Shadowman is about to "Unleash" Ed's Beast

Aug 25, 2006
Ed’s gal has came to visit this winter to have several personal touch and performance enhancements completed such as the custom front brake air duct system and a retro style exhaust. No tere is no doubt that the custom front brake air duct system was a great task to complete in a way that created no conflict or compromise with previously integrated OEM systems while maintaining an OEM look and ease of future servicing of the system as well as those OEM systems around it; the objective was met as such once completed the custom front brake air duct system appears and functions as if OEM this including the cool electric fans as integrated into the system and the optional closure panels. Now once this was completed we began to focus on her exhaust and creating the vision as presented to us by Ed; this too was no small undertaking.

This gal has full length aka long tube headers and small metal bed cats as such the process was a bit more arduous because we needed to create the look as envisioned, maintain the OEM feel, and also insure that ease of future service was maintained.

After numerous mockups and the associated dry fits we have completed the system as such we are presenting tending to details as associated with the process so as to “unleash” her on the unsuspecting.

As evidenced in the pictures every detail was considered; for example we wanted to use an OEM style thermal expansion spring for the exhaust however the OEM piece would not work so we used the OEM thermal expansion spring as the basis to create what we needed; as a visual pattern of sorts so as to maintain the OEM look. Then we needed to create a pocket for the soon to be relocated license plate as such we created both of these items in CAD and then using the CNC we cut them out and created the mockups from which the final design was created pictures of which we be presented once the remaining items return from being powder coated. In the case of the license plate pocket/inset we are using the OEM license plate lights and the OEM wiring harness..

Now as for the exhaust, once we completed the fitting of the final version we then took the OEM center screen and used it as a pattern and recreated it within CAD from which we are creating a new screen to appear as if OEM with a retro feel to it so as to compliment the new higher exiting exhaust.

At the present time the tips are being cut to their final length as those in the pictures are the gross lengths and the detail Tig welding completed on them after which they will be ready for their final fitting.

We suspect that Ed is akin to a kid at Christmas

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC04682.JPG
    DSC04682.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,144
  • DSC04096.JPG
    DSC04096.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,146
  • DSC04686.JPG
    DSC04686.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,150
  • DSC04641.JPG
    DSC04641.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,148
  • DSC04688.JPG
    DSC04688.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,147
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Here she is soon too be another dream realised

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC04665.JPG
    DSC04665.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,191
  • DSC04666.JPG
    DSC04666.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,140
  • DSC04668.JPG
    DSC04668.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,136
  • DSC04673.JPG
    DSC04673.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
You guys never cease to amaze me.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Man there has been some really Bitchin stuff come out of that shop!!!!

ED, I really want to see your car someday, I am going to be there in May, Hope to see it.

:cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
100% class, I would not expect any less from shadow!:thumbsup

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Very Nice, true craftsmanship

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Absolutely fantastic. :thumbsup

Ed, that system sure looks to have an awsome sound.....will it still meet the tough DB requirements at Laguna Seca and Infineon?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Cool !! We'll look forward to seeing the final results !!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
My Tig says never to tig on a vehicle. Is ther some way to ground the electrical system so you can tig on the GT? Or do you take every thing off to tig it? I use a MIG to tack with but then you have an ugly spot to fix.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
My Tig says never to tig on a vehicle. Is ther some way to ground the electrical system so you can tig on the GT? Or do you take every thing off to tig it? I use a MIG to tack with but then you have an ugly spot to fix.

Are you worried about the electronics?

Aug 25, 2006

Battery disconnected and then the ground is placed on the same piece of material being Tig welded.

In this case the pieces were tack weleded in place and then the assemblies removed and the gross Tig welding completed on the bench; no worries.

Takes care

Shadowman

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
I have surreptitiously been visiting Ed's gal in the hope of wooing her away but alas no luck!:wink I lust for that sexy gal!

She looks great, can't wait to see and especially hear her when she's completed!

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Here she is soon too be another dream realised

Takes care

Shadowman

Wow! looks Great! If I didn't live so far away I could stop in!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Lorenzo in May

Man there has been some really Bitchin stuff come out of that shop!!!!

ED, I really want to see your car someday, I am going to be there in May, Hope to see it.

:cheers

Just call or PM me when you want to meet up. I have a lot of family things going on in May but I'd like to show you my GT.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sound Limit at Track

Absolutely fantastic. :thumbsup

Ed, that system sure looks to have an awsome sound.....will it still meet the tough DB requirements at Laguna Seca and Infineon?

KJRGT - I haven't been legal for Laguna's 92 db since ditching the OEM muffler. I was with my 2 friends when their new Z06 & Vipers both failed sound & they were bone stock cars! There are a few open (no sound limit) events at Laguna. My NorCal Shelby Club is having one in September right before our Rally. I get blacked flag at Sears Point (sound limit varies but usually over 100 db) if I don't let off the gas & go a gear higher before & after turn #11. I can open her up for the rest of the track there. I love Thunderhill because, for now, it's open (variable sound limit - usually 103 db) since the high limit is not always enforced.

Ed

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

The final piece of the puzzle dry fit in place prior to being powder coated.

Once powder coated the final adjusting of the wicker and the screen will be tended to.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• IMAGE_031.jpg
    IMAGE_031.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 534

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
:thumbsup another shot further back please:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
:thumbsup another shot further back please:thumbsup

Thank you Soroush

I have already disassemble the fascia as I will have the panel powder coated on Monday and then once back in place I will share several pictures; IMO and those that have seen her; she looks "HOT!!".

She has the long tube headers with the small metal bed cats and a pair of serviceable custom baffles located with the back section so she will growl and yet hopefully not bite.

Here is one taken with my phone during the process; I know a poor picture and once again no hand or blue tape.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• IMAGE_028.jpg
    IMAGE_028.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 515
Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

Here are a few pictures as the dry fitting of the custom rear screen was underway;

The first picture shows the screen as it came out of the CNC machine Strip-It machine and prior to the press-break work that was completed resulting in a perfect fitting and looking custom screen.

The remaining three pictures are of the gal with her arse completed except for the installation of her fascia which will happen once the custom screen has been powder coated and put into position for the final time.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC04935.JPG
    DSC04935.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC04965.JPG
    DSC04965.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC04954.JPG
    DSC04954.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC04952.JPG
    DSC04952.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 494

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ed, it looks fantastic!

Where do you get that OEM looking gold heat shielding?

attachment.php