Watch Your Inbox

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
But really, sending 6500 emails "all at once" is not rocket science. It's good drama though.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Question (for DBK?)

Are the emails going out for the first year's production only or the first 2 years?

I understood that the application covered the first 500 cars. Just wondering if those of us without a "congratulations" email have a shot for year 2, or are they sending out all 500 emails now?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congratulations!

I'm going to drive the **** out of my new Ford GT! I have a thousand open tracks, cars & coffees & road trips already planned!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Do we print the affidavit, fill it out, have it notarized & then scan it to email back?

Ed

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
This is incredible to observe my buddies being selected for this experience, only hope to be part of the newest generation of the Ford GT. Please send all positive thoughts my way.

Congrats to ALL.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Question (for DBK?)

Are the emails going out for the first year's production only or the first 2 years?

The notifications going out cover allocations for the first 500 cars.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
This is incredible to observe my buddies being selected for this experience, only hope to be part of the newest generation of the Ford GT. Please send all positive thoughts my way.

Congrats to ALL.

Simon the only thing mitigating the agony of this wait is the fun from reading the posts. It really is a hoot. May be a long night. I'm glad my day mañana is short! Best of luck to you and the new motor!

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Will all the emails go out today/tonight Dave?

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
The notifications going out cover allocations for the first 500 cars.

Do we know how the year 3 allocation will be handled yet? I'm incredibly happy for my lucky friends, but must confess that I'm kinda bummed, too.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I am still in disbelief. We all owe Ford Motor Company a huge debt of gratitude. To design and race the new GT and to recognize 05-06 owners as ambassadors to the brand is what separates Ford from any other manufacturer. I truly believe you would not see this kind of gesture in any other manufacturer. I am so humbled and priveleged to be one of the ones selected. Thank you for developing an application system that allowed us to show what makes us all true Ford Blue. Can not wait to start the process. Beyond my wildest expectations and thank you Dave, as always, for championing us! A day Susan and I will never forget. Yeeeeesssssss!!!!

Vince H

P.S. Congrats to all of those also selected. Now the fun begins!

P.P.S I hope those that are still waiting get their names called soon. Continued luck to us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTMD

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congratulations!

I second that !! Congratulations to all my GT brothers !!! ,, Thanks Raj and The whole Ford Family !! Who could ever imagine a car could fulfill a childhood dream once in the 05, 06 GT and now this !! Really feeling blessed,,, Totally Humbled and speechless .. I am happy to say I will be joining you in the next Chapter of the GT world !!
I'm feeling this.... :banana:banana:banana and this !!

:huge:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will all the emails go out today/tonight Dave?

I'm guessing not. Still seem to be rolling through.

Do we know how the year 3 allocation will be handled yet? I'm incredibly happy for my lucky friends, but must confess that I'm kinda bummed, too.

No information on potential future production at this time, but I would stay tuned. I would also say that this round of the allocation process was clearly very favorable to existing GT owners. FMC is publicly committed to racing the car for 4 years. Given what we've seen here tonight, if your number doesn't get called for first 500, you would have to be very optimistic about the possibility of an allocation in a potential future year.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Congratulations to all.

After going through the application process my self if you are one of the lucky ones you are Well deserved and of true Blue Oval Bloodlines. Not giving up yet just no email in my inbox. I will be checking every hour on the hour for the next few days. Thank you GT forum for giving us all a place to witness this historical night.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Given what we've seen here tonight, if your number doesn't get called for first 500, you would have to be very optimistic about the possibility of an allocation in a potential future year.

[video=youtube;zMRrNY0pxfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM[/video]

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Congrats to all of the new owners and the ones to be notified. Very proud to be part of such a great group. :thumbsup

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
.....dear Johns have arrived- Congratulations to those who were chosen.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Ford family thank you very much for the opportunity and GT owners picked tonight - congratulations!

I am on the wait list and will fill out paperwork mañana.

It's been a fun night watching the excitement for sure.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Congrats to all, me still waiting...
I hope Ford keeps building and building the new GT so it can become part of our lives as the 2005/06 have been.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
EXTREMELY grateful to have been placed on the Ford GT priority wait list...best wishes to all those selected for purchase! Not exactly what I had hoped for tonight but just the fact that there is still a chance is exciting! I can't wait to hear from the lucky members as to how their journey is going! Keep us posted and hats off to all those at Ford for making this acquisition process so favorable to the men and women who love this vehicle so very much. Fingers still crossed...