Rally 7 will be in...

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
New Orleans is an awesome city. Would be great there !

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
New Orleans would be a good location in late September, really hot and humid in August. The track day group I run with, MVP Track Time is going to the new NOLA track March 10th and 11th this year but I will not be able to make it. Road America is still one of the top choices but have two chances to go there with MVP.

Here is a contact for MVP if anyone is interested in their track events. Mark runs a top notch event and is mister safety/have a good time/don’t screw up track manager.

I hope all of you will return with us in 2012 as we have expanded our track schedule (attached) to include a second date (prime time in July) at Road America, the new FIA spec NOLA Motorsports Park just outside of New Orleans in March (think break from the Midwest Winter and a possible evening on Bourbon Street) and Heartland Park in Topeka, Kansas mid-May. We are trying to add a second event at Road Atlanta and a possible foray into Texas at Harris Hill Road near Austin. You can view our current 2012 schedule at:

http://www.mvptracktime.com/id25.html

Mark Pfeffer - MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
(314) 249-3770
Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Sonoma Valley or Napa Valley with the Infineon Race Way (Former Sears Pointe, place of the 1965 FIA constructors chanpionship win with the Cobra Coupe and C. Shelby)???

Nice place, good weather, great cruising, right time of the year.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
New Orleans sounds great to me also

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Atomic GT - I've come to realize that no track with sound limits will work with our GTs. And there is no CA track that doesn't have sound limits. I have to back off the throttle & go a gear higher to drive any where in CA (except Laguna that even unmodified cars off the showroom floor can't pass sound - either 90 or 92 db which is ridiculous). I'll go any where so tell me where the rally is as I am going. At least if I know soon as my schedule is booked 6 months in advance!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Atomic GT - I've come to realize that no track with sound limits will work with our GTs. And there is no CA track that doesn't have sound limits. I have to back off the throttle & go a gear higher to drive any where in CA (except Laguna that even unmodified cars off the showroom floor can't pass sound - either 90 or 92 db which is ridiculous). I'll go any where so tell me where the rally is as I am going. At least if I know soon as my schedule is booked 6 months in advance!

Ed

Almost correct. A stock FGT would pass Sears Point and Thunder Hill, but most owners have a cat back or worst and those will not pass Sears Point, only a cat back with cats in place might pass Thunder Hill.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Rally 7

New Orleans sounds good to us.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Has anyone been to Summit in West Virginia? I'd be interested in a report - you can pm me.

And what about Spring Mountain - next to Las Vegas? The spouses always like Sin City. Biggest turnout at Rally III.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Almost correct. A stock FGT would pass Sears Point and Thunder Hill, but most owners have a cat back or worst and those will not pass Sears Point, only a cat back with cats in place might pass Thunder Hill.

The Auto Club Speedway in Fontana does not have sound issues, nor does Willow Springs in Rosamond. Not that they are in good locations for a GT Rally, but they are great for track days and modified GTs! :biggrin

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Has anyone been to Summit in West Virginia? I'd be interested in a report - you can pm me.

And what about Spring Mountain - next to Las Vegas? The spouses always like Sin City. Biggest turnout at Rally III.

Spring Mountain in Pahrump (west of Las Vegas) is where Shelby American is having the track events for the 50th anniversary gathering in March. I was going to go, even had tickets, but I got chicken on the weather going over the Rockies. It looks like a very nice track.

What about Firebird in Chandler? The Bondurant School is "attached" but the track itself looks nice too.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
:lol

Spring Mountain is a good track, but there's nothing close by except a Terrible Herbst (although I think I saw a billboard for a hooker museum when we were there a couple of years ago :lol). But it's certainly closer to Vegas than a lot of venues have been in past rallies.

If we go to Spring Mountain, Dr. Frank would have to bring his rental race-Flex again!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I see New Orleans mentioned several times in this post. Are there any tracks near the city?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
NOLA in Avondale is basically a suburb of NO. I'll be there in March.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ed what are you going there for?

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Ed what are you going there for?

Yes, same question here!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
To visit my dad but I'll check out the track also.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
This might be too much driving, but the Hot Rod Power Tour starts in Detroit and ends in Arlington TX in June. We could come up a few days early, hit woodward, gather with some Ford Folks then do a road trip.

http://blogs.hotrod.com/more-power-tour-2012-news-20061.html

Last edited:

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
This might be too much driving, but the Hot Rod Power Tour starts in Detroit and ends in Arlington TX in June. We could come up a few days early, hit woodward, gather with some Ford Folks then do a road trip.

I like it!

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii

I like it!