks on me at Javiers when I get down in two weeks. Glad you are OK.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Add me to the list that are glad you are OK.

Any ideas how it started?

Only a guess, but it must have been a fuel or oil leak somewhere ignited by the hot exhaust system. From the looks of the video the gas tank eventually caught fire as well. A very smart move to get away from the car and not try to put the fire out! IMO the Safecraft automatic fire system is the way to go.

Call my yellow but IMO, if there is a fire in the engine compartment, it would never make sense to pop the clamshell, release the secondary latches and then try to extinguish the fire. It takes too long to do and you probably don't have your Nomex gloves on.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Only a guess, but it must have been a fuel or oil leak somewhere ignited by the hot exhaust system.

Ya think? I was thinking it was probably two rats playing with matches on a bed of dry straw.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Ya think? I was thinking it was probably two rats playing with matches on a bed of dry straw.

My cousin almost burned his condo down from a car fire. Not rats, but an old blanket that started it.

He as changing the fuel filter and didn't want to scratch his fenders, so he placed an old blanket across it. The blanket was made of synthetic fibers and cause a static electrical discharged that ignited the gasoline fumes. He managed to put the fames out in time. If not a car on fire in 1st floor garage would have total the building before the fire dept could get there.

BTW, only the SoCal rats are devious enough to use matches. :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

I asked because I know of someone who lost a car due to fire and it was an electrical harness contacting hot exhaust. Fuel ultimately brought it full force but it started out small.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
This got me thinking. I just ordered my Cooltech Halon system and trans cooler.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
This got me thinking. I just ordered my Cooltech Halon system and trans cooler.

That's great! Note that there are two options, a hard line system (designed by Shadowman manufactured by Safecraft) that looks more OEM and a soft line system that is easier to install and less costly. The choice is yours. I am confidence that Kendall can discuss the options with you.

Last edited: