does he have a web site

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Trunk for GTX1 and GT

does he have a web site

YES. Bernard's website is at www.guerinengineering.com and his phone number is (727) 687-0981.

At present, Bernard is currently installing the trunk and mechanized reverse-opening clamshell (and some other goodies) on Rick Saute's Midnight Blue X1.

Steve

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I really like the idea of being able to carry stuff like a helmet and some tools but since the trunk now obstructs engine bay air flow (as compared to aftermarket X,H pipes that many of us have), does the engine bay temp goes up back to factory exhaust level?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Heritage, they had this option to show at Rally II in OC. You can't do the mod unless you have headers and a straight pipe. There's no room for a muffler or X/H pipes. This eliminates the cats, and it should be very cool inside the trunk. I think Kirby drove it quite a bit and reported it was not hot inside.

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Problems with GT/GTX1 Trunk??

I really like the idea of being able to carry stuff like a helmet and some tools but since the trunk now obstructs engine bay air flow (as compared to aftermarket X,H pipes that many of us have), does the engine bay temp goes up back to factory exhaust level?

Bruce, if you will call me at(727) 898-9009, I will answer your questions and otherwise assure you that you do NOT understand the design or construction of the interior trunk for the GT/GTX1 produced byGuerin Engineering. Contrary to your impression, it DOES NOT "obstruct" any air flow and DOES NOT cause or have any temperature problems of any kind.

I look forward to your call.

Steve

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Bernard Guerin Trunk

You can't do the mod unless you have headers and a straight pipe. There's no room for a muffler or X/H pipes.

NOT TRUE; NOT TRUE!!

The custom interior GT/GTX1 trunk by Guerin Engineering (Bernard Guerin) can be installed with STOCK headers, STOCK exhausts, and STOCK cats. Regardless of the configuration of the GT/GTX1 exhaust system, Bernard's reverse-opening clamshell and inside trunk system will work on any STOCK system. It's a truly revolutionary and extremely well designed (from an engineering point of view) system.

Steve

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Steve, I apologize. Apparently this is not the same trunk system they showed in CA at Rally II. That trunk took up the entire space of the stock can muffler. I'll look through my pictures and see if I have some. FJP