Where to put Golf Clubs in a GT?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Well thanks to Bernard Guerin, Steve Woodrough now has a place..... :biggrin
This is also a great place for celebrity signatures.

Bernard is the process of installing my trunk now. But mine will hold my helmet, and racing gear instead! Oh, and maybe a six pack of Guiness in a cooler for after.:cheers Photo's will follow when complete!

GTX1a.jpg

GTX1b.jpg

GTX1b.jpg

GTX1d.jpg

GTX1e.jpg

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Dig it!!!!!

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Thanks, Rick for posting these pictures. I see I made a mistake in sending the same picture (signatures on the trunk lid) twice. Even so, the tribute to Bernard is wonderful. He is a class act and desrves a lot of credit for his ingenuity and professionalism. We're very lucvky to have him as our friend.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Very trick setup Steve!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I could help modify that unit to handle a 1/2 barrel of Guiness with the cold plate...
Would have to adjust the spring rate accordingly.

Looks great... :)

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Grerat mod to an absolutely stunning car. Congratulations. :cheers

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
That is spectacular! The car and the "trunk"!

Any plans to put the "trunk" into production?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Steve,
It looks great !! Bernard is a class act for sure !! :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Simply amazing!

Aug 25, 2006
Bernard has remained relentless on this project and the results as presented look wonderful

All the best

Shadowman

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Steve... look'n good!

Glad Bernard is still at it. Such an asset to the GT world.

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Grerat mod to an absolutely stunning car. Congratulations. :cheers

Kirby, thanks for the compliment. But wait until to you see what Bernard has done with Rick Saute's Blue X1!

I saw Rick's car tonight at Bernard's garage (lucky as I am to live here in Florida with Bernard), and it is an absolutely stunning piece of work "in progress" - as they say. I'm serious; it will be truly amazing when it's finished.

In fact, if the truth be known, I'm a little jealous. The quality and skillfulness of of Bernard's work on upgrade "package" on Rick's X1 is much better than that for the same package on my X1. But that's a good thing!

No one doubts that Bernard Guerin has earned any praise he may receive for his achievements in working on the Ford GT and the GTX1. But the most amazing part of his story today, is the combination of being he's his own worst critic and his determination to continue to persevere in his endeavors notwithstanding seemingly insurmountable adverse circumstances and emotional obstacles.

And that, my friend, is a very, very special personal and/or professional trait - viz., that of never being totally satisfied with the status quo yet always willing to look for ways to make a good product better even at the expense of personal loss.

That is the essence of Bernard Guerin.

Best regards,

Steve

Alex911

FORD GT OWNER - FROM RUSSIA TT FGT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Great job - trunk space is the only negative thing with the GT!

But considering the fact that my Russian licence plate melted at the back - I would rather use it to make Tea and not store Guiness :)

Aug 25, 2006

But considering the fact that my Russian licence plate melted at the back - I would rather use it to make Tea and not store Guiness :)

Alex

FYI I chat with Bernard typically at least once a week both as friends and because of the projects that we tend to together as such I can share that thermal concerns within the rear trunk were not only anticipated but as part of the development test were completed.

Initially when the trunk was in place and presented for folks to view aka nice to look at however not ready for prime time the heat collected within was high however based on this information thermal barriers were put into place so as to insure that the area could be used as a typical trunk when compared to an alternate oven.

FYI; this conversion has been a long time in the making. Bernard began this process several years ago however it was not until he was able to clear his proverbial table and focus on it which was well over a year ago that the final version was able to be completed thanks by in large to support afforded Steve and his black and gold gal as seen in the pictures.

Now whether golf clubs, helmets, jackets, as well as clothing there is the means to take it with you when compared to having these items shipped in advance to your destination which many us have done when traveling to venues such as the Rallys.

Bernard is not only passionate about what he does but he is also akin to me in that we are both very anal when it comes to the details and yet at the same time as Steve shared are always looking for ways to make a given moment in time even better.

Takes care

Shadowman

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That is a fabulous looking car - I love the colour scheme too....

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
That is a fabulous looking car - I love the colour scheme too....

JPS Lotus

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Heat in the GT Trunk

I will echo the comments of Shadowman. There is NO PROBLEM with heat inside of the GT Trunk designed by Bernard Guerin.

As a means of testing the temperature inside my trunk, I stuffed a bundle of plastic dry-cleaning bags in the trunk and drove the car hard for several hours. There was absolutely no damage of any kind to any of the plastic bags. I later put a thermometer in the trunk and found that it never exceeded 100 degrees. The "secret" of course is in the heat shield and thermal blanket materials that Bernard devised to protect and insulate the trunk from the heat from the exhaust and transmission systems.

Steve

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That is a lot of space!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
awesome, very nice.

PeakCompletions