Shadowman is about to "Unleash" Ed's Beast

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Apollo mission

I always liked the gold foil on the Apollo Lunar Module then when I saw the gold foil in the engine compartment of the McLaren F1 I knew I had to replace the silver heat material in the GT eventually.

Ed

Attachments

• 285px-Apollo16LM.jpg
    285px-Apollo16LM.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,159
  • 800px-1996_McLaren_F1_engine.jpg
    800px-1996_McLaren_F1_engine.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,385

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I always liked the gold foil on the Apollo Lunar Module then when I saw the gold foil in the engine compartment of the McLaren F1 I knew I had to replace the silver heat material in the GT eventually.

Ed

you didnt answer the question, where???? and how???? gold and black Hmmmm:wink :cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
gold foil

I can't recall the name of the company that makes it but Shadowman would know since he installed it.

Ed

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

The day has arrived as Ed's gal is ready to be exercised.

The first pictures shows the back side of the custom lower screen with the custom shroud that covers the OEM license plate lights and the associated wiring. Not only is this shroud a detail item it also insures that no back lighting comes from the license plate lights because without a shroud the light would shine in both directions.

The second picture is of the final fit and the lamp inspection

The remaining two pictures are of her awaiting Ed

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC05205.JPG
    DSC05205.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • DSC05226.JPG
    DSC05226.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 968
  • DSC05285.JPG
    DSC05285.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,050
  • DSC05279.JPG
    DSC05279.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 987

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Very nice! :thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Nice job as always Bill. I wouldn't expect anything less than stellar from you. Ed's going to be one happy guy.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What, no laser jammer? Special Ed must not drive fast enough to worry.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Love the GT40 mark 6 plate!!!

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all for the wonderful comments and for those that simply took the time to look.

IMO she looks "fricken awesome" however what mattered most to me is that she is Ed's dream realized.

They took off together this evening with her cams cackling through her custom exhaust and Ed grinning ear to ear.

There will be a short video clip on my website within the White Lightening project section late tonight; she sounds sweeeet!!

Takes care

Shadowman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed's opinion

I only drove the short freeway hop from Shadowman's shop to my house & the Gal was fabulous. It sounds better than ever. Sandman & Dave Hellinge, the owner of Harrold Ford who sold me my GT, were there to see me take delivery. I'll take some more photos soon. Stay tuned!

Ed

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
She looks and sounds amazing! The marvelous sounds echoed through the hills when you departed Shadowmans lair. What a sight and sound!

From the monster brakes, to the gold heat shields, new carbon fiber bits, the trick brake ducts, to the amazing new exhaust she is a treat to behold!

What a gal!:cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
simply awesome:thumbsup

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
WOW Ed, your lucky to have Discovery Automotive so close to your home, What a great sound from those cams and custom exhaust!!!!

Bill, is there anything you can't do? :thumbsup

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Very sweet! Like it SHOULD have been to begin with...

Special Ed doesn't need a laser jammer....he's so fast, the laser guns can't see him :rofl

Jeff

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Mmmmmm.
Craftsmanship.

Well done, Shadowman.

That exhaust looks really, really cool.
Can't wait to see that thing.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...Bill, is there anything you can't do? :thumbsup

Bill's can't do sub-standard work that is too often seen by car owners. His workmanship as always over the top!

Last edited:

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
The nearly infinite mock up and fabrication of the brake ducts and the new exhaust pipe exit and all that went into it; screens, license plate mount right down to the license plate lighting and how they would illuminate the plate but not scatter light where it wasn't needed or wanted...Bill's attention to detail is amazing if not obsessive! She truly looks as if this is how she should have been all along. Nothing looking added on as an afterthought, everything as if OEM but improved. What is "good enough" for most is the starting point for Bill.

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Just watched the post on the web site! Made my day! Sounded Incredible!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, many Bud-Light cans are now in fear of their safety.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Super Cool Dudes. Can't wait to see it Ed !!