Jul 20, 2006
Beautiful work Bill and Ed.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
the beast on the PCH (Hwy 1)

After a short drive a few weeks ago, I took my GT; for the first time after Shadowman's last massage, for a real drive! I drove the PCH north of San Francisco. Great weather & surprisingly very little traffic for a Saturday. There was some traffic around Bodega Bay but north of there to Ft Ross was wide open. I had a 20 mile section with zero cars! It was a blast. I turned around & drove that section in the opposite direction. Only 1 car & me! I did it 2 more times before I was low on fuel. Here are photos from that section of the PCH. It was around 11am.

Ed

PS No guard rails, steep tall cliff to the ocean & driving with a camera in 1 hand - my wife missed out of some fun!

Attachments

• IMG_2268.jpg
    IMG_2268.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_2302.jpg
    IMG_2302.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
It was great hear from you today and I could not be happier for you.

Thank you for sharing your event and the pictures.

Takes care

Shadowman

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Man that must have been Heaven on Earth. BITCHIN COOL Ed

Aug 25, 2006
Man that must have been Heaven on Earth. BITCHIN COOL Ed

And this reply from the airport on your cell phone only an hour after you left my facility; I love it

All the best Lorenzo

Shadowman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Discovery Auto GT

Oh, the performance of my GT was fabulous. It never skipped a beat. The sound of the exhaust bounced off the cliff walls as the waves smashed on the shore. Priceless! At lunch & gas stops it was, as always, a hit. In Bodega Bay a guy saw my LeMans window sticker & asked if I had raced the GT there. I couldn't resist - I told him I won it.

Ed

PS Thanks Shadowman - my GT has crazy but controllable power & handling + looks to match.

Attachments

• IMG_2293.jpg
    IMG_2293.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 343

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Missed You in NorCal

I'm sorry I missed seeing you Lorenzo. Have a safe trip home!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Great to hear of a lack of traffic. I may have to try that near me sometime and hope I have such luck.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Thanks Shadowman for the highlight of my visit to Sunny California and Ed, next time I want to see that Beast. I'm boarding for San Diego now and now that I know how long it takes to get to the airport from Discovery Automotive I can stay 15 min longer next time

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I guess, after all these years, it's finally time to tell Special Ed that he is colorblind and his car is really RED. Your wife has been very successful at hiding this from you, but she can no longer take the strain.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Awsome mods Ed and awsome work Bill

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GT Mods Forever!

Thanks Steved57 - it's an even more awesome car than before. It's sad that some of the coolest mods like the front brake ducts & engine rebuild are not visible. The best part is that it's not done. There are more projects on the way. You're going to like them! Go Shadowman!

Ed

Aug 25, 2006
Ed your comments as shared are always truly appreciated however even more so is the fact that you allow me to massage your gal thus turning your dreams into reality.

Your gal is "over the top" in a much understated way; this at least until you bring her to life and then to an ear it is quickly known that she likes to play.

"Thank You"

Shadowman

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
I ended up in Area 51 and found myself reading all the details. That part is so well done too, who else does work like this? I'm waiting 18 weeks for some fencing that was to take 6. Can't even get a phone call back. And Shadowman not only does exquisite work but documents the whole process. Wow

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
a few more photos

I just took off the wheels while cleaning the GT & took a few photos of the front brake cooling system in the wheel well. So cool. Like it should have been from Ford.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2187.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 321

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Having been in that area some my self i can appreciate all the work that it took to do that!! That is SUPER BITCHIN ED:cheers

How do you like those Rotors Ed?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Can't you cheap showoffs at least take the part tags of the new equipment? First it's bad hand models, now leaving the tags on. No sense of decorum here.

Looks really nice Special ED. Congrats on a great job by the ShadowMan. Can't wait to see it and stick a potatoe in there to see what happens. I think those little fans will make Julienne fries. Or maybe a gerbil.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ed the photos look great!

Nice to see all of the best aftermarket parts installed, AP racing brakes and Penske shocks along with the super custom brake ducts. I would remove those stickers before they get heat cycled, then they are much tougher to remove.

BTW I saw Ed's car today and it look fantastic! The rear end with the CF wicker and Shadowman exhaust looked over the top. Sounded great too.

Aug 25, 2006
Can't you cheap showoffs at least take the part tags of the new equipment? First it's bad hand models, now leaving the tags on. No sense of decorum here.

Looks really nice Special ED. Congrats on a great job by the ShadowMan. Can't wait to see it and stick a potatoe in there to see what happens. I think those little fans will make Julienne fries. Or maybe a gerbil.

fpikul thank you for the kind words and I accept those less than supportive too.

As for the stickers; I can offer no great excuse other than to say that with them in place it left no doubt that the hardware was new.

"YES" I should have removed them and will make certain to do so the next time I have the gal in my facility.

Takes care

Shadowman

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Excellent ideas and execution. Wonderful work. :cheers