• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,216

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Thanks Raj!!! Now you don't have to fill the application out to ride in my L39!!! Fact is...you just moved ahead of Camilo. :rofl:rofl:rofl

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I sure hope I get picked. Please Ford🙏🏻

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Thanks Raj!!! Now you don't have to fill the application out to ride in my L39!!! Fact is...you just moved ahead of Camilo. :rofl:rofl:rofl

Can I ride on the wing?

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats to all notified of new GT selection. Twenty-five (25) and counting. Really happy to see some local Arizona GT forum members are getting new GT's.

Last edited:

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
How appropriate from the French guy in The Holy Grail!!!!! Good one!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Can I sit in the back seat?

You bet...you will have to travel to Cajun Country first!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Congratulations!

A great day!

I'm thinking that this thread is going to be long.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations all!! And to think that we are all witnessing the actual birth of 'Make America Great Again!' LOL!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think I read that we may be able to select a custom color on the GT's

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
YEAH BABY!:banana:party:banana

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
While sleeping through an engineering awards banquet tonight, I got the buzz of my phone signaling an email. Looked down, and it was from Ford.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to open it or not. Amy was sitting next to me and was getting mad at me for being on my phone. Still debating to open it or not. I decided to and glad I did. I graciously left the auditorium, walked out in the hallway and gave the ultimate air fist pump of all time (lol). After sitting for a few minutes, made a text, I went back into the boring auditorium with a new pep in the step. Whispered to Amy the good news and she did a double fist pump. Haha.

Thank you, Ford.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
When do the Dear John letters go out?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Late to post, I wanted to share the news with a couple of incredibly special people first - you know who you are!

It's really exciting to have the opportunity to own the street version of the GT that we saw dominate Le Mans just a few weeks ago. Being in France with a great group of GT members, the Ford family and Ford executives; and now owing the car. It's been quite a year!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ford, your GT will be in good hands. ;-))

Reactions: GTMD

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Man, what an incredible journey it's been! The morning of January 12th 2015. I remember reading DBK's play by play posts of the GT reveal and watching the incredible live video of that beautiful blue beast as it roared onto the stage. By 3pm that afternoon, Danielle and I had flights for an emergency trip to Detroit, we just had to see this thing in person. We met up with Scott Ahlman, Dave Bannister, and a few other forum members to witness history in the making.

The next six months simply flew by. In June, we decided to follow DBK and Steve Nesta around France in case Ford had another big announcement at Le Mans. As fate would have it, they did, and it was a big one. Raj Nair, Mark Fields, Bill Ford, and Chip Ganassi announced that Ford would be back with a factory supported effort to enter the GT in the 24H of Le Mans, what an incredible commitment. A year later the IMSA season-opening race at Daytona came and went, then the 12 Hours of Sebring and LBC. After only 3 attempts, Ford snatched their first victory at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. In June, we somehow squeezed another trip to Europe in (this time with our GT), witnessed history once more with a 1st & 3rd place class victory at Le Mans...and now here we are, fewer than 20 months later, with a letter inviting us to continue the journey and offering what will surely be the opportunity of a lifetime.

To all the folks at Ford, a most sincere thank you. Thank you for the opportunity and thank you for building such an incredible machine. It is truly without rival.

Also to DBK, thank you for putting up with all of our shit (some more than others) and for maintaining this incredible forum that we all enjoy so much. Your next Arby's is on me brosef ;-)

Last edited:

SPEED DEMON

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2006
Albuquerque NM
I am sooooo excited to get my news that I have been selected for the NEW FORD GT. Cant tell you how excited i am. When I read the news the hair on my arms stood up lol. Thank you so much Ford Motor Company! Thank you DBK for all you do for all FORD GT owners and thank you for having the forum where we all can celebrate together. Looking forward to seeing all GT owners at the next Rally and raising our glasses to one hell of a toast.

Cheers to all who got the letter for NEW GT
Bennie

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
"When do the Dear John letters go out?"

My guess would be after all of the congratulations emails have been sent... But who knows...

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Congratulations!

Thanks Raj!!

Regards,

Sanjay

PS: just got my GT350 Track Pack today too....what a day!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Been dreaming for the last few months. No more dreaming. I got The Letter. I'm very sure the Molson good luck charm in the fridge made this happen.

Thank You Ford.

Thank You Fred G. and Edsel for having the guts to build the 2005/2006 GT's.

I've got a chance to be the first 100,000 mile owner of a 2017 Ford GT. That quest will start with Road Trip #1.

And thank you Dave Bannister for creating the Worlds Best Forum.

And a huge Thank You to the all of you on this Forum. Your spirit and enthusiasom for all things GT, and in life, has enhanced my existance immensely.

OMG! A new GT in my garage! WOW!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"When do the Dear John letters go out?"

My guess would be after all of the congratulations emails have been sent... But who knows...

Ouch!